Digital Art Zone

1 of 5
Afraid to Buy Anything At All Now…
Posted: 01 June 2012 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2009-04-25

Sorry Daz, but this new website sucks. I’m afraid to buy anything at all from the store now because all the prices keep changing. “On Sale Through” dates are anybody’s guess. Itemized order histories are not sortable as they were before. Is it too late to switch back to the old site where stuff at least worked 90% of the time? I thought this new site was supposed to be better for everyone, but that’s not what it is. It’s a headache. You could not have chosen a worse time to release the new SuperSuit… If it’s not selling like hotcakes, as it should be, you have no one to blame but yourselves. The Supersuit is IMHO the single best item that Daz has ever come up with, apart from the line of human figures. You guys should have had the good sense to postpone the release of the suit another week or two or however long it would take to get this horrible mess you call a “Store” up and running properly.

Where’s my gallery? Where’s my freaking avatar? Where’s my Platinum Club coupon?

Daz has always been my #1 place to shop, but every day that passes with no resolution to the site problems and nothing getting any better, I’m afraid my shopping days may be over for some time. You’re not only loosing money now… you’re driving your best customers away.

Posted: 01 June 2012 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  216
Joined  2005-10-18

I actually feel the same..

Not bought anything from here since the change over, as I don’t feel confident to do so..

Spending lots at other stores though..grin..

I think DAZ needs to do something quite major to restore customer confidence.

ATB.

SK.

Ehh…I can’t paragraph my sentences any more, just get lumped together as one whole body of text…

Posted: 01 June 2012 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  340
Joined  2011-05-15

I agree. I’ve completely stopped buying here. There’s too much backward risk. I’m unwilling to purchase because it’s on sale then off sale then on sale again within hours. I’ve always bought all of my DAZ items via Sales. I’d never pay full price for an item.

And it’s also taken a major toll on my time. I spend X amount of time searching for an item that’s the right price for my budget, and then I get that item into my cart and the price changes.

I can’t imagine buying anything from DAZ again unless they can assure me that prices cannot fluctuate “accidentally” and they do something tangible to restore customer confidence. It’s way too much of my time wasted and is really crippling to the creative process.

I spent over $150 at Renderosity yesterday, though! lol

Signature 

Patron the creation of Outstanding Pajamas: http://www.patreon.com/BCRice

Posted: 01 June 2012 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2005-04-06

I have bough over at “R” too.  Until things have been fixed I am just too scared to buy here. 

I really miss the store being held together with duct tape and string.  downer

Signature 

Former Post count 2152.  Somehow adding this makes it hurt a bit less. 

Posted: 01 June 2012 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  340
Joined  2011-05-15

Case in point—I have $250 worth of stuff in my cart that should be around $180 based on pre-bug pricing. And now I’m having to go item by item finding a similar replacement for each item at another store. It’s just really frustrating.

Signature 

Patron the creation of Outstanding Pajamas: http://www.patreon.com/BCRice

Posted: 01 June 2012 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  390
Joined  2007-10-30

Yep. And yesterday I spent a couple of hours fighting a slow and unresponsive store to rearrange and pick out as many items as I could afford; Only to have them go back to full price before I could check out. Sombody said it was a “mistake” that they were on sale but it still cost me time and effort; and not even a apology from DAZ for the “mistake”.Guess my limited budget money will go elsewhere until things get a whole lot better (or they put everything back at 30% off like they had yesterday).

Posted: 01 June 2012 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  231
Joined  2006-06-10

I have to agree I wanted the Fantasy Bath, which is on sale, maybe?? for 9.29, go to check out… nope, not on sale..13.xx.
Also no PC voucher/coupon, whatever. Oh well, I will now go back to lurk mode. This is no longer amusing, it’s a train wreck.

Posted: 01 June 2012 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4542
Joined  2004-08-11

Yup, I’m with y’all… Not buying one thing more until this ******* mess is cleared up!  They always do this to themselves too.. You would think they would learn! ... Build a beta site, invite some end users over to help get it spick and spanned up and THEN go live with most things working and fewer bugs to squash.  But nope!!  WE are their built in beta team and it’s annoying the customer base and loosing them sales.  Good going DAZ… Really, I mean it…. NOT !

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 01 June 2012 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  223
Joined  2003-10-09

I am also wondering about merchants who sell through DAZ and whether they have a case for compensation for lost sales due to this gross incompetence.

Posted: 01 June 2012 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2010-02-02

What annoys me is that noone from Daz is even coming on to talk about it and tell us where things are at, what’s going on, nothing.
A serious lack of communication, which was always the case even before this.
Everything always has to be held close to the chest, for no good reason.

I still don’t have any word on what’s the ETA for the Supersuit arriving in my downloads from the MM BiA. Everyone else at least has the new toy to play with, but some are still waiting even for that.

Posted: 01 June 2012 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2012-04-01

I’ve bought a few items here in the last week with no problems at all.

Posted: 01 June 2012 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2008-12-16

I feel sad. It’s like watching a friend struggle with a serious illness.

Posted: 01 June 2012 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2012-04-01
Treasurer_and_Battle - 01 June 2012 01:51 PM

I feel sad. It’s like watching a friend struggle with a serious illness.

They’ll get it worked out. It’ll just take a little while.

Posted: 01 June 2012 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  283
Joined  2003-10-09

I’ve been patient so far, but an VERY DISAPPOINTED in the new system and the very limited features - I think this cart would be fine for a hardware store but for digital artists and products with inter-dependencies it is a DISASTER.  If the old functionality and reliability are not restored soon, I will be spending my $ elsewhere.

Posted: 01 June 2012 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2005-04-06
Spincycle3D - 01 June 2012 01:32 PM

I’ve bought a few items here in the last week with no problems at all.

Wow, you must extremely lucky.  Unfortunately, many can’t report the same thing.

Signature 

Former Post count 2152.  Somehow adding this makes it hurt a bit less. 

Posted: 01 June 2012 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  622
Joined  2004-12-14
RAMWolff - 01 June 2012 01:19 PM

Yup, I’m with y’all… Not buying one thing more until this ******* mess is cleared up!  They always do this to themselves too.. You would think they would learn! ... Build a beta site, invite some end users over to help get it spick and spanned up and THEN go live with most things working and fewer bugs to squash.  But nope!!  WE are their built in beta team and it’s annoying the customer base and loosing them sales.  Good going DAZ… Really, I mean it…. NOT !

For DAZ to learn, they would have to realize that they made a mistake.  As long a customers keep treating DAZ like Charlie Sheen and giving them pass after pass after pass, they aren’t going to change their behavior - if they see their behavior as a mistake to begin with.

I got 2 items I am ready to buy.  I ain’t buying anything until I get my coupon, voucher, whatever they are calling it this week.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

1 of 5