Digital Art Zone

3 of 20
Welcome to the November 2012 Freebie Challenge!
Posted: 02 November 2012 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15643
Joined  2003-10-09
jeeperz - 02 November 2012 08:04 AM
Kendall Sears - 02 November 2012 03:12 AM
Mavelle - 02 November 2012 03:06 AM

Hi Rob
My donation for this month contest is another part from my furniture our loungesuite and the computer table you can see yourself who get’s it.
Just like before I will provide kendall the links if he is agree to that.

Just for the record:  (are you paying attention Music? you can put this in the info if you like grin )  I will happily host the freebie prizes for as long as the hosts, ETO’s, DAZ, and the Challenge Users are OK with it.

Kendall

you becha I ‘m down with that one

Me too, after all Kendall has been hosting my contributions for a while now anyway smile

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 02 November 2012 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1317
Joined  2010-03-01
chohole - 02 November 2012 08:36 AM
jeeperz - 02 November 2012 08:04 AM

Hi Rob
My donation for this month contest is another part from my furniture our loungesuite and the computer table you can see yourself who get’s it.

Just for the record:  (are you paying attention Music? you can put this in the info if you like grin )  I will happily host the freebie prizes for as long as the hosts, ETO’s, DAZ, and the Challenge Users are OK with it.

Kendall

you becha I ‘m down with that one

Me too, after all Kendall has been hosting my contributions for a while now anyway smile

Fine with me as well.

Posted: 02 November 2012 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1933
Joined  0

Hi Rob

Kendall

ermmm…ok….but I am not hosting this month, Robkelk is. You need to talk to him, not me. He wrote the info.

However, I do have a entry gift I made just for this month’s theme. I want to give a copy of it to all who enter and are accepted. Can you, by chance, put this up to give to them. Then Robkelk can just give all that enter a link to it.

Here it is….a memorial for our fallen. It is designed for a character, of their choice, to be put on top like a statue. A Fireman, Policeman, Soldier…etc. They pick. Or just leave it empty. The side areas have a bench, and can be used to house reefs. I rendered this in DS 3, with 6 spot lights and 6 pointlights.

Right now it is in .obj format, so if my Poser will work without crashing, I will convert it to a .pp2 file.

once again, let me know if you can host it and IT WILL GO TO ALL WHO ENTER.

grin

Image Attachments
MemorialDaz1.jpg
 Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 02 November 2012 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1846
Joined  2006-02-17
music2u4u - 02 November 2012 08:07 PM

Hi Rob

Kendall

ermmm…ok….but I am not hosting this month, Robkelk is. You need to talk to him, not me. He wrote the info.

However, I do have a entry gift I made just for this month’s theme. I want to give a copy of it to all who enter and are accepted. Can you, by chance, put this up to give to them. Then Robkelk can just give all that enter a link to it.

Here it is….a memorial for our fallen. It is designed for a character, of their choice, to be put on top like a statue. A Fireman, Policeman, Soldier…etc. They pick. Or just leave it empty. The side areas have a bench, and can be used to house reefs. I rendered this in DS 3, with 6 spot lights and 6 pointlights.

Right now it is in .obj format, so if my Poser will work without crashing, I will convert it to a .pp2 file.

grin

@red: I know, I just didn’t want you to get too complacent… grin  Gotta keep some people on their toes, ya know.  LOL

@blue:  sure, if you wish it I’ll do it.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 02 November 2012 09:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1933
Joined  0

Kendall, check your pm box.

grin

Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 03 November 2012 03:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  368
Joined  2007-08-19

Quote:  “Here it is….a memorial for our fallen. It is designed for a character, of their choice, to be put on top like a statue. A Fireman, Policeman, Soldier…etc. They pick. Or just leave it empty. The side areas have a bench, and can be used to house reefs. I rendered this in DS 3, with 6 spot lights and 6 pointlights. “

That’s an interesting arrangement, Music, made dramatic by the use of spotlights.  I like it.

Signature 

The perennial problem with democracies is that of choosing leaders.  It’s like picking teachers of sex education in schools - those who would be good at it don’t want to do it, while those who are keen would best be behind iron bars.

Posted: 03 November 2012 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1078
Joined  2003-11-24

and very touching too I thought, well done music

Signature 

old post count 2826   ETO and all around crazy person

Posted: 03 November 2012 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2700
Joined  2010-11-30

Hi Rob

Certainly, and thank you! I’m sure the third-place winner would love to receive something in addition to that gift certificate.

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge, or the RRRR, or any of the other contests. I think Jaderail would have wanted that.

Posted: 03 November 2012 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-30
music2u4u - 02 November 2012 08:07 PM

Hi Rob

Kendall

grin

You’re very kind to offer this, music! Thank you, and I accept on behalf of all this month’s entrants.

Oh, and I think I can squeeze you in as a judge… smile

Signature 

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge, or the RRRR, or any of the other contests. I think Jaderail would have wanted that.

Posted: 03 November 2012 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-30

Hi Rob

Kendall

Anything that makes my job easier is welcome (“on account of I am lazy,” to quote Daffy Duck). Accepted with thanks!

Now I just have to figure out how to get Dollygirl’s gift off of 4shared ... (and I’m an I.T. documenter by trade - you’d think I’d be able to figure out their system raspberry )

Signature 

Posted: 03 November 2012 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-30
Jaderail - 02 November 2012 12:09 AM

Looking Forward to your Render DanaTA. I see you are very into the contest, I hope you find the time to do the work need around your home and get a render or renders entered in the contest. I hope the information provided about the prizes offered just for entering the contest have fired up all followers so that I can see some Renders before long, and that DanaTA is ready to render as well. This is the fourth contest I have helped Sponsor and I’m looking forward to what you all do, the other contest’s were (are) fun. I hope to have as much fun this month in this one.

