Digital Art Zone

8 of 20
Welcome to the November 2012 Freebie Challenge!
Posted: 14 November 2012 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1340
Joined  2010-03-01
Dorseyland - 14 November 2012 04:08 PM

Terrific, Dolly, I’ll see what I can do. Thanks very much!

Your very welcome.

Posted: 14 November 2012 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2793
Joined  2010-11-30
Lord Ganthor - 14 November 2012 04:37 AM

I’m still kicking some ideas around about doing one more, but nothing solid just yet. I’ve got something in mind, but I don’t know if I can gather the required number of freebies as it’s a really simple idea. Sometimes the simple ideas are the killers!

Tell me about it… smile

What’s the rule about retexturing objects? I’ve got some freebie boxes and cans that I’d like to switch out the labels on for effect. Most of them are fake “gag” labels and I’d like to replace them with something a little more realistic, otherwise it’ll kill the effect.

As far as I’m concerned, the rules for retexturing objects are the same as the rules for retexturing clothing (or anything else): If the new texture is available to everyone else, then it’s a freebie; otherwise it’s a no-count item. Edit: Unless you paid for it, in which case it’s a paid item.

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge!

Posted: 15 November 2012 07:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1989
Joined  0

So here is my take on it…A NAE…In the days of the depression, here in America, the war on poverty raged on everywhere. People were forced out of their homes to live in the streets. Many parished. Many children were abused and forced into working long hours for almost no pay. I pay tribute to all those who survived the great depression or have family members who went through them. It took a hero eveyday to keep life going.

Image Attachments
DepressionDaz6.jpg
 Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 15 November 2012 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1078
Joined  2003-11-24

VERY nice music, DID I miss your birthday already this month??? *stands by with pies*
couldn’t get online yesterday and then was gone most of the day cuz it was my daughter’s 40th birthday yesterday, damn I feel old now.

Signature 

old post count 2826   ETO and all around crazy person

Posted: 15 November 2012 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

another great one from dollygirl too again.
yes the mini can be nerve wracking but oooh so fun at the same time. I even found when I did the one en Feb a few years ago that the one I did you show how it’s done came in just in time, but then I added lighting and stuff too. I made the mistake of rendering at full rrender instead of making the quick render first. took dang near 30 minutes to render.

Signature 

Posted: 15 November 2012 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1340
Joined  2010-03-01

A nice one Music, love that lighting, and thanks Jeeperz.

Posted: 15 November 2012 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Nice stuff people. I’m so following right along as it goes. I was hoping for more to join the fun this month. It’s still a nice month so far and only half over. Maybe not enough have noticed that the Prizes are back.

Have fun one and all. I’ll be proud to Sponsor this contest as long as I see work like I’ve seen so far this month.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 15 November 2012 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24

this time of year tends to be that way Jaderail, and more will come in later in the month as well. You should try a hand at entering too if you get a chance.

Signature 

Posted: 15 November 2012 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
jeeperz - 15 November 2012 02:23 PM

this time of year tends to be that way Jaderail, and more will come in later in the month as well. You should try a hand at entering too if you get a chance.

I’ve been around for a bit jeeperz, I know this time of year slows down and expected it. I was just trying to nudge any who might still be sitting on the fence into action. Thank you for the invite to join but I’m not able to due the theme (Which I like). I’m Depressive and fighting off a bout right now. I’ll just watch and enjoy. I’m looking forward to those who are taking their time and will join when they get ready.

Luck to all. Happily on the sidelines.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 15 November 2012 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-30
Jaderail - 15 November 2012 02:52 PM

. . . Thank you for the invite to join but I’m not able to due the theme (Which I like). I’m Depressive and fighting off a bout right now. I’ll just watch and enjoy.  . . .

Oh, dear - I hope you’re over your current bout soon!

And - assuming I get to host again next year - I’ll offer a happier theme next time…

Signature 

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Posted: 15 November 2012 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16088
Joined  2003-10-09

Rob you could alwasy offer to host an earlier month and do something crazy, like I did with the February free for all, that was great fun really, even though it was hard for me running it, and the New Users one and keeping my end up in all the things I was doing for Daz at the time.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 15 November 2012 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-30
music2u4u - 15 November 2012 07:04 AM

So here is my take on it…A NAE…In the days of the depression, here in America, the war on poverty raged on everywhere. People were forced out of their homes to live in the streets. Many parished. Many children were abused and forced into working long hours for almost no pay. I pay tribute to all those who survived the great depression or have family members who went through them. It took a hero eveyday to keep life going.

(nods)

Your scene’s adult is sacrificing his own life to look after the youngsters - maybe not willingly, but he still is. He and millions like him should be remembered.

Signature 

Posted: 15 November 2012 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-11-30
chohole - 15 November 2012 03:27 PM

Rob you could alwasy offer to host an earlier month and do something crazy, like I did with the February free for all, that was great fun really, even though it was hard for me running it, and the New Users one and keeping my end up in all the things I was doing for Daz at the time.

That’s a thought… Sometime after March, though.

Signature 

Posted: 15 November 2012 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  488
Joined  2003-11-30
robkelk - 14 November 2012 06:20 PM

I’m still kicking some ideas around about doing one more, but nothing solid just yet. I’ve got something in mind, but I don’t know if I can gather the required number of freebies as it’s a really simple idea. Sometimes the simple ideas are the killers!

Tell me about it… smile

What’s the rule about retexturing objects? I’ve got some freebie boxes and cans that I’d like to switch out the labels on for effect. Most of them are fake “gag” labels and I’d like to replace them with something a little more realistic, otherwise it’ll kill the effect.

As far as I’m concerned, the rules for retexturing objects are the same as the rules for retexturing clothing (or anything else): If the new texture is available to everyone else, then it’s a freebie; otherwise it’s a no-count item. Edit: Unless you paid for it, in which case it’s a paid item.

Hmmmm….I’ll have to go back and rethink this again. I’m not even sure if I can find the freebie new textures or not! I gotta start keepin’ lists.

PS: Music, that is one outstanding render. You captured the whole era in one bold stroke.

Posted: 15 November 2012 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-11-24
Jaderail - 15 November 2012 02:52 PM
jeeperz - 15 November 2012 02:23 PM

I’ve been around for a bit jeeperz, I know this time of year slows down and expected it. I was just trying to nudge any who might still be sitting on the fence into action. Thank you for the invite to join but I’m not able to due the theme (Which I like). I’m Depressive and fighting off a bout right now. I’ll just watch and enjoy. I’m looking forward to those who are taking their time and will join when they get ready.

Luck to all. Happily on the sidelines.

well in that case I have some pies if you need help encouraging people… This time of year affects me that way too, this forum help keep me out that zone.

Signature 

8 of 20