Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2880
Joined  2004-10-25
SickleYield - 09 November 2012 12:20 PM

*Bookmarked thread for list*

Me too!!  wink

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 09 November 2012 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1090
Joined  2010-09-19
Spyro - 09 November 2012 05:54 AM

Would really love to see Motokamishii make a Walther P99!! I love that pistol. It’s up there in my most favorite’s along with Desert Eagle and HK USP. Not sure if it would be appropriate to contact him with a request.

Rogue - Jet Li (War/Rogue Assassin)
Serene - Kate Beckinsale (Underworld)

These people made me love it. I also love the sleek design. And the handle is beautifully shaped.

Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 09 November 2012 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  638
Joined  2011-01-13
Mattymanx - 09 November 2012 08:19 AM
LightofHeaven - 08 November 2012 06:03 PM
Mattymanx - 08 November 2012 05:37 PM

That was a freebie at DAZ in the past.  It is no longer available.

If you need a Desert Eagle, I HIGHLY recommend this one - http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/ide50-for-poser/73009

Its fully functional as in all parts that should move on the real gun do.  Modeling is high quality and you get more then just the gun with it.  Excellent price for the quality and options.  His other weapons are of the same quality workmanship.

It says it’s foir Poser. Does it work iun DS?

I was thinking more like a Gloick, but I might consider the Desert Eagle.

Yes they do.  What does NOT work by default is the ability to parent the bullets to any of the revolvers chambers inorder to have them rotate with the chamber.

Two ways around that are to have DS show hidden files and then find the chamber in the list and parent the bullets.  The second method, wheich I prefer is to edit the CR2 files for the guns so that the parts are showing by default instead of being hidden.

I know from speaking briefly with Motokamishii that he does not use DS at all and works strictly in Poser.  Plus he is Japanese and doesn’t really know any english.

Oh great, I feel like a super noob again. How do I edit a CR2 file in this way? I only ever play with OBJs.

Signature 

An expert is just an experienced novice.

Posted: 09 November 2012 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2818
Joined  2004-04-14
LightofHeaven - 09 November 2012 05:09 PM
Mattymanx - 09 November 2012 08:19 AM
LightofHeaven - 08 November 2012 06:03 PM
Mattymanx - 08 November 2012 05:37 PM

That was a freebie at DAZ in the past.  It is no longer available.

If you need a Desert Eagle, I HIGHLY recommend this one - http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/ide50-for-poser/73009

Its fully functional as in all parts that should move on the real gun do.  Modeling is high quality and you get more then just the gun with it.  Excellent price for the quality and options.  His other weapons are of the same quality workmanship.

It says it’s foir Poser. Does it work iun DS?

I was thinking more like a Gloick, but I might consider the Desert Eagle.

Yes they do.  What does NOT work by default is the ability to parent the bullets to any of the revolvers chambers inorder to have them rotate with the chamber.

Two ways around that are to have DS show hidden files and then find the chamber in the list and parent the bullets.  The second method, wheich I prefer is to edit the CR2 files for the guns so that the parts are showing by default instead of being hidden.

I know from speaking briefly with Motokamishii that he does not use DS at all and works strictly in Poser.  Plus he is Japanese and doesn’t really know any english.

Oh great, I feel like a super noob again. How do I edit a CR2 file in this way? I only ever play with OBJs.

I will post the instructions later after I come back from the movies or some time tomorrow.  Just dont know if my friends and I are doing anything after the movie or not.

Until then, I will highly suggest you use Notepad++ - http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ - for editing as you can open hundreds of files at once AND it automatically backups the file your editing too.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 09 November 2012 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

No need for all this Editing unless you NEED a bullet in the Chamber for every render. Do this instead.

Create a new Node position it at the center of the gun. Parent the NODE to the gun. Position the Bullet properly, now Parent the Bullet to the NODE. For later use Save as Scene or Scene Subset. No need to edit a single thing.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 09 November 2012 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

I would still like to learn how to edit the .cr2. Who knows? Maybe it will become my preference.

Signature 

Posted: 09 November 2012 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-04-14
Jaderail - 09 November 2012 07:05 PM

No need for all this Editing unless you NEED a bullet in the Chamber for every render. Do this instead.

Create a new Node position it at the center of the gun. Parent the NODE to the gun. Position the Bullet properly, now Parent the Bullet to the NODE. For later use Save as Scene or Scene Subset. No need to edit a single thing.

The bullets load in place but by default cannot be parented to the chamber and spin with it like it does in poser.  So the null wont do anyone any good.  I suggest editing since it saves you from having to expose the hidden nodes everytime to aceess what you need which includes applying a different surface shader.

In the screen caps below you will see what you are looking for in the CR2 and what it should look like when you are using Notetab++ to change it.  Choose “Replace All in All open Documents” regardless of how many files you have open.

Make sure you click on the icon that looks like several disks inorder to save multiple files at once.

Image Attachments
2012-11-09_231020.png2012-11-09_231053.png
 Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART

Posted: 09 November 2012 11:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

It’s THAT easy? Well, I’m still nervous that I might bust something, like…my computer screen or my head!

Installing Notepad++ now.

If I wanted to save a copy of the original .cr2, how do I get the new one to load instead of the original?

Signature 

Posted: 09 November 2012 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

I’m not sure how Notepad++ does it but changing the file extension to .bak or adding a “~” to it are more or less universal methods of designating a file as a ‘backup’.  The original would be something like ‘somegun.cr2.bak’ or ‘somegun.~’ and edited file will then be saved as ‘somegun.cr2’...done automatically by Notepad++.

Notepad++ is probably the best piece of Windows software around. (Said by a true Linux fan…)

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 10 November 2012 12:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

Okay, I have all five gun .cr2 files loaded up on Notepad++. The right ones, right?

How the heck do I type those Wingdingy-looking boxes? If it requires a numpad, I don’t have one.

Signature 

Posted: 10 November 2012 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-13

I ran a search through one of those monstrous cr2s. Couldn’t find the hammer_pin. I think i opened the wrong cr2s.

Signature 

Posted: 10 November 2012 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-04-14

What gun are you editing?  The IDF50?

Anyways, dont worry about the boxes.  Just find one of the headings and you can highlight the “hidden   1” and then do Ctrl+H and have the search and replace option come up and you will see it filled in the field for you.  I normally just copy and paste from the first field to the second field and replace the 1 wit a 0.  And dont worry about making a mistake.  If you do, you can just extract the original from the zip file.  If you want two copies of the gun, simply rename the CR2 and corresponding PNG files, edit those CR2 files and then extract the originals from the zip file again and there you have 2 different copies.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART

Posted: 10 November 2012 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2003-10-09

panko’s guns are the best because they come with matching poses.  I can’t pose for nuts.
And of course they “work”
Love esther
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=panko

Posted: 10 November 2012 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2344
Joined  2003-12-06

Many thanks for the list, and for the how-to for fixing the .cr2 files of Motokamishii’s excellent gun models to be D|S-friendly. I was stuck for a long time figuring out how to make these work properly in D|S, and more importantly, able to fix the materials so I can add the proper metal sheen and bump maps. Incidentally, has anyone made proper D|S materials presets for these guns? I’m getting somewhere now, but it’s very slow going.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

2 of 4