Digital Art Zone

1 of 6
Question - M4 to M5 texture converting (Re-used for Shader&Surfaceing; Questions)
Posted: 01 November 2012 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4866
Joined  2009-02-26

I’ve got heaps of really cool M4 textures, but I would like to convert them to M5 for use with M5 SSS/Translucency textures and to mix them in photoshop as I like to mix and match and make my own personal use creations.

Is there some sort of converter app to do this? Manually Warping and scaling to line everything up is a bit of a nightmare. And yes I am aware I can set different material zones to another UV set, but that doesn’t help me.

Thanks for any help smile

Signature 

You will forever be in my memories and my heart, I will miss you always Jaderail, Rest in peace my friend. Some day we shall meet again.
- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 01 November 2012 07:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7603
Joined  2009-05-14

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=convertor&x=0&y=0 I am not sure as I don’t have these but I have read somewhere that these do work,,,,on what figure I have no idea sorry. Hopefully some who have the Texture converter series might be able to help further.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 01 November 2012 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2799
Joined  2006-07-31
Szark - 01 November 2012 07:54 AM

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=convertor&x=0&y=0 I am not sure as I don’t have these but I have read somewhere that these do work,,,,on what figure I have no idea sorry. Hopefully some who have the Texture converter series might be able to help further.

Those converters (Texture Converter in particular) work for Gen3 ->Gen 4, not for Gen4->Genesis

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 01 November 2012 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Thanks Kattey for the clarification

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 01 November 2012 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Szark - 01 November 2012 07:54 AM

Immediately I thought of these, but realized generation 5 was not supported :(

I wonder if generation 5 will be supported in a future release? There are sooooo many great gen 4 textures and so little gen 5 at this time. I’d hate to think all my collected gen 4 textures couldn’t be converted. :(

Signature 

You will forever be in my memories and my heart, I will miss you always Jaderail, Rest in peace my friend. Some day we shall meet again.

Posted: 01 November 2012 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16

Hmm, I thought the whole point of having M4 UV set was so that M4 textures could be used with Genesis the same as V4. I just tested and saw that isn’t the case. What is the purpose of M4 UV for Genesis in that case?

Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 01 November 2012 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

It’s great to change UV’s IF you want to only use M4 or V4 or what ever… The issue is you cant use a M4 uv dif texture for eg on the face and have a M5 face bump map, it don’t work, and that’s half of my issues.

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Gedd all M4 and V4 texture will work on Genesis…but you have to go in to the Parameters Pane and set the Uvmap.

Spyro’s issues is that he wants to use M5 SSS and Translucency maps with M4 texture maps.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 01 November 2012 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Spyro I went and bought DT’s Interjection for the SSS maps and I don’t use Transluceny anymore, I just increase the SSS Strength.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 01 November 2012 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  924
Joined  2003-10-09
Spyro - 01 November 2012 07:47 AM

I’ve got heaps of really cool M4 textures, but I would like to convert them to M5 for use with M5 SSS/Translucency textures and to mix them in photoshop as I like to mix and match and make my own personal use creations.

Is there some sort of converter app to do this? Manually Warping and scaling to line everything up is a bit of a nightmare. And yes I am aware I can set different material zones to another UV set, but that doesn’t help me.

If you compare the SSS maps for M5 to the Elite Spec Maps for M4, they are fairly similar. You could make your own versions by smudging, dodging and burning.

Posted: 01 November 2012 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Szark - 01 November 2012 08:36 AM

Gedd all M4 and V4 texture will work on Genesis…but you have to go in to the Parameters Pane and set the Uvmap.

Spyro’s issues is that he wants to use M5 SSS and Translucency maps with M4 texture maps.

That’s half of it… If it was possible to convert a M4 texture to M5 or vice versa… I would like to be able to mix them together in PS… for instance, I like some of the diff texture ‘details’, and M5’s hair, but want to take them and use it on the M4 textures I love, which I have put alot of work into already.

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
TimG - 01 November 2012 09:12 AM
Spyro - 01 November 2012 07:47 AM

If you compare the SSS maps for M5 to the Elite Spec Maps for M4, they are fairly similar. You could make your own versions by smudging, dodging and burning.

That’s true! I’m rather new to the SSS and the translucency thing. I quite like the idea that light behind the ears will reveal light through the ear like in the real world.

Image Attachments
marble-ear-sss.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Szark - 01 November 2012 08:39 AM

Spyro I went and bought DT’s Interjection for the SSS maps and I don’t use Transluceny anymore, I just increase the SSS Strength.

Is that item on Daz store ?

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3310
Joined  2009-08-05

You can convert M4 to M5 or any uv set loaded on Genesis. Daz has a tool to do this. Its called map transfer.

http://kaos3d.deviantart.com/journal/Daz-Studio-4-Map-Transfer-Mini-Tutorial-303888794

Just very small seam fixing is required. But most times it does a good job.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 01 November 2012 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
Zev0 - 01 November 2012 09:23 AM

You can convert M4 to M5 or any uv set loaded on Genesis. Daz has a tool to do this. Its called map transfer.

http://kaos3d.deviantart.com/journal/Daz-Studio-4-Map-Transfer-Mini-Tutorial-303888794

Just very small seam fixing is required. But most times it does a good job.

That was my next thing to suggest, thx Zev0

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 01 November 2012 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
Spyro - 01 November 2012 09:20 AM
Szark - 01 November 2012 08:39 AM

Is that item on Daz store ?

yep http://www.daz3d.com/shop/interjection-surface-injections-for-daz-studio

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

1 of 6