Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
imort dwg dxf nothing happens
Posted: 31 October 2012 04:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  2009-01-27

After watching the news for awhile, I now realize just how lucky I was.

As I mentioned in my previous note, I knew the coastal areas had been battered, but jersey’s shoreline has been DEMOLISHED!

Even with news videos I’m having a hard time comprehending the devastation down there.

Jersey storms are notorious for moving sand around, but one town in north jersey is completely blanketed in 3-4 feet of sand!!! I mean - how the hell can you FIX something like that?!?!? Imagine your own house suddenly packed and surrounded by 3 ft of sand, and your entire property, and your neighbor’s, and the streets, EVERYTHING as far as you can see - How do you REMOVE IT??? Where would you PUT IT???

A huge pier in Seaside Heights was washed away, leaving the wreckage of an entire roller coaster sitting in the ocean. Famous swimming beaches have been washed away, coastal homes are wrecked or gone by the thousands, the bays and canals are littered with flotsam that used to be buildings…and on and on…as governor Christie put it, the damage is “unthinkable”.

I wasn’t just lucky, I was DAMNED LUCKY almost beyond imagination that Sandy largely exhausted herself making landfall. As is said “There, but for the grace of god…”

Signature 

For any arguments or illustrations I give, my system specs are:
Hexagon version 2.5.1.79,  XP pro 32 bit,  pentium core2 duo,  ATI radeon 3870, 2 gigs ram

Posted: 01 November 2012 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2007-07-27

Does anyone know how to get this working on a Mac?

I have a lot of old files in the dxf format from when I used to work in Bryce which is now unavailable to me as it doesn’t work on new Macs.

I’d like to be able to open them in Hexagon but I get an error message and they refuse to import or open.

The folders mentioned in this thread don’t seem to exist on my Mac installation.

Posted: 01 November 2012 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  2009-01-27
Jon-3D - 01 November 2012 04:34 PM

I have a lot of old files in the dxf format from when I used to work in Bryce which is now unavailable to me as it doesn’t work on new Macs

By “new macs”, do you mean the intel macs? If so, you could load a windows VM on it and install the PC version of hexagon. If you have 2.5.1.79 you’d still need adinit though.

Another option may be going online and finding a DXF to <whatever> convertor.

Signature 

For any arguments or illustrations I give, my system specs are:
Hexagon version 2.5.1.79,  XP pro 32 bit,  pentium core2 duo,  ATI radeon 3870, 2 gigs ram

Posted: 29 July 2013 03:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-07-23

Hi !

It seems that i’ve got the same problem ... someone can send me the file adinit.dat please ?

thanks a lot

2 of 2