Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
No-Eyebrow Face Textures?
Posted: 30 October 2012 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5130
Joined  2008-03-06

The Orange One is up: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=96162

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 30 October 2012 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1825
Joined  2005-06-08
Spyro - 30 October 2012 08:41 AM

. . . When making the spec/bump the easy and fast approach is to only cut the dif of the removed eyebrows and paste it on the S and B and sharpening, Black+White and play with levels until it matches. Pretty simple to do. smile

But I DO agree that texture sets should come with a no eyebrows version.

Playing with the levels . . . I’m horrible at playing with levels!  red face  Never comes out quite right for me, although I’m glad it’s working for you.  Thanks!

SickleYield - 30 October 2012 10:25 AM

The Orange One is up: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=96162

Added to the list, thanks!

Hey everybody, I’m not sure when I’m going to get the chance to install Hiro5, so if any of you spot a no-eyebrows face option in any of the new textures I’d appreciate it if you let me know.

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 30 October 2012 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4939
Joined  2009-02-26

Yeah, I have a lot of years experience with PS lol! I keep forgetting that what I do on that software isn’t necessarily simple for others haha!

I got the H5 haven’t installed it yet either.

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 30 October 2012 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
Spyro - 30 October 2012 12:22 PM

Yeah, I have a lot of years experience with PS lol! I keep forgetting that what I do on that software isn’t necessarily simple for others haha!

I got the H5 haven’t installed it yet either.

From a quick look, the Hiro5 Base and Arashi (both anime textures) have no-eyebrow options, Takeo and Dryden (the more realistic textures) don’t.  I’ll put ‘em in the list when links to the individial products go up.

Everybody, I’m pretty sure the first time I saw this discussed (was it in Marieah’s 1-Click Eyebrows topic?) there were some M4 textures mentioned as having no-eyebrow options too.  Anybody know some?

Signature 

~

Posted: 31 October 2012 06:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2007-09-24

Hiro 4 Realistic textures: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/hiro-4-realistic-textures

Signature 

Rune: A Tale of Wizards and Kings, a Graphic Novel. Free PDF.

Posted: 31 October 2012 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
chrixena - 31 October 2012 06:22 AM

Hiro 4 Realistic textures: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/hiro-4-realistic-textures

Added, thanks!

I could’ve sworn I remember more than these from that topic in the old forum, wish I could find it . . . but hey guys, keep ‘em coming, appreciate your help!

Signature 

~

Posted: 31 October 2012 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08

Whoops, sorry!  I was using a post-field to preview the formatting for my new sig-line (adding a link to this topic to it), and accidentally posted it.  red face  Well, it’s updated now:

Signature 

~

Posted: 04 November 2012 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
KickAir 8P - 30 October 2012 10:19 PM

From a quick look, the Hiro5 Base and Arashi (both anime textures) have no-eyebrow options, Takeo and Dryden (the more realistic textures) don’t.  I’ll put ‘em in the list when links to the individual products go up.

Done!

I’ve been told that Adham doesn’t have a no-eyebrows option — pity, looks great.  The list is looking awfully sparse, especially of realistic textures — any more out there?

Signature 

~

Posted: 04 November 2012 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  551
Joined  2003-10-09

I think it is pretty sparse because the only way I have found to get the depth needed is to have the eyebrow overlay and the texture. That is especially true of male textures. Either that or Python scripting which might be above a lot of content creators. My orcs don’t have eyebrow textures built in though.

Posted: 04 November 2012 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
GhostofMacbeth - 04 November 2012 09:37 AM

My orcs don’t have eyebrow textures built in though.

That looks like both your orcs and your goblins — added, thanks!

GhostofMacbeth - 04 November 2012 09:37 AM

I think it is pretty sparse because the only way I have found to get the depth needed is to have the eyebrow overlay and the texture. That is especially true of male textures. Either that or Python scripting which might be above a lot of content creators.

Huh, I’d think that’d be an argument for no-eyebrow face-texture options!  Not that I’d expect character creators to include multitudinous eyebrows themselves, but providing a “blank canvas” option for those wanting to use different eyebrows would be nice, especially with the increase of third-party eyebrows available.

The frustrating thing is that, although I know that realistic characters with no-eyebrow face-texture options were never plentiful, I could’ve sworn there were more of ‘em out there.

Signature 

~

Posted: 04 November 2012 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  551
Joined  2003-10-09

It is an argument against it because there is no way that the one level of mesh on M4 or the zero level of mesh can successfully fill in all of the brow needs for a male texture. It does better with a very plucked female eyebrow but the levels of detail just aren’t there for male textures unless you want them to look plucked, as well. I always include eyebrow textures on the eyebrow map but, in my mind, they have to be in addition to the ones on the texture map. M2 had two layers of mesh for the eyebrows (I think it was him) and that worked better to allowing a browless texture to be created without it looking weird.

Posted: 05 November 2012 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
GhostofMacbeth - 04 November 2012 11:32 AM

It is an argument against it because there is no way that the one level of mesh on M4 or the zero level of mesh can successfully fill in all of the brow needs for a male texture. It does better with a very plucked female eyebrow but the levels of detail just aren’t there for male textures unless you want them to look plucked, as well. I always include eyebrow textures on the eyebrow map but, in my mind, they have to be in addition to the ones on the texture map . . .

Double-layer eyebrows = extra-realistic?  I won’t argue with that!  But I don’t see it as a reason for PAs not to also include a no-eyebrow face-texture option (in products with hair and beard options, even just one no-eyebrow/no-hair/no-beard one would be helpful).  That doesn’t prevent anyone from setting up double layered eyebrows, and it helps keep the hair color consistent.

Whoo-hoo!  I knew it had to be back there somewhere!  In the topic for Marieah’s 1-Click Brows freebie there are links to several M4 products with a no-eyebrow face-texture option, all of which (of course) can also be used on Genesis:

Remendado for M4 by Marieah

Dancaire for M4 by Marieah

Zareb for M4 by Marieah

Uncle Albert for M4 by Marieah

Dirty Boy for M4 by Marieah

Ravenhurst for M4 by draagonstorm

Julian for M4 by Balaenanun

Giacomo for M4/H4 by Arki

Gossamer for M4/H4 by Morris

Also, I could’ve sworn that (back in maybe 2010 or 2011) on one PA’s product topic, when I mentioned why I wanted a no-eyebrow face texture option, they put it up as a freebie — I’m ashamed to say I can’t remember the PA or the product.  red face  If anybody remembers post it here please.

Signature 

~

Posted: 05 November 2012 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

I also sell a conforming eyebrow product for Genesis with three thicknesses in my Rendo store, which can be made to fit over browed textures but works better with browless.  Because the meshes are layered and transmapped it does have more dimension than most painted brows.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 05 November 2012 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
SickleYield - 05 November 2012 11:48 AM

I also sell a conforming eyebrow product for Genesis with three thicknesses in my Rendo store, which can be made to fit over browed textures but works better with browless.  Because the meshes are layered and transmapped it does have more dimension than most painted brows.

This one, right?

Sickle Super Brows Genesis

Signature 

~

Posted: 05 November 2012 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06

That’s the bunny.