Digital Art Zone

6 of 20
Official MANGA STYLE & VISUAL STYLE topic - Update May 19th 2013: GSO shader additional bugfix! [Commercial]
Posted: 09 November 2012 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2011-06-15

I followed your step by step tutorial and this is great! watch the manga style render that i got several minutes ago, thanks for this tutorial, by the way how can i get a bright gray color like the promotional picture at the begining of this topic? thanks for your help these shaders are AWESOME.

Really is important these kind of tutorials to know the power of this shaders,  will you make a step by step Visual style too?.

Image Attachments
hf.jpg

Posted: 10 November 2012 06:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  464
Joined  2007-10-01
BishounenTaurus - 09 November 2012 04:09 PM

I encourage everyone here to please tell me if they find the step-by-step guide useful or not.

Yes, the step-by-step guide helped me with the eyes. I am working on a graphic novel outside the anime style of characters and finding the eyes were my biggest problem. When I switched the eyes on the regular human characters to anime style eyes as explained in the guide I got eyes that look much, much better when characters are farther away from the camera and on side angle shots.

Signature 

3D Celebrity Lookalikes

Posted: 10 November 2012 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  678
Joined  2004-11-12
georgewrestling - 09 November 2012 09:02 PM

by the way how can i get a bright gray color like the promotional picture at the begining of this topic?

I’m not exactly sure what you mean.

Posted: 10 November 2012 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2009-11-05

Hi!  Thanks for what looks to be a fantastic product.

I’ve purchased the product (Manga Style Shaders - PC) and installed (running Daz4.0 pro (4.0.3.47) and the installation seems to go well. I’ve been attempting to follow you tutorial, but the following things are getting in the way:

1. When using the content library browser with location DAZ Studio Formats/My Library/Shaders/Manga Style Shaders/Style Presets/Manga no shaders are visible in the library

However, if I use the location Products/M/Manga Style Shaders then I get to see 188 shader in the library

2. After selecting the approach skin sections of a newly created Genesis figure (as per your PDF instructions) I then double click on the Manga Skin Tone shader and the get message: No importer for the file format can be found.  No matter what shader I select, or what Genesis part is selected, the message comes up.

So, any clues as to what I am doing wrong?

Best regards,
Joe

Posted: 10 November 2012 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-12

Hey Joe. The .duf format wasn’t introduced until Daz 4.5, so you’re going to have to update your version of Daz before you can use these. smile

Posted: 10 November 2012 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1848
Joined  2005-04-15
BishounenTaurus - 09 November 2012 12:20 PM

Good news everyone, the bug-fix update is live!

Thank you.  Everyone hates broken bugs. smile

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 11 November 2012 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-12
Cybersox13 - 10 November 2012 09:53 PM
BishounenTaurus - 09 November 2012 12:20 PM

Good news everyone, the bug-fix update is live!

Thank you.  Everyone hates broken bugs. smile

That we do. ;P

Posted: 12 November 2012 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-10-01

I think I may have found a problem with the shaders.

It seems that if I hide a part, like the foot of Genesis, when I apply one of the manga shaders to any part of Genesis then that foot (or any other hidden parts) shows up when I render.

If I select the hidden part and go to parameters and set Display>Visible in Render to Off, it still shows when I render.

To make sure, I tried the same with the DAZ Toon shaders and the hidden part remains hidden, so I don’t think it is a DAZ Studio issue, I think it is the Manga Shaders.

I have the 1.1 file of the Manga Shaders, I believe this is the latest? And my DAZ Studio is the latest.

Signature 

3D Celebrity Lookalikes

Posted: 12 November 2012 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2012-03-21

Really been enjoying this program over the weekend especially the tutorials, shame work got in the way of my experimentation. Here is one of my efforts:

Image Attachments
moonsault.jpg

Posted: 12 November 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  129
Joined  2008-05-26

I bought both the visual style shaders and manga style shaders and I am so happy with them.  Mind you, I have no idea what I am doing and I hate to read so everything I do is basically and experiment.  More often than not I do manage to figure out how it works.  Thank you so much for these wonderful shaders.

