3 of 3
No-Eyebrow Face Textures?
Posted: 05 November 2012 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2003-10-09
KickAir 8P - 05 November 2012 10:02 AM
GhostofMacbeth - 04 November 2012 11:32 AM

It is an argument against it because there is no way that the one level of mesh on M4 or the zero level of mesh can successfully fill in all of the brow needs for a male texture. It does better with a very plucked female eyebrow but the levels of detail just aren’t there for male textures unless you want them to look plucked, as well. I always include eyebrow textures on the eyebrow map but, in my mind, they have to be in addition to the ones on the texture map . . .

Double-layer eyebrows = extra-realistic?  I won’t argue with that!  But I don’t see it as a reason for PAs not to also include a no-eyebrow face-texture option (in products with hair and beard options, even just one no-eyebrow/no-hair/no-beard one would be helpful).  That doesn’t prevent anyone from setting up double layered eyebrows, and it helps keep the hair color consistent.

For me, it is just because it doesn’t look good with overlay only (but I do mostly male texture sets). Plus, if you don’t have any kind of eyebrow mesh (like you do with Genesis), it looks very odd to have no brows.

Posted: 06 November 2012 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1820
Joined  2005-06-08
GhostofMacbeth - 05 November 2012 06:32 PM
KickAir 8P - 05 November 2012 10:02 AM
GhostofMacbeth - 04 November 2012 11:32 AM

It is an argument against it because there is no way that the one level of mesh on M4 or the zero level of mesh can successfully fill in all of the brow needs for a male texture. It does better with a very plucked female eyebrow but the levels of detail just aren’t there for male textures unless you want them to look plucked, as well. I always include eyebrow textures on the eyebrow map but, in my mind, they have to be in addition to the ones on the texture map . . .

Double-layer eyebrows = extra-realistic?  I won’t argue with that!  But I don’t see it as a reason for PAs not to also include a no-eyebrow face-texture option (in products with hair and beard options, even just one no-eyebrow/no-hair/no-beard one would be helpful).  That doesn’t prevent anyone from setting up double layered eyebrows, and it helps keep the hair color consistent.

For me, it is just because it doesn’t look good with overlay only (but I do mostly male texture sets). Plus, if you don’t have any kind of eyebrow mesh (like you do with Genesis), it looks very odd to have no brows.

I certainly wouldn’t suggest no-eyebrows as the default, no.  But as an option no-eyebrow face textures are becoming more and more useful with the eyebrow products and freebies out there.

Speaking of which, I’ve added a list of those to the information in the first post (at the bottom)Mariah’s generously allowing her 1-Click Brows for M4 freebie to be made available again, so I’ve got it up on deviantART and ShareCG.  People, any more recommendations?  Please post ‘em here!

Image Attachments
screenshot.06-11-2012_09_.07_.21_.png
 Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 06 November 2012 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  479
Joined  2007-12-20

Two that I know don’t have baked in eyebrows.

Commercial
Darcy for V4
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/darcy-for-victoria-4

Free
V4 Radiance
http://www.sharecg.com/v/53121/browse/11/Poser/V4-Radiance—-Part-1-of-2
http://www.sharecg.com/v/53122/browse/11/Poser/V4-Radiance—-Part-2-of-2

Posted: 06 November 2012 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
wowie - 06 November 2012 11:28 AM

Two that I know don’t have baked in eyebrows.

Commercial
Darcy for V4
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/darcy-for-victoria-4

Free
V4 Radiance
http://www.sharecg.com/v/53121/browse/11/Poser/V4-Radiance—-Part-1-of-2
http://www.sharecg.com/v/53122/browse/11/Poser/V4-Radiance—-Part-2-of-2

Added, thanks!

Signature 

~

Posted: 06 November 2012 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  681
Joined  2004-11-12

Just like Hiro 5, Hitomi also uses a no-brow face texture. Also like Hiro 5, she comes with her own seperate eyebrow prop which can be shaped and styled, and is thinner and more effeminate than Hiro 5’s.

I use both Hitomi’s and Hiro’s eyebrows in all of my toon renders, they’re just so useful!

Posted: 06 November 2012 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
BishounenTaurus - 06 November 2012 02:33 PM

Just like Hiro 5, Hitomi also uses a no-brow face texture. Also like Hiro 5, she comes with her own seperate eyebrow prop which can be shaped and styled, and is thinner and more effeminate than Hiro 5’s.

I use both Hitomi’s and Hiro’s eyebrows in all of my toon renders, they’re just so useful!

Added, thanks!

Signature 

~

Posted: 12 November 2012 12:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2016
Joined  2005-04-15

Very useful list, thanks.

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 28 February 2013 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
Cybersox13 - 12 November 2012 12:14 AM

Very useful list, thanks.

You’re welcome!

“Included is a set without eyebrows so that you can create your own style and color” — just added this to the list.

Signature 

~

Posted: 20 March 2014 07:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08

Necro-topic!  Just added to the listFW Darc for G2M by Fisty & FWArt  “no brow version of the default face, and of the two tattooed faces.”

Signature 

~

Posted: 18 September 2014 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08

Just added to the list

“Bonus toon skin is included with two face maps, one with eyebrows, and one with no eyebrows”:
DG Toon Style Eyes for Genesis 2 Female(s)
DG Toon Style Eyes for Genesis 2 Male(s)

Signature 

~

Posted: 18 September 2014 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  764
Joined  2012-09-24

Meara for V5 has no brow face textures under makeup options.  I got her recently on sale and was surprised when I applied the wrong makeup preset and she had no eyebrows.

Signature 

DAZ Gallery

Renderosity Gallery

Deviant Art Gallery

My Art Studio Thread

Posted: 18 September 2014 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
mark128 - 18 September 2014 04:50 PM

Meara for V5 has no brow face textures under makeup options.  I got her recently on sale and was surprised when I applied the wrong makeup preset and she had no eyebrows.

Added, thanks!

Signature 

~

3 of 3