Digital Art Zone

2 of 4
Can’t get female genitalia textures to work
Posted: 02 August 2014 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  292
Joined  2003-10-09

Has anyone found any gimmicks or tricks to get past this?

Rezzing it as a prop? As a separate figure and just moving it into place, or anything - that delivered workable results?

Signature 

Bless up and praise to the most high Jah. Equal Rights and Justice for all.

Posted: 02 August 2014 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  609
Joined  2005-04-01

I’m wondering what would happen if I built my Genesis in Studio 4 with the genitals and than imported into Carrara, that’s the only thing I can think of that might work, but I don’t have any time to test that as a solution at the moment.  Besides which I’m terrible at doing anything in Studio, so I might not get it right anyway…

Signature 

This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then… explode.

Posted: 02 August 2014 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  285
Joined  2008-05-23
Jonstark - 02 August 2014 10:10 AM

I’m wondering what would happen if I built my Genesis in Studio 4 with the genitals and than imported into Carrara, that’s the only thing I can think of that might work, but I don’t have any time to test that as a solution at the moment.  Besides which I’m terrible at doing anything in Studio, so I might not get it right anyway…

I tried that once.  The textures shifted on import and would not work.  ( That may have been G2M, instead of G2F ) 

ncamp

Posted: 02 August 2014 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2003-10-09
Jonstark - 02 August 2014 10:10 AM

I’m wondering what would happen if I built my Genesis in Studio 4 with the genitals and than imported into Carrara,

Nope. Does not work no way you import it from DS.

I’m trying a little workaround and is promising…

Posted: 02 August 2014 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8495
Joined  2009-07-13

Not seen this thread before as not my interest
But can confirm an animated FBX of Any genesis or genesis2 figure works fine uv mapped correcrly from iClone 3Dxchange 5 pipeline with iclone spring animation on geografted appendage even!
So a duf import issue obviously rather than a geometry one
An obj import too would work not fbx straight from studio though.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 02 August 2014 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8495
Joined  2009-07-13

Oh yeah did Raw arts cat world tails do not UV map correctly

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 02 August 2014 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6162
Joined  2006-08-27
wendy♥catz - 02 August 2014 12:02 PM

Not seen this thread before as not my interest
But can confirm an animated FBX of Any genesis or genesis2 figure works fine uv mapped correcrly from iClone 3Dxchange 5 pipeline with iclone spring animation on geografted appendage even!
So a duf import issue obviously rather than a geometry one
An obj import too would work not fbx straight from studio though.

Didn’t interest me either, except for adding this one liner based on the thread subject (except I don’t think “textures” was in the original title):

Can’t get female genitalia to work

The complaint of married men everywhere! wink

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 02 August 2014 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2003-10-09

I’ve been away from 3D for a long time Wendy, I don’t know what “iClone 3Dxchange 5 pipeline” is and have only a clue of what “an animated FBX” means. rolleyes

I understand many are not interested in solving this issue Evilproducer, but I know others are so here is my trick

I’ve tried this workaround with Genesis Female Genitalia, from now on GFG. As my test has been done with a V4 texture the images shown are not perfect as I do not find a way to change the UVMap set from different V versions as you can do in DS. Does anybody know how to?

I believe though using Bree’s genital texture or any other V5 this trick will work seamlessly and I will test asap:

In a new file and from Content you load Genesis and 2 GFG;

Rename them (FigureFit and Textured for instance).

Make GFG Figure Fit invisible, uncheck cast shadows and receive shadows. Fit it to Genesis
Apply the skin torso shader of your character to the second GFG or to the hip if you have the UV Map with two texture areas. Receive shadows unchecked. Fit it to GFG Figure Fit.

Group them if you want to save them in My Presets -Objects in order to use them with other figures.

If you have morphs you control them from the invisible GFG. When changing poses sometimes you will have to unfit and fit the textured one.

The result is not perfect but a workaround till C9 fixes it and GeoGrafting be fully supported in Carrara

I have a link to a folder which shows uncensored images and will serve to document my tests but do not dare to put it here as I don’t know how to make this post Mature Only. PM me if wanted but I think text explains enough.

