Have you seen this?
Posted: 07 November 2012 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4226
Joined  2011-11-25
larsmidnatt - 06 November 2012 11:36 PM
SereneNight - 06 November 2012 10:51 PM

For me, the only reason I go to stonemason’s store to buy his fantastic buildings….He is truly gifted at making them

Agreed.

But i’m cheap at the moment so I didn’t even look. I saw all his stuff during the PA sale wink Don’t even think I’ve used my forest in a real render yet LOL

Sadly, me too. I didn’t bite during the PA sale and wish I had. I really love the realism of his work, but if things aren’t on sale, I have a tough time paying full price.

Posted: 07 November 2012 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1327
Joined  2006-01-16

The 30% you are referencing is a coupon code given to Previous Stonemason customers.  You must put Lava Planet into your cart with other Stonemason sets and use the code to get the 30% off those other sets.

DWG - 07 November 2012 08:18 AM

All working in Opera now.

Only issues I see are a couple of squished promos, which Stefan says he’s working on, and only two items at 30% off when I read the email as applying to Stonemason’s entire store.

Posted: 07 November 2012 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7864
Joined  2009-05-14

Kevin does that above statement mean I cannot use to 30% coupon on its own if I don’t buy the Planet Lava?

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 07 November 2012 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2004-07-24

I have seen this new product by Stonemason and I have a question for You guys:
there’s a very nice robot/mecha shown in the last picture of the promo “strip” of images…
is some kind of “preview” or an existing product?

Thanks

PS
Yes, of course the LavaPlanet is now in top ten of my wishlist items!!

Posted: 07 November 2012 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2907
Joined  2004-10-25
MSC_72 - 07 November 2012 10:50 AM

I have seen this new product by Stonemason and I have a question for You guys:
there’s a very nice robot/mecha shown in the last picture of the promo “strip” of images…
is some kind of “preview” or an existing product?

I suspect, as Stefan has done this in the past, that nice robot/mech is something he created for his own use, and not a “preview” of something to come in the near future.

As far as the store page goes, I saw it yesterday and I like it a lot.  I had no problem getting it to display as intended in my Firefox 9 (yeah I know I have to update) on Win 7 Pro.  Selecting 60 per page works as intended, as does 30 per page.  The Buy Now button works, though it took a few seconds to switch to the product page.

My only concern is, as was mentioned earlier, that the Artist Bio text does not have enough contrast.  It should be a very dark grey or black, and his vendor name and the “close” link in the upper right corner should be dark as well.  The white just isn’t showing up all that well.  This is the online tool I use to check color contrasts when I’m working on a new site design —> http://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 07 November 2012 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Yes Miss B it is a model for future release…when, only Stoney can say.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 07 November 2012 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1327
Joined  2006-01-16

If I am not mistaken, that is how it was explained in the special mailing to Stonemason customers.

Szark - 07 November 2012 10:38 AM

Kevin does that above statement mean I cannot use to 30% coupon on its own if I don’t buy the Planet Lava?

Posted: 07 November 2012 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Sorry my bad my head is shed due to computer related woes, you are indeed correct

Save 30% on Stonemason’s entire store when you purchase his latest release, Planet Lava.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Posted: 07 November 2012 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1699
Joined  2008-05-31
Jaderail - 06 November 2012 02:22 PM

Confirmed, looks awesome in IE. I dropped IE because of Avatar issues and security issues. IE will be up dated to plug holes when will the Forums Avatar issue get resolved?

Actually IE8, and expecially IE9, are considered just as safe and in some respects even safer than the other browsers, today.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 07 November 2012 10:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11076
Joined  2007-11-06

...opens up fine in FF on my old 32 bit notebook.

Has a lot of the feel of his personal website.  I like it, but my bank card doesn’t.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 07 November 2012 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2009-09-18
DAZ_Kevin - 06 November 2012 01:25 PM

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/stonemason-1

What do you think?

I think the page is amazing.  Beautiful, loads fast in Safari and the animation pops.  I was able to increase the products view to 60 with no problems.  The “view store” button is a bit of a waste of space, given you are at the store page already and clicking just pops you down the page a bit, but overall…bravo! 

cool smile

4 of 4