Digital Art Zone

2 of 20
Welcome to the November 2012 Freebie Challenge!
Posted: 01 November 2012 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5090
Joined  2005-04-16

Does that have a fit for the Millennium Horse, too?  Just curious.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 01 November 2012 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2552
Joined  2010-11-30
DanaTA - 01 November 2012 06:29 PM
robkelk - 01 November 2012 06:16 PM
DanaTA - 01 November 2012 06:00 PM
Dollygirl - 01 November 2012 11:22 AM

Here are some renders of the entry freeibe. Hope you like the set.

I really like the black one!  Where is this Nitro Pony Armor?

I linked to it in the first post: http://sharecg.com/v/32237/

Sorry, my eyes just glazed over.  It’s been a long day.  Thank you!

Dana

Not a problem - for me, it’s been a long week. (I haven’t even had a chance to download Dollygirl’s contribution or check out the gallery yet… Maybe on Saturday.)

(And I’m logging off now before I facefault into the keyboard…)

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Come play in the July 2014 Freebie Challenge!

Posted: 01 November 2012 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1877
Joined  0

Nice work Robkelk. I may even enter this one. For now though…I would like to offer my services and experience for the position as one of your judges. Got an opening?

grin

Image Attachments
JudgesGavelPromo1.jpg
 Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 01 November 2012 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1877
Joined  0
DanaTA - 01 November 2012 06:32 PM

Dana

I have both the Poser horse and the Mil horse. Most of the armor and saddles I have gotten will NOT work on the other one. You might could tweek it, but I am sure that it is probably dynamic since it is for Poser. It won’t move with the horse in DS. I am sure it is all .pp2 prop files, not .cr2 conforming files. I could be wrong though.

grin

Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 01 November 2012 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1308
Joined  2010-03-01

Dana

Both color sets are provided for each horse. In the readme file I tell you to load your horse into the zero position. load the armour. Parent the armour to the horse. It is easy with the Poser horse because Mongloid named the parts the same as the horse parts. Right Shoulder Guard to Right shoulder on the horse. With the mil horse you have to guess. I just started making parts disapear, the bone that was underneath the armour became the parent. Once you have parented the parts you can pose your horse. If you look at the promo pictures you can see that both horses are not in the zero postion. I don’t think the armour is dynamic but they are objects so in Poser you could play around and see.
Some of the pieces will not work for some poses.

The DAZ set is only good for 4.5. The presets for both the gold and blue and the black and red are actually partial scenes so the pieces come into the scene with scaling applied. So the hip guard for the mil horse is wider because the mil horse has a bigger bum then the Poser horse or like the leg guards. they are smaller for the mil horse.

For Poser the blue and gold are CR2 files and the black and red are pz2 files. This allows older versions of DAZ to use the files but you will have to resize and reposition the pieces if you chose this option. You will also have to change the surfaces to take advantage of the new bump files for DAZ.

I hope this clears up any questions.

Posted: 01 November 2012 10:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
music2u4u - 01 November 2012 07:43 PM

Dana

I have both the Poser horse and the Mil horse. Most of the armor and saddles I have gotten will NOT work on the other one. You might could tweek it, but I am sure that it is probably dynamic since it is for Poser. It won’t move with the horse in DS. I am sure it is all .pp2 prop files, not .cr2 conforming files. I could be wrong though.

grin

Thanks.  Well, I have Poser Pro 2010, so I guess I have the horse.  I suppose it won’t hurt to grab that armor.

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
DanaTA - 01 November 2012 10:17 PM

Dana

grin

Thanks.  Well, I have Poser Pro 2010, so I guess I have the horse.  I suppose it won’t hurt to grab that armor.

Dana

Oh goodie Dana is going to submit something!

Posted: 01 November 2012 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
Dollygirl - 01 November 2012 09:58 PM

Dana

Both color sets are provided for each horse. In the readme file I tell you to load your horse into the zero position. load the armour. Parent the armour to the horse. It is easy with the Poser horse because Mongloid named the parts the same as the horse parts. Right Shoulder Guard to Right shoulder on the horse. With the mil horse you have to guess. I just started making parts disapear, the bone that was underneath the armour became the parent. Once you have parented the parts you can pose your horse. If you look at the promo pictures you can see that both horses are not in the zero postion. I don’t think the armour is dynamic but they are objects so in Poser you could play around and see.
Some of the pieces will not work for some poses.

