Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
Can we turn M5 in to a centaur with Geo Grafting ?
Posted: 09 November 2012 01:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  227
Joined  2003-10-09

Can we turn M5 in to a centaur with Geo Grafting ?

Can we use M5 leg rigs for the horse front legs ?
Can we add weight map rigs to the rear of the horse ?

Will M5 weight map rigs stay ?

Will M5 morphs stay ?

Guess what I am asking is what would happen if we tryed to make a M5 centaur ?
Can it be done ?

Thanks

Posted: 09 November 2012 02:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1290
Joined  2005-02-25

yes…...

Signature 

The Mind on the other side!
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/midnight_stories/

Posted: 09 November 2012 02:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

Except if you want to redistribute such a beast, you will need to run it by DAZ…still not a very clear, well defined process for this and last I heard they were still going on a case by case basis.

For personal use…yeah, no problem (well, other than the complexity of getting all the weight mapping to mesh and be convincing).

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 09 November 2012 02:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25

The skeleton part of the horse is where you really have to sit down and nut it out try and have as much similarity to genesis as you can and start with the genesis figure as a base then work the M5 morph into that. as the horse scale will have to match.

Signature 

Posted: 09 November 2012 03:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1627
Joined  2009-08-08

Interesting that ovwer in the members forums there is a comment (in the Kids5 thread) about a number of things in the readmes of impending unreleased products which mentions a mysterious MilHorse 2. The fabled unflatable pony, perhaps?

Posted: 09 November 2012 03:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25
JOdel - 09 November 2012 03:17 AM

Interesting that ovwer in the members forums there is a comment (in the Kids5 thread) about a number of things in the readmes of impending unreleased products which mentions a mysterious MilHorse 2. The fabled unflatable pony, perhaps?

Hmmm might have a look to see what’s going on ?

Signature 

Posted: 09 November 2012 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14771
Joined  2003-10-09

Don’t forget that for GeoGrafting to work the parts have to line up in their zero-pose, so the horse part of a GeoGraft centaur would need to be largely under the floor. The hierarchy would also be odd as the horse figure would be a child of Genesis. It wouldn’t work on a separate horse figure as, as I recall, only the parent figure gets parts hidden - and of course a horse wouldn’t be modelled to match the Genesis vertex positions.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 09 November 2012 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14

I made a pose file to put Genesis into the right position to use Hemi426’s centaur package for the MilHorse. 

Hemi’s thread on the new forums (which includes my freebie pose/transmap) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6465/

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 09 November 2012 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2011-09-13
Richard Haseltine - 09 November 2012 06:28 AM

Don’t forget that for GeoGrafting to work the parts have to line up in their zero-pose, so the horse part of a GeoGraft centaur would need to be largely under the floor. The hierarchy would also be odd as the horse figure would be a child of Genesis. It wouldn’t work on a separate horse figure as, as I recall, only the parent figure gets parts hidden - and of course a horse wouldn’t be modelled to match the Genesis vertex positions.

Yes, on the last point, you would have to reduce the poly-count on the horse’s neck to match a suitable ring of polys around the Genesis waist in order to achieve a graft. This means it could not be done with a morph of the horse, and therefore, I presume, the horse would have to be re-rigged, not to mention re-mapped, if I am not mistaken. Then of course you have the texturing issue.

Hemi426 does it the old-fashioned way, and, I think, with excellent results. As a professional product I should think a standalone figure would still be the way to go (as has already been done, of course), although I seem to recall that KempSparky was experimenting with a Geo-Grafted centaur, but he modelled the horse body himself (ran into problems, I think, which was a shame because it was looking great).

Posted: 09 November 2012 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14

The problem with a stand alone figure has and will always be support.  The hybrids, whether Geografted or otherwise keep the support of their donor figures and that makes them much more attractive IMO.

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 09 November 2012 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  214
Joined  2011-09-13
adamr001 - 09 November 2012 08:19 AM

The problem with a stand alone figure has and will always be support.  The hybrids, whether Geografted or otherwise keep the support of their donor figures and that makes them much more attractive IMO.

Yes, that’s true, especially as the human element is usually the substantive part in this kind of figure. I haven’t been tempted by a standalone centaur because I didn’t like the human section and this cannot easily be varied (unlike a figure based on Genesis). I hope someone overcomes the hurdles of creating a Geo-Grafted centaur one day (as well as the other chimaeras).

Posted: 09 November 2012 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04
midnight_stories - 09 November 2012 03:20 AM

Hmmm might have a look to see what’s going on ?

Just go to documentation wiki, and on front page, pick “recent changes”. TADAH.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 09 November 2012 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  227
Joined  2003-10-09

DAZ could make a descent polycount subdividable Genesis 4 legged animal.

That could morph from horse,dog,bear,cat etc etc.

That you could geo graft M5 on to the Genesis 4 legged animal like a horse.

6 legged Wasp & 8 legged Spiders and Scorpions are cool to.

Posted: 09 November 2012 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  269
Joined  2006-05-09

I am sure it has been discussed, but I can’t seem to locate.  Is there a set of tutorials, how to, discussion on making your own Genesis Figure?

Signature 

Carrara Cafe

Posted: 10 November 2012 06:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14771
Joined  2003-10-09

Do you mean a modified genesis, or a non-Genesis TriAx figure? For the latter, have a look at Blondie’s tutorial in the store.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 10 November 2012 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  269
Joined  2006-05-09
Richard Haseltine - 10 November 2012 06:16 AM

Do you mean a modified genesis, or a non-Genesis TriAx figure? For the latter, have a look at Blondie’s tutorial in the store.

Modifying Genesis, though if I have to go from scratch I will get Blondie’s tutorial (might anyways, as it looks to be some good information).

I mean Anubus has more mesh its not just a regular morph that moves / adjusts the mesh around.  ( I could be wrong about it having extra mesh, if it doesn’t then there is a lot of mesh to mod)

Signature 

Carrara Cafe

1 of 3