Digital Art Zone

3 of 5
Afraid to Buy Anything At All Now…
Posted: 01 June 2012 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4544
Joined  2004-08-11

I was going to pass on the Fantasy Bath but when I looked over the set a bit more and realized that everything could be useful elsewhere it was a must have but it sits there until this mess is cleaned up.  If it goes off sale (and since we have NO way of knowing when things go off sale, which is just retarded) I guess it goes into the wish list and that merchant looses money.  I’m sure that will sit well with the merchants after a while DAZ!  SIGH! ..............

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 01 June 2012 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2012-04-01
RAMWolff - 01 June 2012 07:29 PM

I was going to pass on the Fantasy Bath but when I looked over the set a bit more and realized that everything could be useful elsewhere it was a must have but it sits there until this mess is cleaned up.  If it goes off sale (and since we have NO way of knowing when things go off sale, which is just retarded) I guess it goes into the wish list and that merchant looses money.  I’m sure that will sit well with the merchants after a while DAZ!  SIGH! ..............

That’s a nice set!

Posted: 01 June 2012 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1706
Joined  2008-05-31
RAMWolff - 01 June 2012 06:44 PM

Also folks, remember, there is no script running in the background checking to see if you already bought something.  I made that mistake once already.  I now have to texture packs of the same for one of the new battle outfits that was released a couple of weeks ago now.. With the customer service and sales a mess right now not going to bother with it, it was a piddly amount so not overly upset but just goes to show you how much we have come to depend on that little notice page telling us we already bought something…. SIGH…. ohh

You can try this program I’m working on (for Windows, but may work on a Mac with Mono):

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

It will download your history so you can check if you already have a product, using the search function. Not really what it’s meant for but it can be used for this until DAZ hopely adds that function again. Note that search will mark all files that matches and jump to the last one on the list, so you must scroll back to see the rest if there are more than one (needs some improvement). When you have updated the database you can load it anytime without logging on.

Can’t guarantee that DAZ won’t break it when they make changes to the site, but so far it has been working fine.

There’s an image with instructions included in the zip.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 01 June 2012 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Thanks very much!!  grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 01 June 2012 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1706
Joined  2008-05-31

You’re welcome! smile  Let me know if there are any problems.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 01 June 2012 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  955
Joined  2005-11-21

Y’all who are choosing not to buy stuff are lucky.. I can’t even get products into my cart!  No matter how many times I click the button it just sits there looking at me funny.  (BRIGHT WHITE and funny looking)

Signature 

I am the hope of the omniverse, I am the light bulb in the darkness,
I am the bacon in the fridge for all living things that cry out in hunger,
I am the alpha and the amega, I am the terror that flaps in the night!

-Goku (Team 4 Star)

Posted: 01 June 2012 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Hey don’t be talking about me like that Willis!  lol

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 01 June 2012 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-04-01
Fisty - 01 June 2012 09:08 PM

Y’all who are choosing not to buy stuff are lucky.. I can’t even get products into my cart!  No matter how many times I click the button it just sits there looking at me funny.  (BRIGHT WHITE and funny looking)

When i said no problems at all I guess that wasn’t entirely accurate. Sometimes it takes a while I just click and wait. Once or twice I clicked again and it gave me an error saying 1 at a time but the item would be in the cart.

While I wouldn’t give a score of 100 just yet, I was able to checkout a few different times and got what I wanted with no errors in the amount.

Posted: 01 June 2012 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2004-08-24
[email protected] - 01 June 2012 03:22 PM

We understand the frustration as well. Many of the tools that worked in our test environment are simply not working the same right now. Our web development team has been working virtually night and day to fix issues.

I just spoke with the developer who is working on the problems with the Plat Club auto renewals. He hopes to have this fixed later today. We understand the frustration and will be providing a free month of PC membership. I know it’s not a big amount but we understand that this is a frustration point with many of you.

