Digital Art Zone

Question about expressions dealing with the upper and lower jaw movments
Posted: 29 October 2012 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2007-06-13

I created a boy using Genesis.  When I pose a smile on him, the upper jaw doesn’t look right, as seen in image 1.  They look fine on a default Genesis.  Is there a way I can have the jaws position correctly like on the default Genesis in image 2?  I can manually move the jaws, but using this method doesn’t produce realistic results in my opinion.  Any suggestions?

Image Attachments
smile2.jpgsmile1.jpg

Posted: 29 October 2012 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

Is it a dialed or sculpted morph?

If it’s sculpted you may need to adjust the rigging to the shape and do an ERC freeze.

The exact details on the ‘how’ are in here,,,

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6483/

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 29 October 2012 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  529
Joined  2003-10-09

You also might have to do corrective morphs on the expressions. If the overall size of the mouth or eyes have changed, then the amount the vertices move during expressions also needs to change. If the change is only minor, they don’t need to move a lot. If it’s a huge difference… well. Look in the hidden dials on Genesis to see all the corrective expressions morphs added by things like Aiko and the like to see what I mean.

Signature 

A good pun is its own reword

“The greatest sin is to be willfully unteachable” - Dr. Pat Allen

Posted: 30 October 2012 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2007-06-13

I’m not sure if your asking me if the character is dialed or sculpted, or if the expression is.  If it’s the character,yes.  If it’s the expression, no.  The smile is the Mouth Smile Open and Simple Smile found under Pose Controls/Head/Mouth, each dialed to 1..