I thought the contest might have more followers by this time as the prizes are very good. I hope to see more users join in and discuss the contest idea or ask a question about the contest. If you are rendering as you read this, GOOD for you!

The freebie challenges run all month - there’s usually an upswell of posts in the second week, after everyone’s tracked down the freebies they’re going to use in their renders and laid out their scenes.

The second week of this month includes Remembrance Day / Veterans’ Day on November 11, as well; perhaps people are waiting for that thematically-appropriate day to start posting renders. (If so, I’ll remind everyone that one can sort-of make November 5 fit the theme as well, with a lot of forcing and a bit of gunpowder… smile )

Signature 

Posted: 03 November 2012 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Ummm… I can’t help it. I love contest and fidget while I chew fingernails until they get going…. Nibble nibble…

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 05 November 2012 01:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1317
Joined  2010-03-01

Lest We Forget - The Suffragist

It has been 92 years, 2 months and 17 days that we as American women have had the US Constitutional right to vote. In two days we as “citizens” of the United States will be asked to invoke that right once again. I hope that you will not waste such a precious gift as was given by these women. They never got to see the 19th Amendment ratified by all 48 states. That event did not occur until March 22, 1984 when Mississippi ratified the amendment 84 years later. It took these women 50 years just to get the amendment into Congress, in those days that was at least 2 generations working together to reach their goals. Pretty amazing when we start complaining about issues not getting resolved in less than 10 years. I know that we are more inclined to admire the people that have more dangerous jobs but the Suffragist should be as admired as the others. It is her tenacity, diligence, wiliness to face censure and physical danger that should make her one of our heroes. So don’t forget to vote.

Thanks Rob for this challenge. I really enjoyed looking through old pictures and reading about the movement.

Freebies:

Background: Floor Niké:Art Corner by Nike. Bottom of page
Environment: Lighting InaneGlory’s Simple Soft Lighting by InaneGlory.
Prop: Bunting Curtain N180511 by Peter White. Requires conversion to obj
Prop: Bunting Curtain 3 N220811 by Vyacheslav Dovalev. Requires conversion to obj
Prop: Bunting Curtain N180411 by Diana Shtok. Requires conversion to obj
Prop: Flag Free Morphing Flag Prop by mostdigitalcreations. 12th down
Prop: Flower Marigold by mambanegra. flower
Prop: Garland * Garland and Ornaments by Traveler.
Prop: Scroll * Morphing Scroll by Eric VanDycke.
Prop: Shield * Shield ecu 2 by sebastien. “
Prop: US Seal * OP Base IV by A. Gunsolley.
Shader: Metals * Ultimate Shader Pack for DAZ Studio by Georgehaze.
Victoria: Clothing: Boots * Cosplay Costumes 5 for V4 by Terrymcg.
Victoria: Clothing: Dress * Texture Challenge 11 by Sanbie.
Victoria: Clothing: Dress * Gothic for V4 part 1 by Arah.
Victoria: Clothing: Dress * Gothic for V4 part 2 by Arah.
Victoria: Clothing: Glasses Prae’s Pince-Nez for her to peer through by Prae.
Victoria: Clothing: Hat * Plague Doctor - Michael 4 by DryJack. under kessiah at Renderosity
Victoria: Clothing: Sash * Sash for Posette by Nerd3D.
Victoria: Pose * V4 - A girl for all Seasons by just_last_knight.
Victoria: Texture and Morph * alta_V4Riho by alongtimeago.

No Count:
Victoria and Morphs++
Prop: Ballet Victorian Valentine by Ness Period Reproductions. Ness has not fixed his site to accept anyone from DAZ

Paid For:
Victoria: Hair * Jade Hair by DAZ 3D, goldtassel.

* - Registration to site is required.

Rendered in DAZ Studio Pro 4.5 Post work to fix a poke through and to add signature.

Fixed the garland link and changed the title for the boots link.

Image Attachments
TheSuffragist-DAZ.jpg

Posted: 05 November 2012 02:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5502
Joined  2005-04-16
Dollygirl - 05 November 2012 01:20 AM

It has been 92 years, 2 months and 17 days that we as American women have had the US Constitutional right to vote. In two days we as “citizens” of the United States will be asked to invoke that right once again. I hope that you will not waste such a precious gift as was given by these women. They never got to see the 19th Amendment ratified by all 48 states. That event did not occur until March 22, 1984 when Mississippi ratified the amendment 84 years later. It took these women 50 years just to get the amendment into Congress, in those days that was at least 2 generations working together to reach their goals. Pretty amazing when we start complaining about issues not getting resolved in less than 10 years. I know that we are more inclined to admire the people that have more dangerous jobs but the Suffragist should be as admired as the others. It is her tenacity, diligence, wiliness to face censure and physical danger that should make her one of our heroes. So don’t forget to vote.

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=31048_CJwI7fBAcoDZ15Bi5hPk&thumb=1&board_id=1

Very nice job!  It’s amazing to think this nation, boasting freedom and equality, had so many inequality issues for so long!  And to some degree we still have some issues.  Still, wouldn’t want to live anywhere else.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 05 November 2012 04:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  479
Joined  2003-11-30
Dollygirl - 05 November 2012 01:20 AM

Wow…a wonderful concept brilliantly realized of a pivotal point in American history. An absolutely outstanding piece of work. This one is going to be a tough act to follow…

3 of 20