Digital Art Zone

3 of 6
DSON Importer for Poser 1.0.0.27 is now available!
Posted: 18 November 2012 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2306
Joined  2007-12-13

I did see that, but, the Mec4D one is really good and works inside Poser and doesn’t seem much of a faff like that one does.

CHEERS!

Posted: 19 November 2012 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2003-10-09

Quick DSON question, the product Severed Man lists a DSON installer. Can it be used for Poser (on Genesis)? It doesn’t look like it has Poser material (or texture files). Thanks in advance.

Posted: 19 November 2012 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

Hmm, possibly,

If you have this script installed:

http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython&product=dson_loader

You can use that script to import DUF files into Poser without the need for a Poser Companion File. You might have to manually apply some things though. I can’t 100% guarantee that everything will work.

I have used that script to import an UberEnvironment light into Poser and have used the sphere it comes with as it was intended.

At the end of the day, you can either experiment or ask RawArt to do a Poser Companion file.

CHEERS!

Posted: 19 November 2012 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2003-10-09

Thank you very much Rogerbee

Posted: 19 November 2012 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

Good luck,

Let me know how it goes if you do get him.

CHEERS!

Posted: 19 November 2012 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  986
Joined  2005-11-27

It says it has texture maps. It doesn’t say “Poser” or “DAZ” maps, so I assume they can be used in both. They probably load with the product.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 19 November 2012 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13

One can but try….

CHEERS!

Posted: 20 November 2012 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2003-12-26

Keep getting this error in Dson
The Dson importer requires a writable runtime folder that is outside of the Program Files.
Add a writable runtime folder to the Libray and try again.
For someone who isn’t that familiar with writing runtime folders exactly what is it telling me todo.
I have used the the importer to show where the studio is located and did the same with the Poser runtime folder any help would be great.

Can anyone help me with this issue that am having?

Thanks in advance

Posted: 20 November 2012 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2003-10-09

Is there any way to make your item list go by newest item bought?
Thanks

Posted: 20 November 2012 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05
ravenferret - 20 November 2012 07:53 AM

Keep getting this error in Dson
The Dson importer requires a writable runtime folder that is outside of the Program Files.
Add a writable runtime folder to the Libray and try again.
For someone who isn’t that familiar with writing runtime folders exactly what is it telling me todo.
I have used the the importer to show where the studio is located and did the same with the Poser runtime folder any help would be great.

Can anyone help me with this issue that am having?

Thanks in advance

If your poser runtime is located in program files/smith micro/Poser 9 or program files/smith micro/Poser Pro 2012

AND this is the dicretory to which you are installing the Genesis content, then this is the problem you are having. Program Files requires that when things are wrote to it, that it have administrative access which means a program cannot generally write to it.

It is also why DAZ has instructed people to create a folder outside of this runtime to put the DSON Genesis content. They suggest putting the content in the default location for the DAZ Studio files, which is My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library others put it in an external runtime outside the main runtime, for instance I keep mine in My Installed Content/DSON Genesis.

Inside Poser, I just pointed the library to the DSON Genesis directory and now I have my DSON Genesis content.

Posted: 20 November 2012 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-05

One also does wonder if DAZ is really paying attention here. They have Stephanie 5 textures and character sets for her that are DSON compatable, yet they do not have S5 herself compatable yet. One does wonder how a person is supposed to use those textures when they use the S5 UV Set and we don’t have an S5 to give our Genesis that UV Set.

I also find it most interesting that very few of the PC 1.99 items have come out DSON compatable since it’s release. It doesn’t seem to make any sense to me. No more sense than the fact that even though they are converting older products to zips, they continue to release new items in installers instead of in zip files. Would it not be easier to release new items in zips and thus save themselves from having to put things in the installers and then later have to take them out again?

Let me edit to say that it would seem the have updated S5 herself, but none of her bundles are listed as being updated. Which the last time I saw they had stuff updated that was part of one of my bundles and I updated the bundle I saw none of those had been updated.

Posted: 20 November 2012 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-11-27
Sunfire - 20 November 2012 10:22 AM

One also does wonder if DAZ is really paying attention here. They have Stephanie 5 textures and character sets for her that are DSON compatable, yet they do not have S5 herself compatable yet. One does wonder how a person is supposed to use those textures when they use the S5 UV Set and we don’t have an S5 to give our Genesis that UV Set.

I also find it most interesting that very few of the PC 1.99 items have come out DSON compatable since it’s release. It doesn’t seem to make any sense to me. No more sense than the fact that even though they are converting older products to zips, they continue to release new items in installers instead of in zip files. Would it not be easier to release new items in zips and thus save themselves from having to put things in the installers and then later have to take them out again?

Let me edit to say that it would seem the have updated S5 herself, but none of her bundles are listed as being updated. Which the last time I saw they had stuff updated that was part of one of my bundles and I updated the bundle I saw none of those had been updated.

S5 is a morph. If you install it to the same directory as Genesis, the morph dials for her should be there when you load up Genesis in Poser, shouldn’t they?

Signature 

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

Posted: 20 November 2012 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-05
TheWheelMan - 20 November 2012 10:40 AM
Sunfire - 20 November 2012 10:22 AM

S5 is a morph. If you install it to the same directory as Genesis, the morph dials for her should be there when you load up Genesis in Poser, shouldn’t they?

Yes she is a morph, yes she should. However that does not give you the S5 UV set which, like the V5/M5/Troll/Anubis/Gorilla UV Sets are unique to the morph and when you see, for instance the Joanie Elite Texture for S5, or the earlier DSON ready Riley for S5, they use the S5 UV Set NOT any of the others.

On the upside the have updated S5, and most of my bundle is aware of that except my battle ready bundle does not show my pretorian as being DSON ready even though the website says otherwise.

Posted: 20 November 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-11-27

Ah, now I understand. Thank you for clarifying.

Signature 

Posted: 20 November 2012 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-04-05
TheWheelMan - 20 November 2012 10:54 AM

Ah, now I understand. Thank you for clarifying.

You’re welcome.

3 of 6