Posted: 02 August 2014 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-04-01

That’s both simple and brilliant Jerife, sounds like a mostly workable workaround.  I’ll have to give it a try.  Thank you!

Signature 

This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then… explode.

Posted: 04 August 2014 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

This is almost but not quite working for me, as you can see with my cropped image.

It doesn’t quite meet up at the top.

Tried again with a base unmorphed Genesis 2 and got perfect results.

Now I’m going to try setting it all up in DS, and then importing it and seeing what shows up on the screen…

Image Attachments
G2G.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 04 August 2014 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Ok, if I try to import a scene with a G2F-gen prop that was parented to another G2F-gen prop inside of Daz - Carrara crashes. It cannot handle two of them in the same scene on import. At least when they’re attached. BUT I can import one that is attached, then add a new one in carrara - use the new one to fit and the one that was on my figure for the texture - and that avoided the problem in my graphic above WHEN I morophed in Aiko from inside of Carrara.

Now testing with an already morphed Aiko.

The issue I was seeing above is solved by unfitting and then refitting the “hidden fit” G2F-genitals after every time you pose the figure.
I’ve now got it rendering an Aiko 6 on my screen with a properly geografted ‘prop’...

If I ever need it. Not planning on going back into nudes - but when I find a wall, I’m the kind of person who feels a sudden need to start climbing… smile

Signature 

Posted: 04 August 2014 11:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-04-01
arcady - 04 August 2014 08:18 PM

Ok, if I try to import a scene with a G2F-gen prop that was parented to another G2F-gen prop inside of Daz - Carrara crashes. It cannot handle two of them in the same scene on import. At least when they’re attached. BUT I can import one that is attached, then add a new one in carrara - use the new one to fit and the one that was on my figure for the texture - and that avoided the problem in my graphic above WHEN I morophed in Aiko from inside of Carrara.

Now testing with an already morphed Aiko.

The issue I was seeing above is solved by unfitting and then refitting the “hidden fit” G2F-genitals after every time you pose the figure.
I’ve now got it rendering an Aiko 6 on my screen with a properly geografted ‘prop’...

If I ever need it. Not planning on going back into nudes - but when I find a wall, I’m the kind of person who feels a sudden need to start climbing… smile

Excellent, sounds like a viable workaround, thank you very much for testing this and finding a solution arcady.  Gonna have to bookmark this thread, in case I need it in the future.

Signature 

Posted: 05 August 2014 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

On further testing nope…

As soon as you add any atmosphere or sky effects - from either the scene tab or the render room… it goes nuts again.

Signature 

Posted: 05 August 2014 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I got it to import into carrara with the geograft in place by exporting from Daz as an OBJ file…

But I lost my textures as a result, so I’ll have to see if I can figure out texturing it…

NOT a solution for animation obviously… but might be for still-images.

I don’t see myself ever needing such a prop for animation - given that I’m hoping to not go down the temple-vicky route this time in 3D… smile

But I also grabbed up another ‘after market’ geograft prop from a site who’s name begins with render but does not end in osity… wink
- To find out if this whole issue is due to the prop or the figure. Won’t know until I can test that one. Unfortunately that one is too visual for any normal use… So its $13 just to test a bug somebody else should have fixed a long time ago…

Signature 

Posted: 05 August 2014 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

The OBJ import method is also a little weird. Once I apply the hip shader to that region, it is positionally off by about a 1/3 too high up - leaving the intimate region on the front of the body.

Can I just adjust a texture’s position easily, or do I need to get complex in UV maps? It seems like something that should be easy to do - to move the position of a texture map.

EDIT: It looks like I will need to use custom mapping from the UV Editing system, at least that’s what pg. 534 of the Carrara manual is hinting me at (I’m not at home right now so I don’t have Carrara here and if I did… this is the LAST thing I could be working to fix atm… smile ).

One way or another, I will turn out a render that looks natural… so I can move on… O.o

Signature 

2 of 4