Digital Art Zone

Simple (I’m Sure!), But How Do I Set A Morph Target Dial For A Prop In DAZ Script? SOLVED
Posted: 30 October 2012 06:16 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  455
Joined  2007-09-01

I’m doing an update to my ‘Smart+ Prop’ scripts to automagically apply a morph to the prop to adjust it for a particular figure.

The prop, a shield, has a single morph target (saved in the PP2 as deltas), and all I want to do is set the corresponding ‘Fit Freak/Behemoth Hand’ dial to 100%

The PoserPython mod was really simple, and I know the DAZ Script one is too. But I think the DAZ side of my brain has been fried by my Shader Mixer normals √(N*N)≠N problem (still unresolved!)....
confused

By the way, it’s a DSA script because it’s got to work in DS3 as well as DS4.

Signature 

Website: UnrealImperfect | Freebies: Renderosity, ShareCG | ‘Art’: DeviantArt | Blog: Blogger
(aka Pete Williams)

Posted: 31 October 2012 02:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  455
Joined  2007-09-01

Solved, and yes it was simple…

oProp.getObject().getModifier(0).getValueChannel().setValue1.0 ); 

Found the answer in Semidieu’s Change shapes value thread, also in the Developer Discussion forum. I’d confused myself because I’d started with a node, not an object (my oProp is a DzNode).

I don’t think I’ll go for the one-line solution I’ve given - a few checks as mentioned in the other thread are probably a wise future-proofing precaution.

Signature 

Website: UnrealImperfect | Freebies: Renderosity, ShareCG | ‘Art’: DeviantArt | Blog: Blogger
(aka Pete Williams)

Posted: 31 October 2012 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  314
Joined  2003-10-09

Take a look at DAZ Studio > v4.x > Reference Guide > Scripting > API Reference > Samples # Properties.

-Rob

Signature 

- Documentation Center
- Install Manager
- DAZ Studio 4.x
- DSON Importer
- DSON File Format Specification