Digital Art Zone

1 of 4
Can’t get female genitalia textures to work
Posted: 09 November 2012 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2003-10-09

They geograft ok, but no matter what textute i use from bree to V4 textures the gentalia seams to be off. It’s like it has no UV map. The last test i did was to save a textured charector in DS4.5 and then load the charector in cararra, same difference.

Image Attachments
11-9-2012_1-28-10_PM.jpg

Posted: 09 November 2012 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  548
Joined  2007-08-14

When I tested the M5 genitals in Carrara, they would only display textures correctly when they weren’t Fit To Genesis. Looks like geo-grafting is still broken in Carrara.

Signature 

These are not the tutorials you’re looking for. Move along.
My old profile

Posted: 09 November 2012 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  631
Joined  2010-09-22

I got that exact same problem.. try buying her a few drinks!

Posted: 02 September 2013 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2006-04-27

Hi Everyone,

Has someone figured out how to fix this?  I just got Carrara 8.5 Pro, and am having the same problem.  I read on other places that it might be a UV issue, and I saved a UV preset using Daz Studio, but that didn’t help.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Rich S.

Posted: 17 September 2013 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2008-06-14

Have the same problem with carrara pro release version.

Posted: 17 September 2013 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  548
Joined  2007-08-14

Another thread on the subject.

Signature 

These are not the tutorials you’re looking for. Move along.
My old profile

Posted: 17 September 2013 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  476
Joined  2005-04-01

We need to keep this thread visible and bumped up til they address it.  One of the big selling points I remember for the V5 and M5 pro bundles that DAZ touted back when they came out was how you could only get the geo-grafted genitals that way.  Well, if they are going to make the v5/m5 pro bundles a selling point for Carrara 8.5, they need to make sure it all works with Carrara 8.5.

I’m not mad at Daz or scolding them, but I haven’t seen any official response, so we need to make sure they are aware of this problem.

Signature 

This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then… explode.

Posted: 25 September 2013 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-11-17

Strange… If I import a default genesis model with the male gens grafted on (no textures) from DS and attempt to 3d paint, I can paint on the torso texture but the gens produce a color disaster.  If I drag the gens out of the smart content browser in Carrara, I can paint it just fine.  Importing the ungrafted gens from DS produces the same painting disaster.  I have not figured out how to graft in Carrara yet so I cant test that.

Posted: 23 October 2013 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2003-10-09

Come on DAZ

I have bought hundreds of UK pounds of Daz products including Carrara 8 pro and now Pro 8.5 I took part in the development by reporting bugs. this problem was known about while 8.5 was in beta

Product liability
Selling a product with known faults
If you sold cars you would be facing litigation

We dont want, that all we want is a product that works

Now do your bit and fix this problem now.

Posted: 18 January 2014 04:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2003-10-09

This is ridiculous.

The Michael 5 Pro bundle and the Genesis compatibility is the only reason I upgraded…

...continued to purchase several Michael 5 characters, not realizing that the genitals were unusable!

Now I have a client coming tomorrow to look at character development proofs for a company that makes genital ornamentation-gear.

No gens!

Professional?

Criminal more like.

Posted: 18 January 2014 05:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14296
Joined  2003-10-09

I assume it’s the male genitals you are trying to use on Michael 5, despite the thread title? Some more information on how they are failing would be useful - are you having a texture mis-match? If so note that the male genitals, unlike the female, use their own maps so you will need to be using a texture set that includes those, and to be applying the correct materials to both base figure and genitals.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 18 January 2014 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2008-05-23
Richard Haseltine - 18 January 2014 05:59 AM

I assume it’s the male genitals you are trying to use on Michael 5, despite the thread title? Some more information on how they are failing would be useful - are you having a texture mis-match? If so note that the male genitals, unlike the female, use their own maps so you will need to be using a texture set that includes those, and to be applying the correct materials to both base figure and genitals.

Richard,

There is a problem in Carrara with the male genitals.  If you load the figure by itself and apply a texture map, it looks fine.  When it is conformed to the figure, there are white swirls and other messed up mapping.  In Carrara, somehow the UV map shifts when the figure is geografted into place.

Another issue is (how do I put this delicately?):  In studio, if you load the figures, the bend morphs are in place so that it hangs down.  When you open it in Carrara, the bend morphs are not preloaded and the figure sorta sticks straight out.

One test I did was to fit and apply the figure and textures to M5 in studio.  It looks like it is supposed to in studio.
Save the file.
Open it in Carrara.
The textures for the figure have the same white swirls and blotches as trying to load the files in Carrara.

To sum up, the textures load fine on the figure when it is not attached to M5, but they mess up when attached.

Posted: 19 January 2014 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14296
Joined  2003-10-09

Sorry, I hadn’t noticed this was a Carrara thread - I thought GeoGrafting was not yet fully supported in Carrara in general?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 25 January 2014 01:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2003-10-09

And so why would DAZ bundle unsupported content as a selling point for Carrara Pro?

To get the customer’s money and waste their time?

Posted: 25 January 2014 02:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2899
Joined  2009-02-24
Reality1 - 25 January 2014 01:48 AM

And so why would DAZ bundle unsupported content as a selling point for Carrara Pro?

To get the customer’s money and waste their time?

The geografted genitals have never been intentionally made as a selling point, even for Daz users, which is why they’re only available in the Pro bundles; the idea being that only professionals would have a need for them. While I appreciate it’s frustrating to own content which doesn’t work as intended, the other items in the bundle are not restricted in this way and that is the intended the selling point.

Daz, to my knowledge, have never advertised the genitals on any bundle aside from listing it in the contents. If you bought the pro bundle purely to use them in Carrara and are unhappy, Daz do offer a refund policy so you could swap it for a lower-end bundle which is more suited to your needs.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 04 July 2014 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2003-10-09

Bumping this thread that started in 2012. Not a solution yet? No workaround found? Can’t believe it sick

1 of 4