Digital Art Zone

3 of 12
Ivy’s Animations
Posted: 10 January 2013 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  751
Joined  2003-10-09
Ivy - 10 January 2013 05:00 PM

...  because right now I’m having a issues with google over the Daz EULA, on what i used for my animated 3d content and software. . Youtube thought it was created with a video game animation platform stock..  .lol.properly because i used Adobe premiere pro to upload directly to youtube.

so I sent them the Daz’s Eula about using Daz content in rendered animation.  which I had got from Chohol ,  so hopefully that should clear the mess up soon so i can start the other animations.

That surprises me.  There are a LOT of videos on YouTube using captured game footage.  And I had a series of discussions with the 48 Hour Film folks about using game footage in my animated entry.  I even exchanged emails with Rockstar’s tech support (“Grand Theft Auto 4”, etc.) who felt that “fan films” were OK, as long as no one was making money.  But the tech support folks asked me to check with the Rockstar legal folks, and they never answered (as expected).

The funny part is that the 48 Hour Film people also run a “Machinima” contest, which consists entirely of game footage.  Also, Rockstar’s “Grand Theft Auto 4” includes a capture feature, and even a pretty strong video editor to create videos from game footage.

I did not intend to make any money, and in fact was spending several hundred $ to enter.  But the 48 Hour folks were nervous since they sell DVD compilations.  Not very many, mostly just to the teams that enter.  But I still decided to drop the idea, since it wasn’t a big deal for me.

I recently got the Elgato game capture device for Xbox 360 and PS3, a really nice design.  I am in the process of making a test animation with footage from Rockstar’s “L.A. Noire” and “Red Dead Redemption”. 

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
cool smile

Posted: 10 January 2013 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1332
Joined  2010-03-25
Steve K - 10 January 2013 06:59 PM
Ivy - 10 January 2013 05:00 PM

...  because right now I’m having a issues with google over the Daz EULA, on what i used for my animated 3d content and software. . Youtube thought it was created with a video game animation platform stock..  .lol.properly because i used Adobe premiere pro to upload directly to youtube.

so I sent them the Daz’s Eula about using Daz content in rendered animation.  which I had got from Chohol ,  so hopefully that should clear the mess up soon so i can start the other animations.

That surprises me.  There are a LOT of videos on YouTube using captured game footage.  And I had a series of discussions with the 48 Hour Film folks about using game footage in my animated entry.  I even exchanged emails with Rockstar’s tech support (“Grand Theft Auto 4”, etc.) who felt that “fan films” were OK, as long as no one was making money.  But the tech support folks asked me to check with the Rockstar legal folks, and they never answered (as expected).

The funny part is that the 48 Hour Film people also run a “Machinima” contest, which consists entirely of game footage.  Also, Rockstar’s “Grand Theft Auto 4” includes a capture feature, and even a pretty strong video editor to create videos from game footage.

I did not intend to make any money, and in fact was spending several hundred $ to enter.  But the 48 Hour folks were nervous since they sell DVD compilations.  Not very many, mostly just to the teams that enter.  But I still decided to drop the idea, since it wasn’t a big deal for me.

I recently got the Elgato game capture device for Xbox 360 and PS3, a really nice design.  I am in the process of making a test animation with footage from Rockstar’s “L.A. Noire” and “Red Dead Redemption”. 

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
cool smile

lol i use that quote all the time. from Eragon .lol
this is is a copy of what Yotube sent me about my video content
First time i got something like this from yotube. I just assumed i made the animation to good…lol

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
(x) YouTube

Dear Ivy Summers,

Thanks for submitting your recent video “New Dawn ~ of the dark ages” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH3IGoEzD3s) We need more information to consider your video for further review provided you verify that you are authorized to use all of the visual elements in your video such as:

Images, video games, or software visuals licensed for commercial / non-commercial use require a copy of a license agreement, or a link to the terms
  Original visuals from third parties require written permission from the rights owner(s) stating that you are permitted to use their content containing the video’s URL
  For visuals in the public domain, please link us to a primary (original or scholarly) source proving this information

Please submit your additional information( Here-hyperlink) Note that we may disapprove your video for public viewing if we do not hear from you within 14 days.

YouTube reserves the right to make the final decision to whether allow a video, and may disable user privileges for users who repeatedly submit ineligible videos.

