Digital Art Zone

6 of 6
Question - M4 to M5 texture converting (Re-used for Shader&Surfaceing; Questions)
Posted: 08 November 2012 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7838
Joined  2009-05-14

This is where my knowledge ends I am affriad Spyro…..I have no idea why it is happening, sorry I can’t help more. I am sitting here scratching my head.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 08 November 2012 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4894
Joined  2009-02-26

I should send raw art and the maker of interjection a pm considering they use scale of 1-1.7 I assume they had the same issue and found a way to fix it.

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 08 November 2012 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
RCDeschene - 08 November 2012 07:28 AM

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned or even matters to this situation anymore, but looking at those pics it reminds me of the errors addressed in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFlaDa-TKKw&feature=relmfu

Yes I did watch that and it helped with intensity and brightness of the SSS, The issue was that the arms and legs for unknown reasons was creating a strange effect largely on the legs and slightly on the arms (As you can see in my test renders) with darker lines. This is genesis and the mesh smoothing shouldn’t be causing the issue… As it never does with any other types of mats and shader or any lighting.

Unfortunately the vid didn’t address the problem we face with that specifically. I do understand the colour settings and so on for the darker skin tones. But the fact is both the tut from raw art and the shader from Interjection both use SSS Scale 1 and 1.70. Only the scale of 4 removes the lines, yet they didn’t mention any lines issues :S

I’m gonna have a play with the Interjection shader and see if it has the same issue.

Signature 

Posted: 08 November 2012 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3172
Joined  2007-06-22

I don’t think it always happens, I think it occurs with a combination of things. Lighting and render settings play a part, as you foundwhen the render is la large size the lines disappear. the more complicated the shaders and lighting get the more things have to be tweaked depending on the image, at least thats what I’m finding.

Posted: 08 November 2012 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
scorpio64dragon - 08 November 2012 08:07 AM

I don’t think it always happens, I think it occurs with a combination of things. Lighting and render settings play a part, as you foundwhen the render is la large size the lines disappear. the more complicated the shaders and lighting get the more things have to be tweaked depending on the image, at least thats what I’m finding.

I do agree there smile I just tried out the parameters from M5 Dave Elite… Which uses SSS… I simply replaced the SSS Mats with Interjections, added my own character Diff with Bump and Spec (I havent changed the M5 elite settings such as colour and stength yet) But A quick render revealed under the same Lights and render settings, I HAVE NO lines LOL! Very weired. Perhaps the skin parameters I used with two layers of spec, Both dif and SSS mats mixed with to make up the settings for SSS had played a part in the issue.

Dunno… But here is the test render using M5 Elite parameters with Interjection SSS Mats.

FYI - the SSS Scale IS 1.70

Image Attachments
Low_SSS_Test_020_SSSM5Elite.jpg
 Signature 

6 of 6