Image Attachments
Good_2_Eat.jpg
 Signature 

Never let ‘em see you sweat ;-)

Posted: 12 November 2012 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-12
nDelphi - 12 November 2012 05:58 AM

I think I may have found a problem with the shaders.

It seems that if I hide a part, like the foot of Genesis, when I apply one of the manga shaders to any part of Genesis then that foot (or any other hidden parts) shows up when I render.

If I select the hidden part and go to parameters and set Display>Visible in Render to Off, it still shows when I render.

To make sure, I tried the same with the DAZ Toon shaders and the hidden part remains hidden, so I don’t think it is a DAZ Studio issue, I think it is the Manga Shaders.

I have the 1.1 file of the Manga Shaders, I believe this is the latest? And my DAZ Studio is the latest.

This is not an issue specific to Manga Style, but is a general issue with shaders produced using Shader Mixer. If you were to do the same with any of the Shader Mixer examples included with Daz Studio (“Shader Presets/Shader Mixer”), you will encounter the same problem.

This is a problem I cannot fix, as it is a Daz Studio issue.

Posted: 12 November 2012 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-10-01
BishounenTaurus - 12 November 2012 12:42 PM

This is not an issue specific to Manga Style, but is a general issue with shaders produced using Shader Mixer. If you were to do the same with any of the Shader Mixer examples included with Daz Studio (“Shader Presets/Shader Mixer”), you will encounter the same problem.

Aw, a Shader Mixer issue, OK. Looks like I compared with a non-Shader Mixer shaders; the DAZ Toon shaders.

Signature 

3D Celebrity Lookalikes

Posted: 12 November 2012 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-12

@Ezaki: Lovely render. Mini-crit, you seem to have forgotton to apply the shader in a couple of areas, unless that was intentional? Either way, lovely and dynamic! I was actually wondering recently how well Manga Style would react to depth-of-field, and judging from your render it seems to work quite well. smile

@LuluBelle1271: I’ve actually come across a couple of your cupcake renders before while googling my own shaders (I google them every so often to see if I can find examples of people using them on other websites). Really lovely and vibrant. smile

Posted: 12 November 2012 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-12
nDelphi - 12 November 2012 12:58 PM
BishounenTaurus - 12 November 2012 12:42 PM

Aw, a Shader Mixer issue, OK. Looks like I compared with a non-Shader Mixer shaders; the DAZ Toon shaders.

Yeah. The thing is, even with normal shaders, Daz Studio seems to be a bit hit-and-miss when it comes to hiding bodyparts for Genesis content. One of my beta testers had a similar problem concerning the NanoSuit, but the problem happened even when using the default shaders so we ruled it out as a general Daz Studio bug. At least now we know it’s just yet another issue concerning the Shader Mixer in general.

If you’re having issues with pokethrough (I assume you’re hiding the feet when you’re using shoes or something), it might just be better to not apply any shaders to them, and simply turn down the opacity. Hiding bodyparts using the scene tab tends to leave you with horrible jagged edges anyway. You could also try Poke Away, one of the first ever products released for Genesis: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/poke-away It uses deformers to shrink/thin out problem bodyparts. Works best when wearing opaque clothing, and not anything semi-transparent…

Posted: 12 November 2012 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-10-01
BishounenTaurus - 12 November 2012 01:33 PM

If you’re having issues with pokethrough (I assume you’re hiding the feet when you’re using shoes or something), it might just be better to not apply any shaders to them, and simply turn down the opacity.

Even if you don’t apply shaders to the feet, which I don’t since I am hiding them, applying shaders to say the arm will get the feet to show.

*This is an auto-fitted boot and the feet seem to stick out and there is no way to move them or Poke-Away them away. Your suggestion to use opacity is the way to go, I will have to try that, I have even used that before several times, my brain is slow today. LOL

*What I am working on.

Signature 

3D Celebrity Lookalikes

6 of 20