2 of 2
Menus all gone!
Posted: 09 November 2012 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2007-09-13
riouxr - 09 November 2012 11:33 AM

Hummm… I did. Started Daz. Didn’t work. Quit Daz and the file I created disappeared! I tried it twice just to make sure.

Richard Haseltine - 09 November 2012 01:57 PM

If you go to the application folder there should be a file named RestoreDefaults - try double-clicking on that. Though I do wonder if there’s a permissions issue.

With the created file disappearing after closing down…I’d say, yeah, there’s probably a good chance of it.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 10 November 2012 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2012-02-06

No such file as RestoreDefaults. Maybe it’s a windows thing because it’s not on the Mac.

Posted: 10 November 2012 10:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
riouxr - 10 November 2012 07:26 AM

No such file as RestoreDefaults. Maybe it’s a windows thing because it’s not on the Mac.

It should be there, as an OS independent method of resetting to ‘factory defaults’.

It’s really sounding like there is a major permissions problem here…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 17 November 2012 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-06-12

I was having trouble with DS4 loading SecondLife avatar files, so I upgraded to 4.5.  Downloaded and installed both 4.5 and the genesis essentials.

Now I have the same problem as the OP - no usable menus, and no keyboard options from them.  I’m also on Mac, but I’m still running OS 10.5.8.
I have the Studio, File, Window and Help menus, but File is empty, with no dropdown. So I can quit, or look up help.  That’s it.

I’ve reinstalled twice, with no difference.

Not only that, but DS4.5 can’t find My Library files (installed where the installer wanted them ), won’t load a figure directly from the My Library files, If I move the library folder out of documents, I can load a figure made of blocks, but it crashes almost instantly after I try to move a joint.

So, now instead of a DAZ Studio with a few minor problems, I have no working program at all.  hmmm

Chrys

Posted: 17 November 2012 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
Chrysti - 17 November 2012 02:15 PM

I was having trouble with DS4 loading SecondLife avatar files, so I upgraded to 4.5.  Downloaded and installed both 4.5 and the genesis essentials.

Now I have the same problem as the OP - no usable menus, and no keyboard options from them.  I’m also on Mac, but I’m still running OS 10.5.8.
I have the Studio, File, Window and Help menus, but File is empty, with no dropdown. So I can quit, or look up help.  That’s it.

I’ve reinstalled twice, with no difference.

Not only that, but DS4.5 can’t find My Library files (installed where the installer wanted them ), won’t load a figure directly from the My Library files, If I move the library folder out of documents, I can load a figure made of blocks, but it crashes almost instantly after I try to move a joint.

So, now instead of a DAZ Studio with a few minor problems, I have no working program at all.  hmmm

Chrys

What does your log file say…if it can’t load certain plugins, then you won’t have anything usable…including content.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 30 December 2012 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2003-10-09

Hello,

Was the menu issue ever resolved?

I’m having the same problem under 10.6.8.

Thanks,

2 of 2