Digital Art Zone

4 of 6
DSON Importer for Poser 1.0.0.27 is now available!
Posted: 20 November 2012 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2306
Joined  2007-12-13

She’s been DSON’ed!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/stephanie-5

Just a shame it was too late for the Daz People sale!

Ah well, she’s done now, one for the list next week methinks!

CHEERS!

Posted: 20 November 2012 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2003-12-26

Keep getting this error in Dson
The Dson importer requires a writable runtime folder that is outside of the Program Files.
Add a writable runtime folder to the Libray and try again.
For someone who isn’t that familiar with writing runtime folders exactly what is it telling me todo.
I have used the the importer to show where the studio is located and did the same with the Poser runtime folder any help would be great.

Can anyone help me with this issue that am having?

Thanks in advance

Ok here’s where I have my files still cannot get it to work I missing something here?

Cache Folder I have the following C:/ ..../Doucument/Daz3d/Studio/My Library
Writeable Runtime Folder C:/..../Doucuments/DSON Genesis/Runtime

Still getting the same error above. Try deleting and reinstalling nothng working I do have the updates for Poser installed the lastest patch even for DSON.

Posted: 20 November 2012 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2306
Joined  2007-12-13

Ok, here goes,

Install DSON into Poser, if you haven’t already.

Delete the folders you have in Documents. Create a folder here called DAZ, install the other files here, the other folders create themselves.

Open Poser and find DSON Support in the scripts menu, open the importer preferences and browse for Daz and put it into the Writable Runtime Folder box

Find the Add Library in the library tab and add DAZ to it

This should now work.

CHEERS!

Posted: 20 November 2012 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2003-12-26

Thanks I’ll give it a try

Posted: 22 November 2012 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2003-10-09

Finally! I thought it odd that S5 characters and poses were DSON’d weeks prior to S5

Rogerbee - 20 November 2012 12:24 PM

She’s been DSON’ed!

CHEERS!

Posted: 22 November 2012 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05
Eric Walters - 22 November 2012 01:02 PM

Finally! I thought it odd that S5 characters and poses were DSON’d weeks prior to S5

Rogerbee - 20 November 2012 12:24 PM

She’s been DSON’ed!

CHEERS!

Now if they’d just get the rest of the things that was released with her done… and the rest of my list of goodies.

I would settle for someone explaining how one saves clothing so I can pull some stuff over on my own…

Posted: 25 November 2012 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2003-10-09

Hrm… I’m having issues with my Poser library going nuts after importing a DSON’d figure.  I’ve installed 1.0.0.27, the 32 bit version, it’s not in Program Files (heh, I’m on XP, anyway… don’t tell me that’s the problem hmmm )... Even opening a scene file with a DSON figure saved in it kills the library.  It makes Poser pretty much unusable if I can’t access my content.  I should email tech support, but I thought I’d ask here first, to see if there’s a solution that will help others with this problem (assuming there are any).

Posted: 26 November 2012 08:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13696
Joined  2003-10-09

Have you tried turning the progress bar off in the DSON preferences? Scripts>DSON Support>Importer Preferences

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 26 November 2012 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2003-10-09

Huzzah!  grin  That did indeed solve the problem!  I wouldn’t have thought the progress bar was causing Poser to hang; it looked like it was working well enough.  I’d looked around and only found one or two people even mention the problem, let alone how to fix it.  I’m glad that was so easily solved.  Thanky!  smile

Posted: 28 November 2012 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2004-04-14

Hi

I am the developer of the OctaneRender for Poser (http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25193).  I am looking to build Genesis compatibility into the plugin.  I have downloaded DSON and had a look through it’s features, and am incredibly impressed with what you have done - particularly with the subd system!  However, a question….

My understanding is that a 3rd party renderer would render the SubD actor (which is at a sudb level) and ignore the normal body parts actors.  However querying the SubD actor in PoserPython I am getting some very odd results.  In particular, the number of texture polygons is double the number of polygons (at subd 2, polygon count is 301952 and texture (uv) polygon count is 603904.  These should be the same (there should be a uv poly for every polygon).  If I export the subD actor as OBJ and re-import, Poser corrects this problem and sets the texture polygon count to 301952). 

Is this a bug in the DSON importer?  Is there a workaround (like ignore every second texture poly)?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Posted: 29 November 2012 04:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-07-05

I can findes it great what it’s all new Genesis is just since you very much
make, and also the Horse 2 with the pony is now real süß.Aber Poser 7 and I just wanted to get the importer even though it is nowhere it is for older versions of Poser. Is a great pity.
Sorry for the crappy translation, I use a translation program
Greeting DeeDee

Posted: 29 November 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  986
Joined  2005-11-27

The older versions of Poser don’t have weightmapping, which is the entire point of Genesis. The older versions of Poser just don’t have what Genesis needs.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 30 November 2012 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2008-01-15
Rogerbee - 20 November 2012 03:06 PM

Create a folder here called DAZ, install the other files here, the other folders create themselves.

Open Poser and find DSON Support in the scripts menu, open the importer preferences and browse for Daz and put it into the Writable Runtime Folder box

Find the Add Library in the library tab and add DAZ to it

This should now work.

And YAY! It worked! Thanks!

Posted: 01 December 2012 12:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  258
Joined  2008-08-09

I can’t believe it!  I installed DSON in Poser 9 and actually got Genesis to show up in the viewport with no problems!  You people are geniuses!  Now I have a few question:

How do I buy DAZ content for Genesis that works with DSON and have the installer put it in the correct place for it to work with Poser?

And - I bought a few things already and they are installed in DAZ Studio - which I’ve never been able to figure out how to use - how do I get them out of DAZ Studio and into the right place in Poser?

When this Genesis figure is loaded in Poser 9, and I morph it into Victoria 4, will the Victoria 4 clothing I already have (and there’s a lot of it) fit on the Genesis Victoria 4 - or do I have to buy all new clothing?

Thanks!

Posted: 13 December 2012 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2005-09-19

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File “C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis.py”, line 1, in <module>
  import dson.dzdsonimporter
ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

Uh, what does this mean?

4 of 6