Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
Male / Female Gentalia
Posted: 04 November 2012 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-03-13

Sorry I know I’m probably reposting this.  I’ve tried searching for this topic and most of them have related to poser and not DAZ studio.  I am also new to the program so I don’t have an idea of all the things that I need to do to get things working so please bare with me.

So I got Daz Studio 4.5, and I just bought the Michael and Victoria 5 bundle, and it seems that Michael is ok but Victoria’s genitalia does not exist.  There are no morphs other than to just her breasts (no changing of nipples?), and there is nothing for her pubic area as well.  Was the pubic area supposed to be a texture only or is there actual 3D?  When looking at genitalia within the program I only see male options for everything. 

I’ve read some other posts and they talk about textures missing certain things not being included by mistake.  It is hard for me to judge cause I don’t know what is missing and what is supposed to be there.  When I installed the downloaded files, it seemed they were writing something somewhere, but it seems that female folder is virtually empty when compared to the male one.  What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Image Attachments
Screen_Shot_2012-11-05_at_12.28_.06_AM_.png

Posted: 04 November 2012 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14324
Joined  2003-10-09

The nipple morphs are part of the Evolution Body Morphs Set - as are the other general shaping morphs. The morphs included with V5 are just alternative over all shapes, not detail adjustments.

As for the genitals, they are a separate figure as with the male set - if they aren’t showing in Smart Content try opening the Content Library pane and looking under DAZ Studio Formats>My Library>People>Genesis>Anatomy. The genital figure doesn’t, however, include any additional shaping or dynamic morphs.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 04 November 2012 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2012-03-13

Ok I was able to get the female genitalia imported into the model using the way you described.  Thanks.  Now the only last thing is that is seems that it is not textured (gray).  I believe that I read something about the texture files were missing and were not included with the DSON download?  Has this been fixed?  Do you know where I can find these and what is the quickest way to apply them.  After that I promise I won’t bug you anymore.

Thanks again for all your help!

Posted: 05 November 2012 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

It should work to simply apply the same texture as you applied to Genesis.

Signature 

Posted: 05 November 2012 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2012-03-13

Ok thanks, I got it working.  It would have been nice to have some variety, as Michael has shaved and unshaved.  Do you know anything about missing textures for Victoria?  Either way I got things working enough for now.  Thanks.  I hope eventually they update so Victoria gets some textures packed in for the genatalia beyond just nothing.

Cheers.

Posted: 05 November 2012 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  722
Joined  2012-07-21

Iirc, the bundles come with the Bree texture for V5, it has a separate gens texture, and also a texture set for M5 with shaven and unshaven textures for the gens (i think it’s called Philip).
I’m not on my pc now, so i can’t check for sure.

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
me at DeviantArt

Posted: 05 November 2012 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2012-03-13

Ok thanks I’ll look around!  Thanks!

Posted: 08 November 2012 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  574
Joined  2012-11-06

I also am having trouble figuring this out.

If I try to apply gens for either M5 or v5 they are just grey.  I can not figure out how to modify them at all to get the textures to apply and don’t see the options you are referring to for shaven/unshaven etc.  I do see files for M5 Phillip in the folder itself…but nothing for V5 and do not see the options to customize these.

Thanks.

Signature 

Get updates on the progress of Capsized the Movie!

“Just because I don’t know the meaning of my art, does not mean it has no meaning.” - Salvador Dali

My Video Portfolio
My Art Portfolio
My Music

Posted: 08 November 2012 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Select the genitals. For the V5 set apply the same skin material setting as you have on the base figure, for the male set apply the genital texture set (if there is one). You will need to right-click and choose the item from the menu, or use the Scene pane, to select the female genitals as they have only the bones of Genesis and selection will grab those instead.

Signature 

Posted: 09 November 2012 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  574
Joined  2012-11-06

In the case of the V5 model I was able to apply the base skin color by doing the following:

1. add the female gens from the Content Library (it doesn’t show up in the Smart Content for some reason)
2. right click and then select female gens region/asset
3. the smart panel instantly switched and gave me new material subset
4. I was able to apply V5 Bree All preset.

But there doesn’t seem to be any other options beyond this such as presets for hair type, etc

In the case of the M5 model these steps do not work at all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Signature 

Get updates on the progress of Capsized the Movie!

“Just because I don’t know the meaning of my art, does not mean it has no meaning.” - Salvador Dali

My Video Portfolio
My Art Portfolio
My Music

Posted: 09 November 2012 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

You need to apply the preset for the Genesis body texture. The skin around the female genitals uses the same material zone and mapping as the original mesh, so the skin will apply seamlessly. Since the genitals are not the same figure as Genesis the files may well not appear in Smart Content so you will need to use the Content Library, or copy and paste from the Genesis 2_SkinHip zone using the Surfaces pane.

The male genitals obviously can’t just apply the main body texture, for those you do need specific files which not all male sets will include. Being purely for the genitals the needed presets certainly should appear in Smart Content.

Signature 

Posted: 11 November 2012 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2011-11-29

There appears to be a bug in the 1.5 version—it doesn’t install an icon in Smart Content.  That’s part of what the problem is.  The 1.4 version installs correctly.

Posted: 11 November 2012 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1374
Joined  0

I have tried to apply these files also and it isn’t working…the female genitalia shows in smart content and content library but it just stays grey, no texture, what do \i do to get it textured?

Signature 

“If you get a chance….Take it!  If it changes your life….Let it!.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”

Posted: 11 November 2012 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1374
Joined  0

once I closedd andreopened DS the texture showed up in smart content and applied.  Probably not a necessary item as my models will be wearing clothing but good to know how it works.

Signature 

“If you get a chance….Take it!  If it changes your life….Let it!.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”

Posted: 14 November 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04

I do know the Female Gens used to show up in Smart Content Library, but now they do not.

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 14 November 2012 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  329
Joined  2008-04-09

Having the same problem myself.  doesn’t show up in the Anatomy category, even if Genesis is present in the scene.

1 of 3