Digital Art Zone

4 of 4
Can purchased content be resold?
Posted: 09 November 2012 10:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2880
Joined  2004-04-14

For clarification of the new european law, talk to a european lawyer.

You may be surprised to find that despite your location in the EU, you may not qualify since your purchase had to cross a boarder inorder to occur.  Just because we can do international shopping online does not mean that our laws go with us.  All EULA you argree to from DAZ3D is governed by Utah State Law and US Federal Law because you bought the software and content directly from DAZ3D who is located in the USA and then downloaded from their US servers.  If you had instead bought from a EU based site or a CD in any EU nation then that law would apply.  But in short, laws of one country DO NOT cross over into another.  The EU nations are an acception since those nations agreed to have shared laws.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 10 November 2012 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  293
Joined  2012-02-21

All EULA you argree to from DAZ3D is governed by Utah State Law and US Federal Law because you bought the software and content directly from DAZ3D who is located in the USA and then downloaded from their US servers.

You are right, that’s true for Utah, but if the guy who agreed but not follow the EULA never goto the U.S. you will hardly get him to the court.
BTW it’s the same from the other side. It happened to me several times in the past (before I stop buying such software) that software that I legaly purchased by the vendor and that must be activated after registration could not be activated any more. In one case the original vendor sold the rights of the SW to another company and neither the old nor the new company was willing to activate my software again (it was the second activation after buyiing a new PC). What can I do? Obviously nothing, although the right is on my side.
Personaly I think that one should follow the EULA he/she agreed to (just to make that clear), but the point of the discussion was a bit different.

Posted: 10 November 2012 06:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14430
Joined  2003-10-09

The original question has been answered - no DAZ 3D does not allow the resale of purchased content.

While the desire to examine the EU ruling and speculate on its applicability is understandable we are not lawyers so any such discussion is unlikely to settle any matters of fact, or change any opinions - given that there have already been some wild speculative leaps it is time to lock this thread.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

4 of 4