Digital Art Zone

 
     
Can No Longer Save to Categories
Posted: 30 October 2012 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]
Member
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2011-10-15

Hello,

After installing a bunch of content yesterday, I was in the arduous process of categorizing the new items when we lost power briefly *shakes fist at Hurricane Sandy*. When I restarted DAZ, all of the work that I had done was undone, like nothing at all changed. Ok, that’s fine, the program shut down suddenly and nothing saved.

So then I see that the categories section is actually completely empty. Figured the CMS wasn’t working, so I restart the CMS manually. That seemed to work, all of my categories are back.

So then I go to begin categorizing everything again. However, when I bring up the ‘categorize’ menu, it shows that I have no categories at all. I can clearly see that I do in fact have my categories, and that everything prior to yesterday is within them, but I am now unable to categorize anything new. I tried rebooting, restarting CMS, and nada, this problem persists.

I am grateful for any feedback regarding this issue.

Thanks!

Profile
 
 
Posted: 30 October 2012 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
Avatar
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1308
Joined  2006-03-14

Recovering a corrupt CMS database: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/105548/

 Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Profile
 
 
Posted: 31 October 2012 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Member
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2011-10-15

Hello, thanks for the reply!

I went through your process step by step, but it doesn’t seem to have worked - or more accurately it seems to have pretty much completely reset the categories to default.

Your step 2 says it should take a long time. I have quite a bit of content installed at this point, but step two took about a second. I looked in the database folder when I backed it up as mentioned in step 1, and there are only about 5 files:

ContentDB.blb
ContentDB.dat
ContentDB.ind
ContentDB.vdb
master.vdb

the biggest file being Content DB.ind at abou 16k kb. I am not really sure what this database looked like BEFORE the problem arose, so I have no idea if this is normal or not. Judging by your process to recover the categories, I am assuming not.

Profile