Thanks,

The YouTube Team
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Signature 

My Daz & Poser animations
YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1

Posted: 11 January 2013 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15322
Joined  2003-10-09

Edited your post to shorten the spacer lines, so they no longer screwed up the forum formatting.  THanks.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 11 January 2013 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1590
Joined  2008-02-14

It is unfortunate you were having these problems with the youtube/google folks,  hopefully its all straightened out now,  so you can upload the next episode in the series.  I’m surprised because there’s quite a bit of copyright fringing content on youtube,  everything from music to art to videogame and movies,  and they don’t seem to take those ones down. 

Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST
First Bastion’s Environments here at Daz

Posted: 11 January 2013 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-25
FirstBastion - 11 January 2013 09:10 AM

It is unfortunate you were having these problems with the youtube/google folks,  hopefully its all straightened out now,  so you can upload the next episode in the series.  I’m surprised because there’s quite a bit of copyright fringing content on youtube,  everything from music to art to videogame and movies,  and they don’t seem to take those ones down. 

thanks for the comment .. the mess has all been cleared up thanks to Daz EULA they had one line.
I think YouTube is starting to crack down on their partners on content. the sounds file i created myself and the music file i had a license for.
I don;t think Youtube actually watch the films or read the video descriptions.
because I have got notices before on my content for the music i use but never the visual part of my videos so maybe its something new.
I pretty much a stickler when it comes to giving credit and making sure everything i post is legal.
in fact every video animation i create I post my copyright information on my web site for the animation just in case anyone try to make a claim on it. heres the one for this animation http://www.ivysdomain.com/Animation-film-data/New-dawn-copyright-information.html

But anyway its all cleared up and the film is now public.. https://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1?feature=mhee

Signature 

YouTube

Posted: 11 January 2013 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-25
chohole - 11 January 2013 05:13 AM

Edited your post to shorten the spacer lines, so they no longer screwed up the forum formatting.  THanks.

I didn’t see any difference on the post so thanks chohole smile

Signature 

YouTube

Posted: 11 January 2013 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7283
Joined  2009-07-13

I received that same email after I decided to monetize my videos.
as with you Cho suggested linking the EULA, also listed all my software inc Melody assistant and any non-original compositions the public domain or creative commons links for them as I only use such stuff unless I choose audioswap in which case monetization is not an option.
all ok now, except I have not seen any money!
my earnings still show zero including on one that got 200 000 views in a week after someone stickied it on 4chan forum to riddicle!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 11 January 2013 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2004-04-21
Ivy - 11 January 2013 09:57 AM

thanks for the comment .. the mess has all been cleared up thanks to Daz EULA they had one line.
I think YouTube is starting to crack down on their partners on content. the sounds file i created myself and the music file i had a license for.
because I have got notices before on my content for the music i use but never the visual part of my videos so maybe its something new.
I pretty much a stickler when it comes to giving credit and making sure everything i post is legal.
in fact every video animation i create I post my copyright information on my web site for the animation just in case anyone try to make a claim on it. heres the one for this animation http://www.ivysdomain.com/Animation-film-data/New-dawn-copyright-information.html

But anyway its all cleared up and the film is now public.. https://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1?feature=mhee

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Youtube is definitely cracking down.  I read a thread on cgsociety of how Google wiped out views from people who were bumping up their videos on youtube with hackers’ help. Big studios payed the price in the crack down.

Posted: 11 January 2013 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Ivy - 10 January 2013 11:32 PM

First time i got something like this from yotube. I just assumed i made the animation to good…lol

(x) YouTube

Dear Ivy Summers,

<snip>

The problem is apparently “commercial” videos.  In my case with the 48 Hour Film Project, as I mentioned, I had no intention of making any money.  And they require a LOT of paperwork, including releases for everything involved - team members, locations, and especially music (I use only royalty free music e.g. Digital Juice, and submit the EULA).  But the entry form gives the contest the right to sell compilation DVD’s, and I think there is a money sharing plan for the team.  So that made them nervous about Rockstar’s policy of use of game footage for profit.  I didn’t think that made the product “commercial” (they mostly sell to participants, plus their friends and families), but it wasn’t a big enough deal for me to argue.  I was only going to have the game footage showing on a TV screen with people playing it, so I created my own “game footage”.

