Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17124
Joined  2003-10-09

yeah, sometimes they take their girlfriends with them to eat out as well

Image Attachments
funny-pictures-cats-eat-a-watermelon.jpg
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 14 December 2012 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1172 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6539
Joined  2003-10-09
Spyro - 14 December 2012 06:59 AM
tjohn - 14 December 2012 06:44 AM

Hungry. Breakfast time!

I have never seen a cat eat produce!

They will eat anything if you starve them long enough.

Kidding!

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
We’ve all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Posted: 14 December 2012 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1173 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Let’s see; I’ve seen them eat almost everything in the way of “people food” except for lettuce, breads, and most fruit.
From Wikipedia/cats:
“Cats have relatively few taste buds compared to humans. Domestic and wild cats share a gene mutation that keeps their sweet taste buds from binding to sugary molecules like carbohydrates, leaving them with no ability to taste sweetness.”
So why will they eat watermelon? My educated guess (I hold a BS in Biology - No, really!) is that they enjoy the cool refreshing aspect of watermelon.
Also from Wikipedia/cats:
“Cats are obligate carnivores: Their physiology has evolved to efficiently process meat, and they have difficulty digesting plant matter. In contrast to omnivores such as rats, which only require about 4% protein in their diet, about 20% of a cat’s diet must be protein. Cats are unusually dependent on a constant supply of the amino acid arginine, and a diet lacking arginine causes marked weight loss and can be rapidly fatal. Another unusual feature is that the cat also cannot produce the amino acid taurine, with taurine deficiency causing macular degeneration, wherein the cat’s retina slowly degenerates, causing irreversible blindness. Since cats tend to eat all of their prey, they obtain minerals by digesting animal bones, and a diet composed only of meat may cause calcium deficiency.

A cat’s gastrointestinal tract is also adapted to meat eating, being much shorter than that of omnivores and having low levels of several of the digestive enzymes that are needed to digest carbohydrates. These traits severely limit the cat’s ability to digest and use plant-derived nutrients, as well as certain fatty acids. Despite the cat’s meat-oriented physiology, several vegetarian or vegan cat foods have been marketed that are supplemented with chemically synthesized taurine and other nutrients, in attempts to produce a complete diet. However, some of these products still fail to provide all the nutrients that cats require, and diets containing no animal products pose the risk of causing severe nutritional deficiencies.

Cats also eat grass occasionally. Proposed explanations include that grass is a source of folic acid or dietary fiber.”

So just because cats can’t process vegetable matter doesn’t mean they won’t eat it, or that it will harm them. Just make sure that the house plants you keep are not poisonous to your precious fuzzies.

Signature 

We’ve all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Posted: 14 December 2012 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1174 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I realize that post wasn’t stupid, but I promise to make up for it later. LOL

Signature 

Posted: 14 December 2012 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1175 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4814
Joined  2011-10-04

We had a long-haired cat (angora/Norwegian forest cat mix) who insisted that she gets served Chinese cabbage, cut, with every meal. If she wasn’t given any, she refused to eat her food. It wasn’t that she was prissy, it was that her hair just would otherwise form too complex clots in her tummy.

Oh and before anyone Zerg Rushes me to ask where the hell I’ve been, answers forthcoming in Complaint thread. It is also kinda stupid…

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 14 December 2012 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1176 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

there could be a simple expalanation

Image Attachments
why_do_cats_eat_grass_lol.jpg
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge

Posted: 14 December 2012 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1177 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Yeah my Dad always said our dogs and cats ate grass because they had upset tummies. Judging by their subsequent actions, he seemed to have a point. smile

Signature 

Posted: 14 December 2012 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1178 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1804
Joined  2012-09-16

One of mine eats chocolate…I know it can be dangerous for dogs, not sure about cats.
Let’s say she’s still alive XD
It’s not that I am feeding her chocolate, it’s more that there’s always choclate around me in the house and when I turn my back for just one sec. I hear the “omnomnom"sounds already!

Signature 

Studio DB Page
DeviantArt page

Need a review or looking for tips? Pay a visit HERE

Posted: 14 December 2012 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1179 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-16

One of my favourites, love to throw it at people randomly on Facebook…
Especially when they want something from me, I don’t agree with XD

Image Attachments
0MkY8_large.jpg
 Signature 

Studio DB Page
DeviantArt page

Posted: 14 December 2012 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1180 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Estroyer - 14 December 2012 02:55 PM

One of mine eats chocolate…I know it can be dangerous for dogs, not sure about cats.
Let’s say she’s still alive XD
It’s not that I am feeding her chocolate, it’s more that there’s always choclate around me in the house and when I turn my back for just one sec. I hear the “omnomnom"sounds already!

You should read the article at this link and plan to keep a close eye on your chocolate and store it safely away from her.
http://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions/digestive/c_ct_chocolate_toxicity#.UMuTzne7l2A

Signature 

Posted: 14 December 2012 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1181 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-16

Oh crap!
So, it’s the same as in dogs…

Thanks for the warning ><

Signature 

Studio DB Page
DeviantArt page

Posted: 14 December 2012 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1182 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

..................................................................................................................

Image Attachments
christmas_lights._.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 14 December 2012 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1183 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
chohole - 14 December 2012 03:20 PM

..................................................................................................................

E-ville! E-ville I tells ya! shock

Signature 

Posted: 14 December 2012 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1184 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9069
Joined  2004-07-21
chohole - 14 December 2012 02:33 PM

there could be a simple expalanation

So that they can vomit grass pieces on the carpet?

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 14 December 2012 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1185 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8479
Joined  2009-07-13

autofit sure makes a dogs breakfast of M3 wizard robes sleeves!!
in Carrara I can re-weight paint them but this is one casre just using M3 so much simpler!
stoooooooopid

Image Attachments
sc00.gif
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

79 of 100