Digital Art Zone

68 of 100
Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD V for Victory
Posted: 03 December 2012 02:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1006 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4946
Joined  2009-02-26

Oh I see. Jaderail is based on a custom character you created and played on the game?

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 03 December 2012 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1007 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22
Spyro - 03 December 2012 02:02 AM

Oh I see. Jaderail is based on a custom character you created and played on the game?

I rolled him up with dice to be truthful. Just a off the wall remark from BOB, the Game Master (DM) about me always playing a GOODY Two shoes willing to DIE to save others (Throm Stormgood did, was why I needed a new character to play.) and that Drow where now allowed as Player characters with the new Rule Book (UnEarthed Arcania I belive). So I said okay if my new character from the UNDERDARK can be worked into the game I’ll be a Drow. The rest was developed as we went. Jaderail Enous Sunder has a full history and many great stories of helping those fools live to another day to help him further his plans, and him doing nasty things to and against them to further his on goals. Jade even sold one of them into slavery after kidnapping them from there own bed once.

I loved being the sneaky two faced one that got strong enough to be needed and relied on by the others. It was so not me.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 03 December 2012 03:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1008 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

I’ve always loved characters that were different from me.  Spyro came to be when I was just a young teen myself… The story was some what different back then to what it is now. He was originally depicted as an innocent victim to the backlash of his fathers life in the FBI. The father had a run in with the Chinese Triads (Organized crime syndicate, like mafia, but bigger and wide spread… They aren’t known to be ‘law abiding’ individuals).

Over close to 10 years of fictional writing and related art, everything evolved. His innocence now stops at appearances. Appearances are deceiving, and that’s a strong point in my work. Instead of being a victim in an underworld plot to have revenge on the father, he’s instead a product of war… He was brought up by the antagonists, and as such, he is twisted by them. (Due to age constraints, while taking into consideration his purpose in the story and his species (No, he’s not human at all) he is a side character, brother to the main character, while one of three characters that you follow in the novel, he’s not the main character as such).

So you know, this 10 yr or so long standing project, actually began as an assignment for school in grade 7. I never stopped working on it… It’s one of very few things I did at school that actually inspired me.  (NOW THAT IS STUPID, BUT TRUE) Funny thing was the fact that the assignment was never set, it was an idea for an assignment… The ONLY assignment I ever CHOSE willingly to do tongue laugh

Signature 

Posted: 03 December 2012 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1009 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Sorry I went on a rant rolleyes

I really like and find it very interesting that your character sprung out from a board game. Amazing! And the fact that his entire history and life was inspired by the events that occurred in the game WOW. He is a character I’d love to read about!

Signature 

Posted: 03 December 2012 03:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1010 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Also - I just realized you’ve fallen out of your time zone… Did you stay up all night again?

Signature 

Posted: 03 December 2012 03:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1011 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2007-04-08
Spyro - 03 December 2012 03:30 AM

Sorry I went on a rant rolleyes

I really like and find it very interesting that your character sprung out from a board game. Amazing! And the fact that his entire history and life was inspired by the events that occurred in the game WOW. He is a character I’d love to read about!

Spyro, there are many of us that played games such as Dungeons and Dragons, and want our characters to live on in art.  I had several that I want to bring to life myself.  One being a superhero, from the roleplaying game of Marvel Super Heroes, one being a rather tormented mage from Dungeons and Dragons, and one being a mad scientist from Mega Traveller.

Perhaps, one day, I will work on those.

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 03 December 2012 04:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1012 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

It’s not all that too far fetched now that I thought about how my characters came into existence…

Spyro was heavily influenced by Original Soundtracks (Film/Game score… Un-worded) and was fleshed out in text with no Idea of what character I was creating. Though I must admit, that when I was younger, I looked at media, and I noticed that there was a lack of my age group and Male combination. If it was innocent or a horror flick it was ALWAYS a girl. If the character in the media was male (despite claiming to be 15/16) for me they were like 19yr olds pretending. (That was just my opinion back then of course)

Several characters came to me when trying to go to sleep. Others from walking the streets.

