My first Prop - The Forgotten Chapel - WIP [Commercial]
Posted: 03 December 2012 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16
It's looking very good. smile
 Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 04 December 2012 04:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2006-07-24
Thanks Gedd!

Decided to add some ground. It can be turned off in Poser etc.
Image Attachments
ForgChapelWIP21.JPG
 Signature 

drakken 3D - illustration & design

My DAZ PA Store

Posted: 04 December 2012 06:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7645
Joined  2009-05-14
ErichSchreiner - 03 December 2012 12:24 AM
@Szark

Well, i bought it and it found a few errors modo seems to have overlooked. So i think the more softwares look for errors (and find them) the better smile

nice, thanks for reporting back to let us know.
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 04 December 2012 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-07-24
No problem, Szark smile

So i have it all in poser. I wanted to create a few Pre-Load-CR2's to load the many parts of the model more easily, but it won't work. i have read on the smithmicro website somewhere that you have to load the parts and save them as a poser scene (.pz3), then you have to rename it to .cr2 and thats it. It works one time after doing it, but when i create a new scene, it loads only one piece of the parts i assigned to it. So i think i forgot to do something.

Image Attachments
ForgChapelWIP22.JPG
 Signature 

My DAZ PA Store

Posted: 04 December 2012 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
ErichSchreiner - 27 November 2012 09:15 AM
and two from Jack Tomalin, for creating the poser files etc.

If you bought Prepper then you have all you need to make CR2's though for me I think .pp2 will do fine. PZ3 is a scene save format which is ok too

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 04 December 2012 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
ErichSchreiner - 04 December 2012 04:00 AM
Thanks Gedd!

Decided to add some ground. It can be turned off in Poser etc.

Dang...that's looking good...

Add in a sky and a little 'atmosphere' and wow...
 Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 05 December 2012 02:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-07-24
@Szark

Yes, prepper works great. But i want to have - for instance - one cr2 file that loads ten other cr2's into the viewport. That's more comfortable for the user i think (Jack Tomalin has Pre_Load_cr2's nearly in every product).

@mjc1016

thanks!
 Signature 

My DAZ PA Store

Posted: 05 December 2012 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2009-08-07
ErichSchreiner - 05 December 2012 02:30 AM
@Szark

Yes, prepper works great. But i want to have - for instance - one cr2 file that loads ten other cr2's into the viewport. That's more comfortable for the user i think (Jack Tomalin has Pre_Load_cr2's nearly in every product).

I definitely appreciate this feature - one reason I own pretty much all of JT's stuff! grin
 Signature 

Check out The Lesser Evil, a graphic novel made using DAZ models, and published by Zeta Comics!

Posted: 05 December 2012 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2214
Joined  2005-09-05
Beautiful work!
mjc1016 - 19 November 2012 01:44 AM
Something I've played around with, a little...

It may seem counter intuitive, but not only do 4096 maps look better,they seem to be a 'sweet spot' for 3Delight (not sure about Firefly...Poser's render engine), 2048 work well in 3Delight, too. But the kicker is, if they are in tif format they are even nicer...and overall, render faster.

Why?

Because tif is the 'native' format of 3Delight. TDLmake, the texture 'optimizer' for 3Delight converts everything to tif and then creates mipmaps...if it doesn't have to convert anything, that's one step saved...both the time it takes to convert and any possible conversion losses (quality of the image). In my tests, I was saving between 5 and 10 seconds...in a smaller render that usually finished in a minute or so...with a noticeable difference in the final 'look'. And when the memory 'costs' were added up...the loading of the texture, conversion and so on, the 'huge' tif file actually, when all was said and done, ended up 'even' or smaller than the others. .

Hi mjc1016, so does this mean if we save textures as tifs that it will load quicker?

Cheers

Pen
 Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 05 December 2012 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
Not necessarily...but it does shave some to quite a bit of time when it comes to prepping them to render...when I was testing, the tif renders always were the fastest to complete...the first time, after that, since any additional renders of the same scene were using the already converted images, there was no advantage (or not that much of one...only a second or two on re-rendering, but 10 or more seconds on a 1 minute render is significant on the initial render...and that was single image/textures). But another advantage, even though the tifs were larger to begin with there was a smaller memory impact, because there was no need for multiple copies to be in memory.
 Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 05 December 2012 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2214
Joined  2005-09-05
mjc1016 - 05 December 2012 07:21 PM
Not necessarily...but it does shave some to quite a bit of time when it comes to prepping them to render...when I was testing, the tif renders always were the fastest to complete...the first time, after that, since any additional renders of the same scene were using the already converted images, there was no advantage (or not that much of one...only a second or two on re-rendering, but 10 or more seconds on a 1 minute render is significant on the initial render...and that was single image/textures). But another advantage, even though the tifs were larger to begin with there was a smaller memory impact, because there was no need for multiple copies to be in memory.
Hmmm...definitely worth knowing about. Thanks for the response...: )
 Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 06 December 2012 03:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-07-24
@canberra_boy

Feature done smile

@Pendraia

Thanks!

So my next goal is to set it up in Daz Studio 3 / 4.5 and then i will have to do some promo renders which may take me some time to do, because i am not that familiar with rendering in Daz Studio right now.
 Signature 

My DAZ PA Store

Posted: 11 December 2012 03:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-07-24
Actually, i have it in Daz Studio 3, Daz Studio 4.5 and Poser 9. Now i want to make some promo renders and a few problems arose:

I tried to use a self-made skydome, but i did not find anything to turn cast shadows and receive lights for that particular object off, so i wonder if that is possible in Daz Studio at all?

thanks

Erich
 Signature 

My DAZ PA Store

Posted: 11 December 2012 05:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
You can only turn off "Cast Shadows" in the Parameters Pane of the selected item in Daz Studio.
 Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 13 December 2012 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-07-24
Thanks Pete. I found a tutorial about how to create a skydome within Daz Studio. For this project i think i do not need it anyway, so i spare that problem for another project.

Attached is a first promo image. The fonts may change, but it is close. Rendered in Daz Studio 4.5 + a bit of postwork in Photoshop. I had a few tries with the Uberenvironment 2, but that was just overkill for render times, so i stuck with two infinite lights (sky and sun) + a few spotlights to fake bouncelight.

The trees and bushes will - of course - not be included smile

Now i will do the other promo images and the last hurdle is the meta info stuff for Daz Studio 4. Then it is done smile

[ Edited: 14 December 2012 03:11 AM by drakken3d ]
Image Attachments
Promo0201.jpg
 Signature 

My DAZ PA Store

4 of 5