Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
Um…pricing?
Posted: 31 May 2012 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1247
Joined  2004-08-24

What am I missing?  I’m confused - $13.27 isn’t a sale price for a Daz original that costs $18.95 - that’s the normal PC discount pricing, not a sale, right?  The fact that every discount says “sale price is really confusing.  I’m sure that’s on the list of things they’re planning to correct.

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 31 May 2012 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1867
Joined  2005-12-31

Doesn’t seem that way. From my notes Beautiful Bends V4 (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/beautiful-bends-v4) should be on sale till June 1st, but just when I put it in my cart - BAM, full price.
Now what to do. Wait and hope they get it fixed before the sale ends (lol) or buy and hope to god I can get a refund for the difference from support, who are probably swamped with tickets atm….

The store wide sale was a huge whoops that happened somehow. When they stopped that whoops all the PA products went off sale. I know that someone has been contacted about the new releases that have dropped off intro and I am sure that they will be fixing it as soon as they can.

Posted: 31 May 2012 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2011-02-17
fixmypcmike - 31 May 2012 08:24 PM

There was a glitch in which many items which were not supposed to be on sale were put on sale.

Glitch?
I was hoping it was DAZ’s way of saying,  “This is our gift to you for your patience.” LOL.

Signature 

Daz Gallery

Posted: 31 May 2012 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2012-01-22

I thought that awesome sale was intended to recover the lost sales due to the store change,  its end of the month
and almost all companys have monthly sales goals

Hope they put back a good sale grin  Indeed , if the pricing was wrong it took to them long time to react ( more than half day )

Posted: 31 May 2012 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  466
Joined  2007-10-30
fixmypcmike - 31 May 2012 08:24 PM
Nosiferret - 31 May 2012 07:51 PM

Was going to pick up the M5 Pro bundle but it’s back to full price. Aiden is showing $1 price tag but once in the cart he’s full price. I’ve got a voucher due to expire in about 2 hours…Is DAZ working feverishly to fix the issue or are these items off sale now since there wasn’t a sale price expiration date on things any more? What’s going on? Anything? Nothing?

There was a glitch in which many items which were not supposed to be on sale were put on sale, so I think they turned them all off while they correct things.

Maybe so. But first I put things in the cart for a Buy One Get One Free coupon. And the coupon doesn’t work so I have to put them back.
Today I fight a slow and poorly operating store to put some stuff that was marked at 30% off into the cart; only to find that once again DAZ doesn’t really mean it. So now I have to move it all back to the wishlist. I’m sorry but I’m tired of playing these games.

Posted: 31 May 2012 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2003-11-04
Super Newb - 31 May 2012 06:36 PM
fixmypcmike - 31 May 2012 06:32 PM

There was a glitch in which many items which were not supposed to be on sale were put on sale, so I think they turned them all off while they correct things.

Why do I always miss the sales that arn’t supposed to be sales?  It just ain’t fair I tell ya’.

Then of course way back in history there was once a $1.99 price for Lightwave.....now entered into traditional DAZ folklore like unflatable ponies and air-conditioner gnomes…. wink

Signature 

♪ ~~~ Art is in the eye of the beholder and in the land of the blind the one-eyed woman is king.~~~ ♬
(old DAZ forum post count +10,243)
~ ~ ~ ~  ( and here’s my gallery at Renderosity…. )

Posted: 31 May 2012 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4789
Joined  2011-10-04
fixmypcmike - 31 May 2012 08:17 PM

The sale price will be back—there was a problem with many products being put on sale which weren’t supposed to be, so they had to take everything off sale while they fixed it.

Darn, so that explains the difference between my evening and morning shopping cart prices. (I was going to squat on some stuff until coupons materialize.) Well, that stuff is on my wishlist anyway, and I’m sure new opportunities arise…

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 31 May 2012 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2003-10-09

i would REALLY like to purchase this item SOON, but with the price fluctuating throughout the day, i decided to wait.  first it was $18+price,. then it dropped to the $13+ price, and then it even went down to $9 or so.  when i put it in my cart at the $9 price, it showed at the $18 price…do hope this gets fixed before the weekend wink

Posted: 31 May 2012 11:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2006-10-16

The Visual Style Shaders “sale” was screwed up too. They were on sale for a couple of days before the store change, then off, then on again for about 2 days and now full price. The time it was briefly on sale still isn’t the amount of time it was supposed to be. I am irritated. Can they not put the end of sale dates back up? Now, it is out of my budget since I am going for the Supersuit pro bundle. That is, if I get paid in time. So, who knows when that goes off sale too. I, like many people can’t just jump right in on a sale. So, knowing the sale duration time is rather important.

Posted: 31 May 2012 11:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9251
Joined  2007-11-06
Mr Bowen - 31 May 2012 11:40 PM

The Visual Style Shaders “sale” was screwed up too. They were on sale for a couple of days before the store change, then off, then on again for about 2 days and now full price. The time it was briefly on sale still isn’t the amount of time it was supposed to be. I am irritated. Can they not put the end of sale dates back up? Now, it is out of my budget since I am going for the Supersuit pro bundle. That is, if I get paid in time. So, who knows when that goes off sale too. I, like many people can’t just jump right in on a sale. So, knowing the sale duration time is rather important.

I imagine the Visual Style Shaders will be put back on sale once the problem with too many things being put on sale is fixed.  The Supersuit Sale runs through June 7th.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 31 May 2012 11:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2006-10-16

Thank you for the info. Much appreciated.

Posted: 01 June 2012 05:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15119
Joined  2003-10-09
XOTT - 31 May 2012 10:53 PM

Why do I always miss the sales that arn’t supposed to be sales?  It just ain’t fair I tell ya’.

Then of course way back in history there was once a $1.99 price for Lightwave.....now entered into traditional DAZ folklore like unflatable ponies and air-conditioner gnomes…. wink

It wasn’t on sale for $1.99, but there was a loosely worded announcement and people (Rortiz, where are you?) good-humouredly argued that the $1.99 deals should include LW, which was in the store at the time.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 01 June 2012 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Merged a couple of threads on this issue.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 01 June 2012 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1247
Joined  2004-08-24
Richard Haseltine - 01 June 2012 05:38 AM
XOTT - 31 May 2012 10:53 PM

It wasn’t on sale for $1.99, but there was a loosely worded announcement and people (Rortiz, where are you?) good-humouredly argued that the $1.99 deals should include LW, which was in the store at the time.

And BUDDLES!!

Don’t forget BUDDLES   wink

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 01 June 2012 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09