In your case, it sounds like a misunderstanding from the outset, i.e. no game capture involved.  We’ll see what happens with my Youtube upload with a lot of game capture - I suspect nothing since I don’t “monetize”, and Rockstar has no problem with non-commercial “fan videos”.

Posted: 11 January 2013 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-25
wendy♥catz - 11 January 2013 11:14 AM

as with you Cho suggested linking the EULA, also listed all my software inc Melody assistant and any non-original compositions the public domain or creative commons links for them as I only use such stuff unless I choose audioswap in which case monetization is not an option.
my earnings still show zero including on one that got 200 000 views in a week after someone stickied it on 4chan forum to riddicle!

I thank your right.  I guess it a good thing I always keep a lst of where i got the items i am using in my videos.
Youtube even questioned a video i had where i am playing my guitar

Signature 

YouTube

Posted: 11 January 2013 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-25
solomon - 11 January 2013 11:57 AM
Ivy - 11 January 2013 09:57 AM

[/quote

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Youtube is definitely cracking down.  I read a thread on cgsociety of how Google wiped out views from people who were bumping up their videos on youtube with hackers’ help. Big studios payed the price in the crack down.

After all this extra stuff we have to do to make a animation I hope it helps clean up the YouTube Troll population..lol

Signature 

YouTube

Posted: 11 January 2013 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-25
Steve K - 11 January 2013 12:28 PM
Ivy - 10 January 2013 11:32 PM

(x) YouTube

Dear Ivy Summers,

<snip>

The problem is apparently “commercial” videos.  In my case with the 48 Hour Film Project, as I mentioned, I had no intention of making any money.  And they require a LOT of paperwork, including releases for everything involved - team members, locations, and especially music (I use only royalty free music e.g. Digital Juice, and submit the EULA).  But the entry form gives the contest the right to sell compilation DVD’s, and I think there is a money sharing plan for the team.  So that made them nervous about Rockstar’s policy of use of game footage for profit.  I didn’t think that made the product “commercial” (they mostly sell to participants, plus their friends and families), but it wasn’t a big enough deal for me to argue.  I was only going to have the game footage showing on a TV screen with people playing it, so I created my own “game footage”.

In your case, it sounds like a misunderstanding from the outset, i.e. no game capture involved.  We’ll see what happens with my Youtube upload with a lot of game capture - I suspect nothing since I don’t “monetize”, and Rockstar has no problem with non-commercial “fan videos”.

I sure a lot of it does have to do with my Youtube Partnership program, and really if you think about it its really a good thing to protect artist .. I just will make sure i always make a credit list for every animation from now on.
The only reason I even registered with the MPAA.org was because of some troll flagging my animations.  so i started getting rating for animations over 5 minutes long .I would post them to my own web site accept i could never generate the traffic t, like I can for them being on youtube.
and after spending $100’s of dollars on software, models and tools nice to get a few pennies back for your efforts . But like Wendy I’m still waiting for my check…lol

Signature 

YouTube

Posted: 11 January 2013 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1590
Joined  2008-02-14
Ivy - 11 January 2013 01:41 PM

I thank your right.  I guess it a good thing I always keep a lst of where i got the items i am using in my videos.

And that’s some pretty good guitar playing.  I liked the BTO cover and the soundtrack demonstration was quite creative.

Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST
First Bastion’s Environments here at Daz

Posted: 11 January 2013 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-25
FirstBastion - 11 January 2013 02:18 PM
Ivy - 11 January 2013 01:41 PM

And that’s some pretty good guitar playing.  I liked the BTO cover and the soundtrack demonstration was quite creative.

now your making me blush..lol   thanks for watching those music video . I use to be able to really rip it up when i was a young kitten..lol

Signature 

YouTube

Posted: 12 January 2013 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Here’s an interesting article on the potential pitfalls of trying to make money on YouTube:

http://www.houstonpress.com/2013-01-10/culture/youtube-stars-networks-money/

“As YouTube becomes increasingly wealthy, its stars and the networks who contract with them battle for money and creative control.”

” ... the devil was in the details: After signing with Machinima, he learned the company would own the rights to whatever content he made for the rest of his life and beyond, ‘in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised.’ Not only that, but his contract with the network was open-ended. There was no point at which it was set to expire.”

I think I’ll just stick with it as a hobby.
cool cheese

3 of 12