Digital Art Zone

5 of 100
The Complaint Thread - The Final Countdown
Posted: 01 November 2012 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2847
Joined  0

I need to install PPro 2010 on my Core i5 box.

I need to restore all my content to the Core i5 box.

I need to render some squirrels.  GIANT squirrels.

The sooner I get started the sooner I’ll have everything I need set up.

Oh yeah, I need a cooling pad for the i5 box.  Even in the Winter, just to be sure.

Giant squirrels..Vicky.  I miss endangering Vicky. downer

For anyone: is there $199 worth pf reason to upgrade from PPro 2010 to PPro 2012? shock

Signature 

My bloggity blog: http://the-serpents-fang.blogspot.com/
My Red Room Authors Page: http://redroom.com/member/edward-averill

Posted: 01 November 2012 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04
Woolyloach - 01 November 2012 01:18 PM

*gives a long, hard look at Wooly, wondering what he’s up to*

Anyway, complaint:

I slept 2 hours this morning, followed by 2 and 1/2 after groceries. I went to bed early, and now SO is snoring so loudly that it is giving me a headache and of course I can’t sleep either. ARGH.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 01 November 2012 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
Skiriki - 01 November 2012 01:23 PM

*gives a long, hard look at Wooly, wondering what he’s up to*

Anyway, complaint:

I slept 2 hours this morning, followed by 2 and 1/2 after groceries. I went to bed early, and now SO is snoring so loudly that it is giving me a headache and of course I can’t sleep either. ARGH.

Argh, that’s definitely complaint-worthy! shock

I’m up to no good, of course!  Just finding random ways to distract myself from my sorry state, and I do so miss sending giant things after Vicky to molest her! vampire snake

And I can’t play guitar or bass longer than an hour at a time, so.. why not render weird stuff? Heaven knows I have enough content to run my own bloody studio! vampire

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14245
Joined  2003-10-09

For anyone: is there $199 worth pf reason to upgrade from PPro 2010 to PPro 2012? shock

Weight-mapped figures? The Ability to use Genesis in Poser, with the DSON Importer (free if you buy $20 worth of DSON content)?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 01 November 2012 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
Richard Haseltine - 01 November 2012 01:42 PM

Weight-mapped figures? The Ability to use Genesis in Poser, with the DSON Importer (free if you buy $20 worth of DSON content)?

Those are pretty decent reasons but, erm, I don’t use Genesis or weight-mapped figures at all, I got off the new-figures train at Gen4.

I think I read something about materials/rendering improvements?  Know anything about that? confused

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

FYI, you can get weight-mapped Victoria 4 for free.
http://www.runtimedna.com/WMV4.html

Also, seriously, you might want to try that Genesis thing as well when it next comes to “grab for absolutely free” bin again (I’m gonna guess around Christmas time, maybe).

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 01 November 2012 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
Skiriki - 01 November 2012 01:53 PM

FYI, you can get weight-mapped Victoria 4 for free.
http://www.runtimedna.com/WMV4.html

Also, seriously, you might want to try that Genesis thing as well when it next comes to “grab for absolutely free” bin again (I’m gonna guess around Christmas time, maybe).

At this point the only reason I’m jumping back into 3D at all is personal amusement!  I’m very happy with how I can abuse and torment V4, A4, and even M4 on occasion! 

If I ever get more serious I’ll look into the weight-map/Genesis thing but for now, it’s just more stuff between me, Vicky, and a giant squirrel! vampire vampire shock

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Well I’m just sayin’, your personal amusement could be even more amusing with that. smile That’s all. Ask KK if he’s having fun with Genesis now. wink

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 01 November 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7945
Joined  2004-07-21

When I started with Dragon Cave and I only had female adult dragons, I asked on their forum wondering why I could not breed my dragons.  They explained that I had to have both a female and male (if they are available for breeding and in the same breeding group) and I cannot breed two female dragons on my scroll.  What was I thinking?

Has anyone seen my color pencils?

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 01 November 2012 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7945
Joined  2004-07-21

I forgot CP’s web address.  I think it is contentparadise.something, but I cannot remember if it is a dot com or dot net or something else?

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 01 November 2012 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7917
Joined  2009-06-11

Oh yeah, I need a cooling pad for the i5 box.  Even in the Winter, just to be sure.

*Waves* Hey Wooly hope stuff has got a little better for you.