As we make progress on fixing other issues, and refining the store we will be posting more information on what’s been fixed.

I’m sorry for the frustration and problems. We want them fixed as well.

Appreciate the post.

I do have a lot of sympathy, being in the middle of moving a site to another server myself and going nuts.  I think it would be VERY helpful for someone official from Daz to update customers on a REGULAR basis.  A huge part of the frustration is that we are getting newsletters and forum posts and facebook posts about all these cool new things (and I SO agree with Chuck that it’s a TERRIBLE shame the amazing Supersuit was released into the middle of this madness) but almost nothing about what steps are being taken to fix the mess that’s going on, or what Daz will do (and I do trust they’ll do something) to compensate their customers.  And as the days go on with things getting only slowly better, and no word from Daz, customers are getting more and more frustrated.  I hate seeing this.

Question - is the free month applying to every PC member (including Annual members) or only ones who are affected by the issue of the monthly auto renewals?

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 01 June 2012 09:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16

It isn’t really the time for a company to talk about details of ‘compensation’ when in the middle of a crisis. Their focus is really on just fixing the immediate problems. However, crisis management 101 has ‘keep the customer informed and reassured everything is being done that is possible’ is at the top of the list. And this shouldn’t just be lip service, it needs to be sincere and as informative as possible without inviting too much heckling from the peanut gallery while trying to fix things.

Ofc, it’s easy to forget important details like that when busy freaking out.

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 01 June 2012 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  193
Joined  2007-10-21

We understand the frustration as well. Many of the tools that worked in our test environment are simply not working the same right now. Our web development team has been working virtually night and day to fix issues.

I just spoke with the developer who is working on the problems with the Plat Club auto renewals. He hopes to have this fixed later today. We understand the frustration and will be providing a free month of PC membership. I know it’s not a big amount but we understand that this is a frustration point with many of you.

As we make progress on fixing other issues, and refining the store we will be posting more information on what’s been fixed.

Thank you for the update. I am indeed frustrated by some of these changes, and will probably just wait to make any further purchases until things settle down.

I’m seeing the Plat Club prices and discounts again. I’m still locked out of the Members forum, but if further updates are at least being posted here, that helps.

Signature 

RedEyeCat Freebies!

Posted: 01 June 2012 11:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-13

i am with you guys i will suspend my shopping for the time beeing new site sucks.sorry to say.

Posted: 01 June 2012 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2004-05-09

I, too, am worried about shopping, Installers have behaved badly. Lost confidence in the store.

Posted: 02 June 2012 01:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  345
Joined  2009-03-17

I feel sorry for DAZ. I really do. After the recent success of Genesis and the free release of DS4 Pro it really hurts to see them shoot themselves in the foot like this. Unfortunately you’re only as good as the last thing people remember about you. It’s pretty clear that they’re in over their heads with the new software and I hope they do the sensible thing and get expert help, even it’s only temporary, to help sort out the mess.

You’re an old friend DAZ. It pains me to see you fall like this. Please do something about it fast.

Signature 

My life is a symphony nearing a crescendo. There have been too many segues in this piece and I long for a caesura.

Posted: 02 June 2012 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  658
Joined  2006-09-30
Ledhead - 01 June 2012 06:38 PM
Charlie Judge - 01 June 2012 05:24 PM

Thanks for stopping by and at least acknowledging the problems/complaints of your customers. Hopefully when (if ever) the store gets back to a good working condition, you will consider compensating the rest of us (non- Platinum Club members) in some significant manner (and not just a measly $2 coupon) for all our trouble and frustration. Maybe a free PC membership, a free copy of Carrara 8 pro, a big storewide sale at 30% to 50% off, and/or a Buy One Get One Free coupon on ALL DAZ Originals including expensive stuff like Pro Bundles and Carrara Pro..

...and a brand new car

Hey, Ledhead - you spelled Cow wrong!

Signature 

MOO!

3 of 5