Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Any one know what cat was used in the new “The Living Room Collection” freebee? 
Posted: 09 November 2012 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4056
Joined  2011-11-25

I tried the shaders…. However, wasn/t able to get them to look like the picture. I couldn’t find a dial to dial the hair down, so kitty looked like cousin It! lol.

Posted: 09 November 2012 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

Min/Max values on the Displacement control the length of the hair.  I believe it loads at a max value of 1.0 or 2,0 (which will be cm) if I recall…drop it down to 0.5 or so.  Also, shading rates of 0.1 (Advanced Render options) or lower are needed for best results (high render times).  SubD also helps ‘refine’ the fur…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 09 November 2012 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2200
Joined  2005-09-05
mjc1016 - 09 November 2012 10:04 AM

Min/Max values on the Displacement control the length of the hair.  I believe it loads at a max value of 1.0 or 2,0 (which will be cm) if I recall…drop it down to 0.5 or so.  Also, shading rates of 0.1 (Advanced Render options) or lower are needed for best results (high render times).  SubD also helps ‘refine’ the fur…

thanks mjc… Iirc at time of release it was more about getting the network out for people to play with. I’m surprised it came out too long but there have been a lot of changes to shader mixer since it was released including it coming out of beta. I’m actually surprised it still works at all iirc some of the bricks used have changed at least their names if nothing else.

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 09 November 2012 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

It and the FuzzyWuzzy/Chenile shaders all come in at 1 or 2 for the max settings, but they all work.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

2 of 2