Digital Art Zone

Genesis skin shader help
Posted: 08 November 2012 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2003-10-09

Hi,

Wondering if there is a script or a way I can apply a value for glossiness and shininess to a figure after I’ve applied my skin mat. I can of corse apply each node manually but that takes too much time, espcially if i change my mind and would like to try different values.

Working with 8.5 pro.

Thanks,

Nick

Posted: 08 November 2012 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2004-12-01
nickalaman - 08 November 2012 09:41 AM

Hi,

Wondering if there is a script or a way I can apply a value for glossiness and shininess to a figure after I’ve applied my skin mat. I can of corse apply each node manually but that takes too much time, espcially if i change my mind and would like to try different values.

Working with 8.5 pro.

Thanks,

Nick

There is no script as far as I know.  One good way to do it is to select Consolidate Duplicate Shaders, once you do this then there are only 4 shader domains (V4).  This is a little less time consuming, I do this all the time and it adds only about 5 minutes to my process.

Posted: 09 November 2012 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks,

Didn’t know about the consilidate.

Posted: 10 November 2012 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8327
Joined  2009-05-14
akulla3D - 08 November 2012 01:46 PM

[ One good way to do it is to select Consolidate Duplicate Shaders, once you do this then there are only 4 shader domains (V4).  This is a little less time consuming, I do this all the time and it adds only about 5 minutes to my process.

I have tried to find this function in DS4.5.1.6 and for the life of me cannot find it. Can you please let me know where I can find this.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 10 November 2012 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2005-05-21
Szark - 10 November 2012 03:30 PM
akulla3D - 08 November 2012 01:46 PM

[ One good way to do it is to select Consolidate Duplicate Shaders, once you do this then there are only 4 shader domains (V4).  This is a little less time consuming, I do this all the time and it adds only about 5 minutes to my process.

I have tried to find this function in DS4.5.1.6 and for the life of me cannot find it. Can you please let me know where I can find this.

This is the Carrara forum, and “consolidate shaders” is a Carrara function.

Posted: 10 November 2012 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8327
Joined  2009-05-14

Now don’t I look an idiot which is no change…sorry about that. That’s what you get for not being able to sleep for 48 hours and counting.  I use Carrara and didn’t know it exisited so at least it will help me. smile

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook