Total Posts:  7676
Joined  2009-06-11
wendy♥catz - 03 November 2012 12:54 AM
ps1borg - 03 November 2012 12:33 AM
wendy♥catz - 03 November 2012 12:30 AM

yes, creating a cr2 does not work well.
but it does at least have a dmc

Is this making sense so far Wendy?

trying to follow, on my Android, when my video finishes uploading I can use the Android as a wifi for my laptop and save it all
no broadband left on desktop for a week.

is a draft, no hurry or huhu, plenty of time to get it right this thread won’t rollover and get locked for a few weeks or so smile

Posted: 03 November 2012 02:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7676
Joined  2009-06-11
fyredrygyon - 02 November 2012 06:23 PM

So, I’m ste…. er, borrowing Fiance’s external drive to back up my content folder before updating to 4.5.  I bought the Hiro bundle before realizing half the stuff I wanted to play with needed me to update.  We’re not getting new PC’s until around Christmas time (our gift to each other) and I’m impatient to play.

But that now means I’m trying to transfer 85gigs (at least - may be closer to 90 at this point).  So this is going to take forever.

In other news, I’ve dropped 19.8 pounds since the third week of August and have dropped two pants sizes.  Fiance has lost about 22 pounds but getting him to go to the store to learn what his pant size is, is like pulling teeth.  Stubborn man.

gratz Fyre, that’s great.  Um, what is my pants size again? *wonders* smile

Posted: 03 November 2012 05:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6156
Joined  2003-10-09

More complain, less explain. LOL

Image Attachments
complaint-jar-55861740449.jpeg
 Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
“I hope that after I die, people will say of me: ‘That guy sure owed me a lot of money.’” - Jack Handey

Posted: 03 November 2012 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15600
Joined  2003-10-09

Just a thought

Image Attachments
cat_internet.jpg
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 03 November 2012 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

You mean, “just a terrifying thought”.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 03 November 2012 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4891
Joined  2009-02-26

COMPLAINT!!!!

Who the hell at Microsoft came up with the “bright” idea of auto computer updates and auto restart at the conclusion of a update?!?! I just lost my work while I was at work cos my computer decided to restart itself!!!!  If I WANT to restart my computer I WILL DO IT MY SELF, WHEN I WANT TO! and the same with UPDATES!

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 03 November 2012 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Nao i jus klik uplodz and mi onner getz pwned…uhoh, bustid.

Image Attachments
C9Xnl.jpg
 Signature 

“I hope that after I die, people will say of me: ‘That guy sure owed me a lot of money.’” - Jack Handey

Posted: 03 November 2012 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 143 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Spyro - 03 November 2012 11:22 AM

COMPLAINT!!!!

Who the hell at Microsoft came up with the “bright” idea of auto computer updates and auto restart at the conclusion of a update?!?! I just lost my work while I was at work cos my computer decided to restart itself!!!!  If I WANT to restart my computer I WILL DO IT MY SELF, WHEN I WANT TO! and the same with UPDATES!

Right with you on that one. Also hate that my virus protection starts running in the background when I don’t move the mouse for like 30 seconds! It tells me it’s doing it, but doesn’t give a wait until later option. Grrrr…

Signature 

Posted: 03 November 2012 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 144 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
Spyro - 03 November 2012 11:22 AM

COMPLAINT!!!!

Set your system to “notify me of updates”. Doing that prevents autoreboot as well.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 03 November 2012 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 145 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

I agree! Mine is the same. And usually starts at the worst time for it to start… When I’m rendering scenes! The computer is supposed to be controlled by it’s user! PC’s are NOT supposed to be terminators that control themselves, and tell the user when it will do something!

Image Attachments
t-1000notamused.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 03 November 2012 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 146 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

<UnLurk> Be 100% sure that the NEW update did not RESET your Update Config. It has for me before. <Lurk Mode>

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 03 November 2012 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 147 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  898
Joined  2008-11-01
ps1borg - 02 November 2012 09:45 PM
Terre_Farris - 02 November 2012 06:12 PM
chohole - 02 November 2012 04:40 PM
JasmineSkunk - 02 November 2012 04:24 PM

hey…..I almost didn’t come in here now that I see it’s supposed to be 50% less goofy!!!  lol LOL

Hi, Everybody!!! smile smile smile *waves*

But you didn’t have a complaint

*chuckle*

I wonder how many people have poked in here over the years and asked “Why is it called The Complaint Thread” when there arn’t any complaints?” I’ll bet Richard H. knows the answer as he’s had to come in many times and quiet down a philosophical discussion that got as serious as a religious or political one. In fact on one occasion he wondered it such discussions shouldn’t be banned under the TOS because of this thread.
Goofieness and being off topic in any kind of direction is NORMAL here! LOL

Is true the mods are real patient with us wink

Heehee…. a complaint… Well, do you really want me to get started? It might be an Epic poem by the time I finished…lol

*HI TERRE!!! smile Say hi to that old man of yours for me, too, will ya?

Hugs back for ps1

smile smile smile

Posted: 03 November 2012 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 148 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Jaderail - 03 November 2012 11:50 AM

<UnLurk> Be 100% sure that the NEW update did not RESET your Update Config. It has for me before. <Lurk Mode>

I just set it to “search for updates” But allow me to download and Install them. Since Microsoft is retarded, there is no option I can find to say “DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY RESTART!” (BTW - I do not think very highly of Apple/Mac either as they shit me up the wall on a worse scale!) I apologize, but right now I am very Shitty at the world. I am just getting all this off my chest.

Now I have to re-texture a WIP character as well as rebuild the scene and Re-render what I was working on because of a STUPID update, which I already Updated and restarted less than six hours before It automatically installed yet another update!!! I would have saved, but the texture is my primary goal, and I had colour mismatches and obvious seams, so It was being worked on in PS.

Now because of all this, it is now 5:15AM And i have to go to bed! I wanted all this polished off before I had to go to bed! Instead, I have gotten nowhere.

Signature 

Posted: 03 November 2012 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 149 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Like I said, if you pick manual updates, autorestart shouldn’t happen either. (Or maybe that’s for Pro and Ultimate versions of it, but won’t hurt to test.)

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 03 November 2012 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 150 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
Skiriki - 03 November 2012 12:18 PM

Like I said, if you pick manual updates, autorestart shouldn’t happen either. (Or maybe that’s for Pro and Ultimate versions of it, but won’t hurt to test.)

<UnLurk again> I just wish to point this out, I do have mine set to Manual Updates and more than one Win7 Update has set my prefs back to Auto without ever asking. I lost a full days work to that once. I now check my Prefs after every Win7 Update just to be safe. After all MS thinks they know better and will ram it down your throat if your not careful. <ReLurk>

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

10 of 100