Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Using DSON on Hair
Posted: 06 November 2012 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2011-07-27
Richard Haseltine - 06 November 2012 04:40 PM

I meant a library folder, not the library pane, when I wrote external library. I’m not sure what the current official term is - we always used to say Runtimes but that seems not to be used as often. Any way, the path i gave is the path for the actual “definition” files, placed by the core installers, and that is where the geometry, uv maps and morphs live so Poser needs access to it - either in the same library folder as the companion files or in another that is selected in Poser as an external library/Runtime folder.

I’m not sure I understand, but my program is here:

Applications/Poser Pro 2012/Runtime/

the Runtime I have everything saved to including where the companion files are installed here:

Macintosh/Users/Mel/Documents/Daz/

Posted: 07 November 2012 06:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14277
Joined  2003-10-09

You did install the core files there too? Do you have Macintosh/Users/Mel/Documents/Daz/Data/Michelle/Hair/PH Bubblegum there?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 10 November 2012 11:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-07-27
Richard Haseltine - 07 November 2012 06:48 AM

You did install the core files there too? Do you have Macintosh/Users/Mel/Documents/Daz/Data/Michelle/Hair/PH Bubblegum there?

Hmm originally it was in

Macintosh/Users/Mel/Documents/Daz/Runtime/Data/Michelle/Hair/PH Bubblegum

That happens alot.. I dunno why. I don’t have it set that way. But anyway I movied it to the path you gave and totally oh man you fixed it!!

Why is DSON saving them to the wrong data folder?

Thank you so so so so so much.. I had no idea this was the problem!! You are my hero of the next five years. smile

Posted: 11 November 2012 06:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14277
Joined  2003-10-09

Glad that enabled you to solve it. DS, and installers, do keep several diferent last used paths which can lead to things not going where they should have - I’ve been bitten by that more than once.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 11 November 2012 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-07-27
Richard Haseltine - 11 November 2012 06:07 AM

Glad that enabled you to solve it. DS, and installers, do keep several diferent last used paths which can lead to things not going where they should have - I’ve been bitten by that more than once.

Okay well I have to say that’s annoying but at least I know to watch for it.

2 of 2