3 of 4
Released ! —mcjCollider plugin for DS4.5 PCWin
Posted: 13 November 2012 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1821
Joined  2006-01-19
Razor 42 - 13 November 2012 12:18 AM

Maybe a little off topic but have you heard about the Leap for Mac. It appears the SDK is also available on there site https://leapmotion.com/
It only captures hand movements but its looking interesting.

i didn’t know about this, it looks very precise, i guess a few years down the road it will be able to ‘see’ arms and legs

maybe it;s a kinect in disguise

http://www.neowin.net/news/leap-motion-aims-to-outperform-kinect-on-pc-and-mac

Posted: 13 November 2012 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  388
Joined  2010-02-10

Lol it is very similar to a kinnect. Like the article you linked said I think there aiming for the still sitting if front of the PC Market. Not standing at a distance as the kinnect.
I was wondering if it could be used in posing of characters in Daz. I think that would be pretty cool.

Anyway apologies for hijacking your thread.

I must say I really appreciate the work you do and have been a fan since I first installed Daz Studio 3.

Signature 

Razor42 - Design Anvil

MY DAZ STORE   

MY RENDO STORE   

MY GALLERY

DESIGN ANVIL ON FACEHOOK

Posted: 14 November 2012 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1576
Joined  2005-02-25
foleypro - 04 November 2012 08:39 AM

Wondering if this might work on my ParticleFX and Genesis or other things…?

speaking of which, did the “new” version ever came out for when people bought the old one for the free upgrade? >_<

Posted: 24 November 2012 10:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19

i possibly will try publishing mcjCollider for DS4.5 tomorrow

it works, but for now it scans the whole body of a figure for collisions, but i want it to be capable of only parsing selected body parts
this would be useful for example when you want to use the collider to make pants for Aiko without going through the 30000 polygons of her head

here i was testing the speed of mcjCollider

3600 collision detections were performed on the 14000-faces dragon in 46 seconds on a 3-core AMD cpu

i’ll probably publish the script that lets you make minecraft-like figures and terrains ( with colors )

Image Attachments
minecraftdragon.jpgcuba.jpg

Posted: 25 November 2012 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  926
Joined  2005-03-26

Can the collider detect ricochet angles, as on a billiard table?  :D

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 25 November 2012 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
Eustace Scrubb - 25 November 2012 10:38 PM

Can the collider detect ricochet angles, as on a billiard table?  :D

yes , the version for DS3 did it too as seen here https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/mcjcollider-plugin

another new feature will be that the collider will return of to 10-layers deep collisions ( to help create minecraft things )

Image Attachments
bounce.gif

Posted: 26 November 2012 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  926
Joined  2005-03-26

I was actually thinking about the impacts-between-balls part of the game, setting collided objects in motion (or would an interface with a regular Physics Engine be required?)

http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/7862/is-there-an-algorithm-for-a-pool-game

Signature 

My dA gallery
For God’s sake!  Gallifrey Stands!

And God still reigns.

Posted: 26 November 2012 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
Eustace Scrubb - 26 November 2012 11:22 AM

I was actually thinking about the impacts-between-balls part of the game, setting collided objects in motion (or would an interface with a regular Physics Engine be required?)
http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/7862/is-there-an-algorithm-for-a-pool-game

there was (is?) a physics engine for Daz Studio 3 that could be used, named Fizz-X

http://www.sharecg.com/v/39578/related/9/Plug-in/Physics-Playground-Plugin-for-DAZ-Studio

so that could be used

for mcjCollider one would have to write a script, basically a simplified physics engine

a more optimal solution would be to write a script that detects collisions by the distance between each ball
During the simulation, if the distance between 2 balls becomes smaller than 2 times the radius of a ball, then a collision is detected
The balls must be pushed apart , the collision angles must be computed etc etc

Posted: 27 November 2012 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2004-10-23

Great job as usual, I see where he is going with the collision request. Take a simple action of striking ones left hand with a right fist fall.
In an exaggerated animation one would dampen the blow and possible show a double tap to signify a bounce and also give the impression of the elasticity of the skin.

These factors come into play when a physics engine is implemented, so it would take quite a bit of work to get a realistic collision with dampening. Now keep in mind we are talking about Casual so nothing is impossible. cool smirk

Thanks for sharing and again looking forward to updated projects.

Posted: 27 November 2012 03:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19

see in blue yellow that’s LindenLabs’s free SecondLife figure meant to be used to create BVHs in poser/daz

the white-cubes-figure was obtained by scanning the SL figure using a script and the upcoming mcjCollider plugin for DS4.5

it took about 23 seconds to perform 10000 collision detections

the new feature added today is that the collider returns up to 100-layer-deep collision detections

so i could place a cube where the “ray” enters the body and a cube where it exits

the final version of this script will probably create cubes from the entry point to the exit point

so you’ll get a filled figure

and before you ask for it, the ability to explode the cube-filled figures will not be available soon (maybe in 2013 )

—-

i still have to program the part of mcjCollider that narrows the scope of the collision detection .... for now it scans the whole figure

Image Attachments
coo.jpgblocwoman.jpgmoco.gif

Posted: 27 November 2012 09:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2004-10-23

Dude im telling you, You have done wonders with this program. Glad to be viewing your minds eye. (throw back from early graphics days Minds Eye was a coveted 3D Promo video that all wanted to be a part of)

Posted: 29 November 2012 11:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19

~ NEWS ~ RELEASE ~NEWS ~ RELEASE ~NEWS ~ RELEASE ~NEWS ~ RELEASE ~NEWS ~ RELEASE ~

first release of mcjCollider for DS 4.5

32 bit and 64 bit versions

i did not test the 32 bit version, so if you do, please tell me how it went

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjcolliderds45

~ NEWS ~ RELEASE ~NEWS ~ RELEASE ~NEWS ~ RELEASE ~NEWS ~ RELEASE ~NEWS ~ RELEASE ~

Posted: 01 December 2012 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19

as mentioned in the manual, mcjCollider is mostly a service to be used by other scripts and plugins

here i wrote a script, which will be published eventually, to create a tube skirt based on Aiko’s body

i did have to “manually” fix it in Blender, but it did save much time and effort for a tight fit

mcjCollider took care of the 1088 collision detections required to “shrink-wrap” the tube onto Aiko’s body

the second image shows in red the limits set before generating the shrinked tube

Image Attachments
wrappinit.jpgammo.jpg

Posted: 02 December 2012 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19

this picture shows a tight dress generated by a script using mcjCollider’s services

no manual re-modeling added

I added something called Convex Hulls.

The Graham Scan algotithm.

It could be used as a dynamic dress in Poser

Image Attachments
tightdress.gifimage0060.jpg

Posted: 03 December 2012 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17

The 32bit version doesn’t seem to be working for me.  I am assuming it would behave the same as the 3.1 version.

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

3 of 4