Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
DSON Hell on Earth…..
Posted: 12 November 2012 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2004-08-04

I guess what urks me is dropping $50 on a product that technically is useless except for Gen3 products…....

Starting to feel a little bit let down by DAZ lately.

Posted: 12 November 2012 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2004-12-31
Male-M3dia - 12 November 2012 08:08 AM
mitchman - 11 November 2012 12:44 PM
Male-M3dia - 11 November 2012 12:12 PM
darkforceprime - 11 November 2012 12:10 PM
Male-M3dia - 11 November 2012 11:54 AM
darkforceprime - 11 November 2012 11:34 AM

Next question: (there must have been a post about this somewhere) Why is it that the M4 morph for Genesis works, but when you go to conform M4 clothes to Genesis it doesn’t work?

You have to convert the clothes via autofit in DS4 for them to work.

Sorry, I didn’t specify. I meant in Poser.

Same thing. If you’re using a outfit made for M4, you have to convert it in DS4.

Ah… so in other words, you still need to have DS4 and this stuff still doesn’t really work in Poser. Got it. I thought it was just me. I installed everything and all I can get is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File “/Users/Shared/Poser Pro 2012 Content/Runtime/libraries/character/DAZ People/Basic Male.py”, line 1, in <module>
  import dson.dzdsonimporter
ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

So, obviously, it is still not ready for Poser, especially on a Mac. I remain unimpressed and out of luck. I can now go back to ignoring DAZ again. Glad I didn’t sign back up for the PC like I was thinking. Back to Rendo for all my content. Thanks for the heads up.

Actually, this is user error, not DAZ… sounds like you either you don’t have poser 9/2012 or you didn’t install SR3 if you did.  I have it installed on both mac and windows and I had no problems getting it set up.

Perhaps so… I went back and re-installed all 3 updates: SR2, SR3 & SR3.1 - then re-installed the DSON and made a new Runtime for Genesis stuff only. It now seems to work, though slowly. It took me 6 hours of searching, installations and so on to get this done. That is wasted production time. This is becoming quite typical of DAZ and I remain skeptical at best. Now I have to determine if all this was worth it and if the expense of a new category of specialized content is in my budget. We’ll see.

Signature 

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Mitchell Davidson Bentley, MA

Atomic Fly Studios • Creative Consultant
Rising Phoenix Productions • CIO
ASFA • President 2010-2014

2 of 2