Characters in period costumes
Posted: 04 June 2012 02:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
3DAGE - 04 June 2012 02:37 AM

HI Jaderail smile

the best way to learn is by taking things apart and looking at how they work,..and then experimenting.
it’s great that there are so many filterforge users willing to share their filters in the library, and it’s a great learning resource.

Here’s the simple (first version) of the photo damage filter for FF3.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7907045/photo_damage_1.ffxml

Drop it into your filter library,... it should be : Users\ “you” \ AppData\Roaming\Filter Forge 3\My Filters

smile

Then just open any image,. run filterforge and choose that filter. ..It’ll automagically read in the open image layer and apply the filter to it.
you can adjust the Colour tone component, and change the variation to randomise the damage.
you can also change the pixel size to add a grainy effect.

but best of all,.. you can edit it and see how it’ done, and change things, and play ....

I know how to add filters Andy. And Thanks for the filter. I just thought you might have some links to tut’s on what the differnent options in FF did when you used them. I’m still lost, I guess I could start taking the ones I like apart but I’m looking to learn how to build from scratch.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 04 June 2012 03:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1818
Joined  2004-08-24

Ah…  sorry ... smile

I don’t know of any tutorials,. but if you right click on any component, it’ll bring up help for that component, and that usually has some basic examples of what that component does. but for me, taking things apart and seeing how they work, is fun.

It depends on the type of filter you want to create,. sometimes it’s a matter of thinking about How to create that type of effect,. like this damages wall texture i was building over the weekend.

It’s a combination of a Brick filter and a mix of plaster “noise” filters, blended together.
It still needs some work, and some controls to adjust the brick scale, but it’s getting there.

smile

Image Attachments
bricktest.jpg

Posted: 04 June 2012 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7546
Joined  2006-03-19
3DAGE - 04 June 2012 03:13 AM

Ah…  sorry ... smile

I don’t know of any tutorials,. but if you right click on any component, it’ll bring up help for that component, and that usually has some basic examples of what that component does. but for me, taking things apart and seeing how they work, is fun.

It depends on the type of filter you want to create,. sometimes it’s a matter of thinking about How to create that type of effect,. like this damages wall texture i was building over the weekend.

It’s a combination of a Brick filter and a mix of plaster “noise” filters, blended together.
It still needs some work, and some controls to adjust the brick scale, but it’s getting there.

smile

That’s a great start.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 04 June 2012 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1818
Joined  2004-08-24

Thanks Frank smile

glad you like it.