Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Ballet For Genesis
Posted: 08 November 2012 03:49 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1761
Joined  2010-02-14

I was thinking, since the Winter Holidays are coming up and now is the marketing time for the season, what better time to pitch the idea for an official ballet set for Genesis? I know we already have a few ballet performance costumes out such as Kids 4 Ballet, Degas Ballerina, and even Pretty in Pink for the Gen 4 boys! But as we all know, Genesis doesn’t do well with backward compatibility footwear and it’s a tedious struggle to mesh smooth dance slippers to every complex pose (which are also skewed when applied to Genesis).

So, if there could be a proper set of dance apparel (leotard and tutu (for females), shirts/tops (for males), tights, performance textures, etc) or at the very least a pair of properly compatible slippers and poses, that would be great. I’m sure no dancer myself, but I often do scenes with a friend who is. She really likes Genesis, but hates it when we have to Autofit stuff. wink

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 08 November 2012 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2010-12-22

I would also like to see this. I have some ballet outfits for V4, but I would love to see something new for Genesis.

Posted: 08 November 2012 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4680
Joined  2011-11-25

I’d love a nutcracker set.

Posted: 08 November 2012 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2009-01-09

If you’re going with the winter theme, I’d like a good pair of figure skates for Genesis. Or even an OK pair; just something where the blade doesn’t crumple into a mess the way the skates do with autofit. Happens with both the V4 and A3 skates, although at least the A3 boot survives, more or less.

For that matter, depending on how well Performer for V4 autofits (I only have experience with All That Jazz, which does not autofit well because all the feathers get plucked clean by smoothing, understandably enough), it might be possible to make a texture for it that works for a ballet costume. The skirt’s more or less the right shape.

Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 14 November 2012 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14
vwrangler - 08 November 2012 03:00 PM

If you’re going with the winter theme, I’d like a good pair of figure skates for Genesis. Or even an OK pair; just something where the blade doesn’t crumple into a mess the way the skates do with autofit. Happens with both the V4 and A3 skates, although at least the A3 boot survives, more or less.

For that matter, depending on how well Performer for V4 autofits (I only have experience with All That Jazz, which does not autofit well because all the feathers get plucked clean by smoothing, understandably enough), it might be possible to make a texture for it that works for a ballet costume. The skirt’s more or less the right shape.

I actually have the Aiko on Ice outfit, lovely little set. But yes! Absolutely does autofit kill it. You should have have been with me and my dancer friend when we were looking at it the other week (yeah, I kind of made her a fan of Aiko smile). I kid you not, the second we both saw those grotesque mesh warps on those skates, I heard her poor soul die a bit as her head kindly met the table the laptop was on! LOL

But seriously, her and I are BEGGING for a nice pair of Genesis foot-friendly dance shoes!

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 06 December 2012 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2008-11-04

With the Winter Holidays coming up fast grin I too would love to see Ballet and figure skating for Genesis. smileI am officially a published artist(for our family publishing) red faceand want to make some Nutcracker and Swan lake scenes for the family. cheesePlease get us some Ballet and Figure Skating stuff! LOL

Signature 

[color=blueAriela
[/color]

Posted: 07 December 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5334
Joined  2008-03-06

I’ve got a ladies’ ballet set in progress with leotard, shoes, ribbons, some skirt options and a hair decoration.  I can’t guarantee it will be into the store fast enough, but I will do my best. wink

In addendum to which - it looks like I’ll need to include a foot arch morph.  A ballerina’s foot actually deforms in ways more extreme than base Genesis can. :-D Apparently the human foot is astonishingly flexible.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery and tutorials.

Posted: 07 December 2012 10:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2313
Joined  2005-09-05
SickleYield - 07 December 2012 04:00 PM

I’ve got a ladies’ ballet set in progress with leotard, shoes, ribbons, some skirt options and a hair decoration.  I can’t guarantee it will be into the store fast enough, but I will do my best. wink

In addendum to which - it looks like I’ll need to include a foot arch morph.  A ballerina’s foot actually deforms in ways more extreme than base Genesis can. :-D Apparently the human foot is astonishingly flexible.

Especially when trained from an early age!

Add me to the list of interested people…

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 08 December 2012 03:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1922
Joined  2010-10-10

I have a free ballet outfit on ShareCG if your interested.  Male and female outfit plus ballet shoes.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/65707/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Ballet-Outfit-Part-1

http://www.sharecg.com/v/65708/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Ballet-Outfit-Part-2

Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 08 December 2012 04:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-14

My goddness… ._.

This is simply excellent! Not only does wilmap have an amazing ballet set already out for free at shareCG, but SickleYield is making a foot morph that won’t give me grief! grin

Say Sickle, how many performance textures this ballerina set have? I’m already in love with the ones in wilmap’s, I can only imagine what your’s will have!

Signature 

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 08 December 2012 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
RCDeschene - 08 December 2012 04:46 AM

My goddness… ._.

This is simply excellent! Not only does wilmap have an amazing ballet set already out for free at shareCG, but SickleYield is making a foot morph that won’t give me grief! grin

Say Sickle, how many performance textures this ballerina set have? I’m already in love with the ones in wilmap’s, I can only imagine what your’s will have!

Mine is in a different style from Wilmap’s, so there will be benefit to having them both.wink

I’m doing the textures for it today.  It’s called Sugar Plums, and ballet gear is usually pastel, so probably blue, pink, violet and white.  It has two headpieces (a headband and a pouf) and three tutus, so the prima donna can be distinguished from the rest of the company.  The leg ribbons also can be made shorter with the mat zone for the same effect.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

Posted: 08 December 2012 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
SickleYield - 08 December 2012 11:59 AM

I’m doing the textures for it today.  It’s called Sugar Plums, and ballet gear is usually pastel, so probably blue, pink, violet and white.  It has two headpieces (a headband and a pouf) and three tutus, so the prima donna can be distinguished from the rest of the company.  The leg ribbons also can be made shorter with the mat zone for the same effect.

Any chance of some renders Sickle?

I’m quite excited about this…

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 08 December 2012 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
Pendraia - 08 December 2012 12:46 PM

Not yet but soon.  I’m not showing pics ‘til I get the FBMs on the Leotard at least done on account of breasts. wink

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

Posted: 08 December 2012 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1922
Joined  2010-10-10

Can’t compete with Sickleyields Outfit. I’m not as clever as her.  Mine is just plain and simple I’m afraid.

Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 08 December 2012 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
wilmap - 08 December 2012 12:54 PM

Can’t compete with Sickleyields Outfit. I’m not as clever as her.  Mine is just plain and simple I’m afraid.

People can use them both, and I’m sure many will.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

Posted: 08 December 2012 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
SickleYield - 08 December 2012 12:51 PM
Pendraia - 08 December 2012 12:46 PM

Not yet but soon.  I’m not showing pics ‘til I get the FBMs on the Leotard at least done on account of breasts. wink

Cool…

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

1 of 2