Digital Art Zone

Best Way to Alter / Lighten Figure Skin Color?
Posted: 06 November 2012 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-10-29

I just started working with CG and Daz3D and I was wondering what was the best way to alter skin color. Specifically, I’d like to make Genesis and Victoria 5 skin color lighter.

Currently, I’ve just been changing the color values for “Diffuse Color” and increasing (sometimes beyond 100%) the value for “Diffuse Strength.” However, honestly, I don’t have any real understanding of what diffuse color/strength is or how it works so I don’t know if this is the right way to do this.

Does anyone know or could anyone point me to a guide on how to do something like this? I also have photoshop, so if it is possible to just edit the texture file and re-save it I could do that too, but I’ve never done something like that before and I don’t want to accidentally mess up the original files I paid for.

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Posted: 06 November 2012 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

Both ways work. To create a version in PS only work from Copies of the texture files and be sure you save with a different name. Then just swap your files for the Default files in the Surfaces Tab and then save a new Materials file when your done.

Hope this helps, the New Mat File also works with just changing the Diffuse Colors.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt