Digital Art Zone

6 of 6
DSON Importer for Poser 1.0.0.27 is now available!
Posted: 04 January 2013 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2005-11-22

Hi -

I have the same problem as inspired-art, regardless whereI try to install the dson importer and the genesis stuff, I end up with

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File “C:\Program Files\DAZ\Studio\content\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis.py”, line 1, in <module>
  import dson.dzdsonimporter
ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

when trying to load gensis to poser. I have poser 9, SR3.1 is installed, I used the 32 bit installer (and, yes, I’m still using Vista). 
I installed the dson importer to the poser9- runtime, and tried installing the genesis stuff first to the (external) runtime I use normally, then to poser9, then to an external runtime on another partition (D). I also did a manual search for the called out file, but it could not be found. So I’m really clueless what else I could try.

I read the answer about there may not be any content installed in the same folder, I just don’t understand - what do I need to do now?

Posted: 04 January 2013 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2007-01-02
Varnayrah - 04 January 2013 06:29 AM

Hi -

I have the same problem as inspired-art, regardless whereI try to install the dson importer and the genesis stuff, I end up with

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File “C:\Program Files\DAZ\Studio\content\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis.py”, line 1, in <module>
  import dson.dzdsonimporter
ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

when trying to load gensis to poser. I have poser 9, SR3.1 is installed, I used the 32 bit installer (and, yes, I’m still using Vista). 
I installed the dson importer to the poser9- runtime, and tried installing the genesis stuff first to the (external) runtime I use normally, then to poser9, then to an external runtime on another partition (D). I also did a manual search for the called out file, but it could not be found. So I’m really clueless what else I could try.

I read the answer about there may not be any content installed in the same folder, I just don’t understand - what do I need to do now?

Hello!

You mention you’ve installed the DSON importer and “genesis stuff” files, but have you installed both the CORE files and the Companion Files (CFs) as well (three installers total including the importer)?  You’ll need all three to make this work.

Signature 

My RDNA Gallery
My DA Gallery

Posted: 04 January 2013 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Joined  2005-11-22

Yes, I installed all 3 installers

Posted: 04 January 2013 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7382
Joined  2007-11-06

With Vista you cannot install the content to Program Files, as Vista protects that folder hierarchy.

Signature 

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products
Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 05 January 2013 12:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Joined  2005-11-22

Yes, I read that,but what does it mean? Which content, the Genesis Essentials? Or do I have to move my entire content to another location? It worked so far.
And where do I have to put the essentials if not to Program files? As I said I already tried installing the both essential installers to another location.

Posted: 05 January 2013 02:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  189
Joined  2003-10-09

Leave everything as it is
Install the DSON importer where you installed Poser (Program Files (x86) for Poser 9, Program Files for Poser Pro 2012)
Install the Essentials (both of them) in a new runtime where you are going to install all your genesis content. Make sure that THIS new runtime is not in Program Files or Program Files (x86). It can be anywhere else

Be sure to use the 32 bit installer and having it point to the Program Files (x86) folder as the Poser location if you use Poser 9
In you original message it looked like the DSON importer was installed to the wrong location (Program Files and NOT Program Files (x86))

Posted: 05 January 2013 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Joined  2005-11-22

Thank you - where do I find the Program Files (x86) folder?

Posted: 05 January 2013 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  189
Joined  2003-10-09

It should be on your C drive, in the root, This is where Poser is installed by default

Let me explain a bit more:
32 bit programs are installed in the Program Files (x86) folder
64 bit programs are installed in the Program Files folder
Poser 9 is a 32bit program

Posted: 09 February 2014 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2003-10-09
WimvdB - 05 January 2013 02:44 AM

Leave everything as it is
Install the DSON importer where you installed Poser (Program Files (x86) for Poser 9, Program Files for Poser Pro 2012)
Install the Essentials (both of them) in a new runtime where you are going to install all your genesis content. Make sure that THIS new runtime is not in Program Files or Program Files (x86). It can be anywhere else

Be sure to use the 32 bit installer and having it point to the Program Files (x86) folder as the Poser location if you use Poser 9
In you original message it looked like the DSON importer was installed to the wrong location (Program Files and NOT Program Files (x86))

Thank you so much. I just upgraded to PoserPro 2014 on my Mac and was having the same problem, Following your instructions solved the problem.

6 of 6