The DAZ set is only good for 4.5. The presets for both the gold and blue and the black and red are actually partial scenes so the pieces come into the scene with scaling applied. So the hip guard for the mil horse is wider because the mil horse has a bigger bum then the Poser horse or like the leg guards. they are smaller for the mil horse.

For Poser the blue and gold are CR2 files and the black and red are pz2 files. This allows older versions of DAZ to use the files but you will have to resize and reposition the pieces if you chose this option. You will also have to change the surfaces to take advantage of the new bump files for DAZ.

I hope this clears up any questions.

Well, as clear as can be for me right now.  I didn’t think it made sense for it to be dynamic…after all, armor doesn’t drape, it’s supposed to be rather rigid.

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
Dollygirl - 01 November 2012 10:20 PM
DanaTA - 01 November 2012 10:17 PM

Dana

grin

Dana

Oh goodie Dana is going to submit something!

Don’t count your renders before they hatch!  I’ve been overwhelmed with projects around the house, and they aren’t done yet and the weather is getting colder, so I must finish the outdoor projects as quickly as possible.  Now, if it will only stop raining long enough for me to finish up.  shut eye 

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 02 November 2012 12:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16419
Joined  2009-01-22

Looking Forward to your Render DanaTA. I see you are very into the contest, I hope you find the time to do the work need around your home and get a render or renders entered in the contest. I hope the information provided about the prizes offered just for entering the contest have fired up all followers so that I can see some Renders before long, and that DanaTA is ready to render as well. This is the fourth contest I have helped Sponsor and I’m looking forward to what you all do, the other contest’s were (are) fun. I hope to have as much fun this month in this one.

I thought the contest might have more followers by this time as the prizes are very good. I hope to see more users join in and discuss the contest idea or ask a question about the contest. If you are rendering as you read this, GOOD for you!

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 02 November 2012 12:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01
Jaderail - 02 November 2012 12:09 AM

Looking Forward to your Render DanaTA. I see you are very into the contest, I hope you find the time to do the work need around your home and get a render or renders entered in the contest. I hope the information provided about the prizes offered just for entering the contest have fired up all followers so that I can see some Renders before long, and that DanaTA is ready to render as well. This is the fourth contest I have helped Sponsor and I’m looking forward to what you all do, the other contest’s were (are) fun. I hope to have as much fun this month in this one.

I thought the contest might have more followers by this time as the prizes are very good. I hope to see more users join in and discuss the contest idea or ask a question about the contest. If you are rendering as you read this, GOOD for you!

I want to thank you for the prizes Jaderail, that was very generous of you. I also want to say the Jaderail has a very good way of providing suggestions for improving one’s render and I for one am looking forward to taking the opportunity to learn something from my work. I have one in the works right now.

Posted: 02 November 2012 03:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2007-08-12

Hi Rob
My donation for this month contest is another part from my furniture our loungesuite and the computer table you can see yourself who get’s it.
Just like before I will provide kendall the links if he is agree to that.

Image Attachments
Loungesuite_and_Computertable.jpg
 Signature 

Mavelle
Live is to short to have no fun So Keep Smiling%-P

Posted: 02 November 2012 03:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1822
Joined  2006-02-17
Mavelle - 02 November 2012 03:06 AM

Hi Rob
My donation for this month contest is another part from my furniture our loungesuite and the computer table you can see yourself who get’s it.

Just for the record:  (are you paying attention Music? you can put this in the info if you like grin )  I will happily host the freebie prizes for as long as the hosts, ETO’s, DAZ, and the Challenge Users are OK with it.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 02 November 2012 04:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2007-08-12

Hi Rob

I will sent you the package and I will see or they aprove that you host it.

Signature 

Mavelle
Live is to short to have no fun So Keep Smiling%-P

Posted: 02 November 2012 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1076
Joined  2003-11-24
Kendall Sears - 02 November 2012 03:12 AM

Hi Rob

Just for the record:  (are you paying attention Music? you can put this in the info if you like grin )  I will happily host the freebie prizes for as long as the hosts, ETO’s, DAZ, and the Challenge Users are OK with it.

Kendall

you becha I ‘m down with that one

Signature 

old post count 2826   ETO and all around crazy person

2 of 20