Of course there were film, video game and book inspirations. But on a whole, I must say the largest influence on character creation for me has been music. Why? I have no idea… My imagination just goes wild when I listen to music lol. I just think it’s great that so much can come from board games wow. Years ago we played lots of cards, and various board games, but they were either luck or strategy, with no real fictional element. I guess come the video games and many of my generation and after missed out.

EDIT: - Nice eyes btw Blum smile

Signature 

Posted: 03 December 2012 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1013 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4815
Joined  2011-10-04
Kyoto Kid - 03 December 2012 12:00 AM

...so will Toy Pony and Unicorn poo shaders be forthcoming?

Here’s the fun thing!

I made each lump a material zone of their own.

There are six lumps present.

You can make each lump a different color! UNICORN RAINBOW POO!

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 03 December 2012 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1014 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Skiriki - 03 December 2012 04:04 AM
Kyoto Kid - 03 December 2012 12:00 AM

...so will Toy Pony and Unicorn poo shaders be forthcoming?

Here’s the fun thing!

I made each lump a material zone of their own.

There are six lumps present.

You can make each lump a different color! UNICORN RAINBOW POO!

Oh dear… LMAO!

Signature 

Posted: 03 December 2012 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1015 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Unicorn Doo Doo shader is done! And will be included! So there!

The final product. You can get it from my freebie site (link in .sig), dA or ShareCG in a jiffy…

Image Attachments
Road_Apples_ad.png
 Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 03 December 2012 05:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1016 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6545
Joined  2003-10-09

OK, so everything started as a funny thought that occurred to me when Daz rolled out the Horse 2. Then there were so MANY expansions and peripherals that my stupid brain had to take the trending to the most silly add-on imaginable and now we have “Skiriki’s Road Apples for the DAZ Horse 2”.
So my crappy attempt at humor has borne fruit (so to speak).
I couldn’t be prouder (sheds a tear),
Thank you, Skiriki, for making an old man’s dream come true. smile

As a side note, Skiriki, maybe you should use your fertile imagination to create some more product and textures to accompany it and offer it to DAZ for consideration as a real product for the Shop.
Who knows, maybe they’d like it.

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
We’ve all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Posted: 03 December 2012 05:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1017 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Love the Unicorn Poo BTW.
I wonder what Llama Poo looks like? LOL

Signature 

We’ve all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Posted: 03 December 2012 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1018 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
tjohn - 03 December 2012 05:01 AM

OK, so everything started as a funny thought that occurred to me when Daz rolled out the Horse 2. Then there were so MANY expansions and peripherals that my stupid brain had to take the trending to the most silly add-on imaginable and now we have “Skiriki’s Road Apples for the DAZ Horse 2”.
So my crappy attempt at humor has borne fruit (so to speak).
I couldn’t be prouder (sheds a tear),
Thank you, Skiriki, for making an old man’s dream come true. smile

LOL Well, I’m not exactly known for good taste at times… so of course it’d be me who would do something like this! wink

As a side note, Skiriki, maybe you should use your fertile imagination to create some more product and textures to accompany it and offer it to DAZ for consideration as a real product for the Shop.
Who knows, maybe they’d like it.

Believe me, this is actually my plan. I’m currently trying to learn about rigging things in DAZ Studio and object-creation and sculpting etc as fast as I can, so I could do something awesomesauce to sell. DAZ Horse 2 has given me actual, less jokey ideas, ones that I’d like to do for realz.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 03 December 2012 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1019 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Just because this thread was filling up with Horse manure, it gets abandoned? Oh, h*ll no!
It’s supposed to be stupid in here!

Image Attachments
1010lb3_20.jpeg
 Signature 

Posted: 03 December 2012 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1020 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Nah, I’m just getting stupidly sleepy, it is only 9 pm, but I already feel like I could sleep through the winter…

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

68 of 100