Digital Art Zone

Camera in Bryce? 
Posted: 03 November 2012 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1151
Joined  2006-04-16

In Daz Studio, I can move the camera side to side, rotate it 180 degrees, zoom in and out, etc.

I find that I can only rotate the scene in Bryce but nothing else. How do I zoom in on something and zoom out or move from side to side or something?

The version of Bryce I’m using is Bryce 7

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 03 November 2012 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1485
Joined  2007-12-10

The pic below shows the camera controls.
No matter which view you are using (Director or Camera), you can move your angle of view using these controls.
The little green dots (above the large direction ball) control Camera tilt and field of view.

Hope this helps.

Image Attachments
Picture-7.jpg
 Signature 

I’ve got nothing of my own to promote, no models, no tutorials, no website, nothin’, nada, nill, nowt.

Posted: 03 November 2012 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2412
Joined  2004-07-06

There are a few cameras in Bryce.  They are bound to various keys or can be selected from the little menu shows (image 1).

If you are using the directors camera, that might make it seem like you are rotating around the scene.

The perspective camera - (short cut key “1”) - may suit you better and has the advantage that it shows up in the wireframe view (image 2).

Also the dotted grey lines extending from the wireframe camera offer a guide as to the setting of the field of view.

Image Attachments
Image1.jpgImage2.jpg
 Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 03 November 2012 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3137
Joined  2004-10-01

You can control the camera also by entering the parameters you wish.

Image Attachments
camera.gif
 Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **

Posted: 04 November 2012 12:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1207
Joined  2011-09-25

You can also move the camera by left clicking on it in the Top View and dragging it to any location.  The short line extending from the camera allows you to rotate the camera when you hold your mouse on the tip and it changes to an ‘X’.  It can also be used to align the camera if you place the cursor at the tip, wait for it to change into an ‘X’ then hold down the left mouse button and drag the tip outward.

Signature 

If you constantly look backward, it’s guaranteed you’ll run into something on your forward journey.
My Gallery Page: GussNemo’s Efforts

Posted: 04 November 2012 12:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  926
Joined  2003-10-09
David Brinnen - 03 November 2012 11:33 AM

There are a few cameras in Bryce.  They are bound to various keys or can be selected from the little menu shows (image 1).

If you are using the directors camera, that might make it seem like you are rotating around the scene.

The perspective camera - (short cut key “1”) - may suit you better and has the advantage that it shows up in the wireframe view (image 2).

Also the dotted grey lines extending from the wireframe camera offer a guide as to the setting of the field of view.

Also, since as David pointed out that the perspective camera is selectable, when using it you can also move the camera’s position using the edit option controls of rotate and reposition indicated in the first picture. As for zooming in and out this can be done with any camera by using the zoom controls indicated in the second picture.

Image Attachments
camera_control.pngcamera_control2.png