2 of 2
Chablis skin problem
Posted: 08 November 2012 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
Zev0 - 08 November 2012 04:27 PM

Here is an example of what I am talking about. And this is the the issue you have on some texture sets. With scene lighting you do not texture sets with those dark tones in. A perfectly evened out set will actually give you more realistic results cause the lighting will generate that dark area for you IE mesh shadows.

correct no one disputed that point. I guess it’s just the word “tone” can be used many ways. You were talking lighting and I was talking skin. With your good example her skin tone is not even throughout and that’s what makes it a good texture.

There are a lot of textures that are flat and toonlike even though they are billed as realistic and that drives me nuts. is ok for toons but not good for more realistic approach.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 08 November 2012 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3455
Joined  2009-08-05
Akhbour - 08 November 2012 04:30 PM

Mmmh, it was part of the skinhip map, worked it over in PS. Not perfect but better (never said I was a texture artist), will have to work on it abit more.

And Lars, one reason for me to buy that set was, that it did not look like the perfect Hollywood skin! ^_-

Edit to add:

Thanks Zev for pointing me into the right direction!

No problem:). That edit looks much better than the original texture.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 09 November 2012 12:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3455
Joined  2009-08-05
larsmidnatt - 08 November 2012 05:24 PM
Zev0 - 08 November 2012 04:27 PM

Here is an example of what I am talking about. And this is the the issue you have on some texture sets. With scene lighting you do not texture sets with those dark tones in. A perfectly evened out set will actually give you more realistic results cause the lighting will generate that dark area for you IE mesh shadows.

correct no one disputed that point. I guess it’s just the word “tone” can be used many ways. You were talking lighting and I was talking skin. With your good example her skin tone is not even throughout and that’s what makes it a good texture.

There are a lot of textures that are flat and toonlike even though they are billed as realistic and that drives me nuts. is ok for toons but not good for more realistic approach.

Cool. There are a lot of texture sets that contain un-even tones but also do not contain the baked in shadows. If I see that crap on a texture set, first thing I do is take it into photoshop and get rid of it:)

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

2 of 2