Poser Shaders are improved in the current version if you roll your own, firefly renderer is noticeably faster and the new plugin library looks interesting cos there are some callback hooks on offer. If you want to make content the weight mapping tools are off to a good start. And if you are using IDL in 2010 you will love 2012 cos improvements to the renderer has sped things up. That’s all I can think of that I used, imho it is more a 2010.5 release, if you know what I mean smile 

Oh man forget giant squirrels, I caught a bit of a movie with Janet Leigh and giant rabbits on late night TV, what a hoot ! smile

Posted: 01 November 2012 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7917
Joined  2009-06-11
Miss Bad Wolf - 01 November 2012 03:38 PM

I forgot CP’s web address.  I think it is contentparadise.something, but I cannot remember if it is a dot com or dot net or something else?

Clicky click click smile

Posted: 01 November 2012 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  0
ps1borg - 01 November 2012 06:18 PM

*Waves* Hey Wooly hope stuff has got a little better for you.

Poser Shaders are improved in the current version if you roll your own, firefly renderer is noticeably faster and the new plugin library looks interesting cos there are some callback hooks on offer. If you want to make content the weight mapping tools are off to a good start. And if you are using IDL in 2010 you will love 2012 cos improvements to the renderer has sped things up. That’s all I can think of that I used, imho it is more a 2010.5 release, if you know what I mean smile 

Oh man forget giant squirrels, I caught a bit of a movie with Janet Leigh and giant rabbits on late night TV, what a hoot ! smile

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! *wavex like a loon*

Life is better, just 2 toes shorter (ugh long story)!  Got me a guitar, a bass, a keyboard, and a Core i5 system.

Just installed PPr0 2012 + SR1 and dang it’s fast on this, compared to my old system!  3D viewport flies and rest renders pop up darn fast.

Maybe it’s the IDL changes I was thinking of.. probably worth the upgrade for that.  And I think SSS was added/improved or something.  h, I’ll have some spare cash next week (sent my money om music gear this week lol argh).

Blech, I ave things in my RDNA, Rendo, and even Daz wishlists now!  I had no idea that I hadn’t bought the Daz Squirrel!  It and the Toon Squirrel are likely to come home this weekend to help terrorize Vicky.. once she’s reinstlled. shock

PPro sure looks nice on a 23in monitor.. heh heh! snake

Nice to see you! cool smile I’m off to bed to dream of.. giant squirrels.. shock

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 10:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

NONE COMPLAINT: Nice to see Wooly back and posting. Nuff said.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 01 November 2012 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11175
Joined  2007-11-06
Woolyloach - 01 November 2012 01:47 PM
Richard Haseltine - 01 November 2012 01:42 PM

Those are pretty decent reasons but, erm, I don’t use Genesis or weight-mapped figures at all, I got off the new-figures train at Gen4.

I think I read something about materials/rendering improvements?  Know anything about that? confused

...I accidentally created a weight mapped Steph 4 when I was trying to figure out how to load her NPM’s into Genesis with GenX.  Bends real nice but most character MATs (save for the base V4/Stph4 ones) don’t work and injecting a Gen4 character results in a slew of errors showing up in the History section of the load tile before the operation aborts.  Didn’t try to inject a Genesis/Gen5 character so not sure if that would work.

Might be promising though as I could possibly create a weight mapped mapped Leela as long as I load the morph sets/characters/ MATs I need before making the conversion. 

Thanks for the {{{}}}s. 

Today was even worse.  Took heat for something someone else screwed up on. Had to deal with the digital print manager distracting me while I am under the extreme pressure to get my primary client’s (the same one we are performing the inventory audit for next week) monthly account billing closed so it can be invoiced before the audit.  This person has an uncanny sense of bad timing, as it seems he always wants to start a discussion unrelated to what I am doing at most hectic times of the day (tjohn, that pic you posted was not all that far from becoming reality today). 

At least I got him to finally admit that he and the department dropped the ball when it came to training me properly. For the last five to six months, I’ve pretty much been left to flounder about on my own in a position that is supposed to carry a lot of responsibility, only to hear about the mistakes I made after the fact. 

Ended up staying late to get some peace & quiet and make up for the time I lost earlier.

Yeah, the frustration meter is pretty much pegged.

The sad thing is because others have already put in their vacation requests for the December holidays I will not be able to take any vacation time until after the new year. The last significant time I took off was a couple weeks back in early April, and I was sick for a good part of it.  I feel like I’m in the fast lane to a total burnout or breakdown, or both.

...but I’m home now, stopped off for a couple slices of ‘zza and bottle of ginger beer and trying to relax before heading back into the flames in about twelve hours.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

5 of 100