Digital Art Zone

3 of 4
Guns. BANG!
Posted: 10 November 2012 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2832
Joined  2004-04-14

I personally have not made any mat files for them.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 10 November 2012 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  642
Joined  2011-01-13

@Matty: Okay, got ya. And yes, I was trying to edit the IDE50 (something like IDE506_6.cr2, IDE50_10.cr2, blah blah blah). I also have the AGM19. I just wasn’t sure if I was sure if we were talking about the gun or the bullets. lol. Just trying to be exact.

@SpotedKitty: Not I. But it would be cool if someone made some. A freebie maybe.

Signature 

An expert is just an experienced novice.

Posted: 10 November 2012 11:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2832
Joined  2004-04-14

Only the CR2 files need to be edited.  Since the bullets are props then we dont have to edit them smile

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 14 November 2012 11:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

Um, I’ve never gone by names so I can’t tell by the list, but is there a working shotgun?

Signature 

Posted: 15 November 2012 12:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2003-10-09

What kind of shotgun are you looking for? bob1965 has a pretty decent selection—for free, no less—over at OnTarget3D...

Win1897 - based on the Winchester Model 97, a slide-action model with 3 different (long, riot and trench) barrels via geometry switching.

Coach Gun - a side-by-side double-barreled, break-action design of the sort Wells Fargo issued to its drivers for defense beginning in the late 1850s, and still manufactured today.

Over and Under Shotgun - another break-action double-barrel design; as the name indicates, the barrels are vertically stacked.

All three feature working actions, triggers, hammers and the like. And did I mention they’re free?

Posted: 15 November 2012 02:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

Free guns? Thanks!

Signature 

Posted: 15 November 2012 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  252
Joined  2012-10-05
LightofHeaven - 15 November 2012 02:14 AM

Free guns? Thanks!

If you’re a fan of classic TV spy shows and you want free guns, look at this here over on ShareCG:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/62100/browse/5/3D-Model/Man-from-U.N.C.L.E.-P38-Special

Yep, it’s the famous U.N.C.L.E. Special based on the Walther P-38. (The guy who made this also has free Napoleon Solo and Illya Kuryakin characters for M4.)

By the way, for those of you who were troubled about instruments designed for killing being so pretty, the U.N.C.L.E. Special fires sleep-dart ammunition in addition to its regular loads.

Posted: 15 November 2012 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13
joea64 - 15 November 2012 05:00 PM
LightofHeaven - 15 November 2012 02:14 AM

Free guns? Thanks!

If you’re a fan of classic TV spy shows and you want free guns, look at this here over on ShareCG:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/62100/browse/5/3D-Model/Man-from-U.N.C.L.E.-P38-Special

Yep, it’s the famous U.N.C.L.E. Special based on the Walther P-38. (The guy who made this also has free Napoleon Solo and Illya Kuryakin characters for M4.)

By the way, for those of you who were troubled about instruments designed for killing being so pretty, the U.N.C.L.E. Special fires sleep-dart ammunition in addition to its regular loads.

Thanksd. I’m actually not sure which gun I want to use. I just know I have an animation I want to do where a couple of idiots open fire at a place and then get their triggers shot off by a badarse guy. lolo

Signature 

Posted: 15 November 2012 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  252
Joined  2012-10-05

Speaking of Motokamishii’s gun models, I ran into a problem tonight with one of them. I bought his Ingram M11 submachine gun model last weekend and attempted to load it into my latest scene, but when I tried to do that, the light (the default scene light) changed from bright to dark, basically, a mirror image of itself. Since the model has a number of variants, I tried several of them, but with the same result, and I finally had to leave it out of the scene because I don’t yet know how to reset the light to the proper state when something like that happens. Does anyone know what I’m talking about (I might not have been too clear explaining it, I should have taken renders to show you the problem) and how to fix it or prevent it from happening?

Posted: 15 November 2012 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

Did you load it in Poser or DS? Try adjusting the shaders. Shaders are different from program to program.

Signature 

Posted: 16 November 2012 01:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11023
Joined  2007-11-06

...I ‘d like to see someone do the weapons from the Shadowrun RPG system.

...and the T.H.R.U.S.H. guns with that IR sight.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 16 November 2012 02:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

The trigger of the AGM10 looks kinda weird, but man, I wiush these things were smart propped.

Signature 

Posted: 25 November 2012 01:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1091
Joined  2010-09-19

The garage is getting a bit cluttered - might need to make/get a decent gun rack or two…

Image Attachments
arsenal.jpg
 Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 25 January 2014 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2009-12-23

here i am again with a very stoopid question..

i recently bought the “bad guy for genesis” set - it was a cheap sale item, i wanted it especially for the holster. of course, free gun (not that this is hard to come by free, but hey, holster, jeans, untucked shirt..).

now i thought maybe it would be cool in a scene where my hitman leaves his gun on a table to have some ammo lying around too.
problem: i’m totally weapon illiterate - maybe cuz living far away from the states, lol - what type of gun is this? do you need something like ammo in a box (i saw 2 freebies on rendo, no idea if they fit in the concept), or do you buy a full loader instead you can just chuck inside (if something like that exists).. no clue whatsoever what i’m looking for to make it a tiny little bit realistic ~
the superduper awesome list a few posts behind is great, i’m bookmarking it for later - but for me it’s almost as if it was written in chinese :/

Posted: 25 January 2014 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2003-10-09

Removed Link. Alternate link in next post down by me.

Thank you for the links. ...Bookmarked the thread.

Signature 

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. - Samuel Beckett (1906-1989)

3 of 4