Digital Art Zone

DAZ Directories
Posted: 31 October 2012 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-03-05

I had used DAZ 3, then had to move away from graphics for awhile.  I recently downloaded 4.5 Pro, and I’m trying to relearn.  I noticed, in the 4.x UG, that content resides in Documents>DAZ 3D>Studio>My Library.  However, on my hard drive, after installing/registering 4.5 Pro, I’m seeing the following configuration: My Documents>DAZ 3D>Studio3>content [Note: There is no “My Library”.  See .jpg attached.].  I’ve just started using the software, and I haven’t experienced problems (other than needing to reinsert the serial number each time I start the app, as described in an earlier post).  Does this configuration indicate an improper installation which will lead to problems? 

I’m trying to avoid a situation where I waste time trying to figure out why I’m having problems when the core issue is an improper installation.

Thanks.

DocPit

Image Attachments
DAZ_Directories.JPG

Posted: 31 October 2012 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  718
Joined  2012-07-21

“My Library” is the new “content”, you don’t have tot relocate your old content, just point Studio to it’s location. Here’s a link to An article that describes this in more detail : http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dazcontentconfiguration

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
me at DeviantArt