Digital Art Zone

Poser 9 character in DAZ Studio
Posted: 09 November 2012 04:07 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  554
Joined  2007-01-05

Lately i’ve tested some character created for Poser 9, new rigging system, in DAZ 3 and DAZ 4.5, They are loaded pretty cool, and morphs works, but when i try to load a pose the geometry will be broken.
There’s a way to use a Poser 9 character in DAZ? A sort of DSon importer?

Posted: 09 November 2012 04:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19

If they don’t have an alternate legacy rig, it would probably need them to be completely re-rigged with either that or a Studio-format weight-mapped rig.

Posted: 09 November 2012 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  554
Joined  2007-01-05

But, in this case, i will lost all morh.

Posted: 09 November 2012 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17

Is there anything in the works to transfer P9 figures into DS & have them work properly?  Or is this going to be a one-way street?

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 09 November 2012 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  986
Joined  2005-11-27

Poser characters traditionally are not as remotely popular as DAZ’s characters, so I’m not sure there would ever be enough demand to make a conversion worth anyone’s time.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 09 November 2012 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  610
Joined  2004-12-14

You can convert a Poser9/2012 weight-mapped figure to a traditionally rigged character in about 20 minutes.

Once you have the figure in Poser, open the joint editor and change the weight maps to spherical zones.

Save the figure & your done.

You might want to go to the Cararra forum - somebody got Anastasia working in Cararra a while back.

As far as something like DSON for Poser, I would recommend asking over on the Poser Forum at RNDA - I doubt SM is monitoring this forum.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 10 November 2012 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17
ssgbryan - 09 November 2012 03:46 PM

You can convert a Poser9/2012 weight-mapped figure to a traditionally rigged character in about 20 minutes.

Once you have the figure in Poser, open the joint editor and change the weight maps to spherical zones.

Save the figure & your done.

You might want to go to the Cararra forum - somebody got Anastasia working in Cararra a while back.

As far as something like DSON for Poser, I would recommend asking over on the Poser Forum at RNDA - I doubt SM is monitoring this forum.

Conversion to regular rigging kind of defeats the purpose of why I want to import the figure into DS.  I’ll check out the RDNA forum to see if anything like this is being discussed.  I have the feeling that any conversions will be done by a user rather than SM or DAZ3D

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719