Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Faeryls Questions About Daz ?????
Posted: 06 November 2012 05:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  688
Joined  2006-05-18

Thanks…will do that now and then run the program and make sure everything loads correctly.

Signature 

I Am Not An Expert Because I Never Stop Being A Student And Continue To Learn.

Posted: 06 November 2012 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-05-18

Ok everything installed and is working properly….except….my runtime folder is missing a few things, like the rest of the folders normally found in a runtime setup ?????  Also…there is no content folder that I am use to seeing ?????  The image below shows you all the folder in My Library and what is in the runtime folder.  I am asking about this due to conflicting information of where to manually put files for things.

I first discovered a problem when trying to install a morph for Genesis and there was one folder that gave no indication of where it’s suppose to go and the readme gave no information of where to put it.

This is the item in question, it has two folders.  I know where the data files go but have no clue where the files in shaping are suppose to go…
http://www.sharecg.com/v/57817/

Image Attachments
Runtime_SetUp.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 06 November 2012 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-05-18

Ok the person who made the ears is helping me with them…I still need to know why I am missing folders in the runtime setup and what to do about the lack of a content folder?

Signature 

Posted: 06 November 2012 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  898
Joined  2008-11-01
scorpio64dragon - 06 November 2012 04:59 AM

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/oxygen

Poses made for other figures do work on genesis but need to be tweaked to look right.
The gen3 poses actually seem to work a bit better than the gen4 poses.

This product allows you to transfer poses to/from various figures:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/posemaster-people-pack

Posted: 06 November 2012 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-05-18

Oh I know about the Pose Pak, it’s in my wish list, I just can’t afford it right now, thank you for the link though.

Signature 

Posted: 06 November 2012 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

If you are using DS 4.x then My Library REPLACES the Content folder…

The rest of the stuff in the Runtime…have you installed any content that needs those folders?

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 06 November 2012 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-05-18

Not yet, though I will be later this evening.  I have an external runtime setup that I downloaded from someone who created it for those who want to use an external.  It has all the necessary folders that I am missing and I could copy the missing files into the runtime and then have a proper set up ?????  I just wasn’t sure if there was a particular reason behind an incomplete runtime in My Library and that maybe I had missed something along the way ?????

Signature 

Posted: 06 November 2012 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4964
Joined  2008-03-06

In DS4 and up, the Runtime folder is mostly used for textures.  Until you install Poser content, that’s all you’re really going to see there.

Instead Genesis content is under My Library—People—Genesis, and in that folder are folders called Hair, Clothing, Characters, etc.  Some people make their character sets install to Presets instead for some reason, so be sure to check there as well when installing products.  Fortunately most people have come alongside the idea of putting materials in the folder with an item instead of under presets—materials (which is more like the old Poser system and which I do not care for).

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 06 November 2012 08:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-05-18

I am a huge fan of Dynamic clothes and hair, of which those are made for Daz and not Poser.  However. there are many Gen 4 characters with textures that I still like, not to mention all those wonderfully made props people have been so generous to give, including yourself Sickle (as well as my paid one’s), which would need the poser runtime.  What I need to know is if that runtime pointed out in the image above is the poser runtime these things need to be installed to ????? and if so, I should copy those folders into so it’s set up properly ?????

Materials throws me for a loop…both Daz and Poser use them, yet they are vastly different from each other, which is a shame because there have been some absolutely gorgeous shader materials made for Poser and no matter how hard you try you just can’t get a Daz render to look the same as a Poser one when it comes to shaders.  I am with you on preferring Daz to Poser in this regard, I have seen the Poser material room, 5 seconds later I left and never went back…lol

Signature 

Posted: 06 November 2012 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

Yep, if you’re wanting to use this runtime for both, your runtime/libraries/etc. content should go there.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 06 November 2012 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-05-18

Thank you Sickle and thank you everyone else for your help.  Now I can get back to making the outfit.  I’m trying really hard to make something someone hasn’t already made…not an easy task…lol

Signature 

Posted: 08 November 2012 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-05-18

I have a new issue with regards to texturing and using transmaps for transparencies.  I have been trying to texture an outfit and part of it has a mesh on it.  Problem is the mesh will not show up black like it’s suppose to.  I have run several tests to try and get it black with no luck.  I can use other colors and they will show up, though not very clearly.  Part of the problem is how you apply textures you make and the button placement in this new Daz has changed from previous versions, so I am not sure I am putting the transmaps under the correct button.  If I try to google the tutorials around the net for doing transparencies they are all for older versions of Daz and the Daz tutorial sections, though still available, have no images I can view to see if I am even doing it correctly.

The image below shows the top I am making the textures for, I finally figured out how to get it to apply transparency, yet as you see, the mesh is not black, it’s more like dirty white.  Are there any new tutorials for doing transparencies in the new Daz available?, preferably with pictures.

Image Attachments
Image1.png
 Signature 

Posted: 08 November 2012 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

It’s an optical illusion because your mesh is very fine (this would happen in IRL if you wore mesh this fine also).  If you enlarge the mesh texture you used to about 1.5 times that size before adding to your textures, the mesh will look blacker.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 08 November 2012 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-05-18

I didn’t think I had it that fine, though will enlarge that part of the texture and see what happens.

Signature 

2 of 2