Digital Art Zone

Is anybody still working on new dynamic cloths?
Posted: 28 October 2012 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-05-26

It seems it has been a long time since any new dynamic cloths for DAZ have come to market. Is content for the dynamic cloth plugin still being actively developed, or is it effectively dead?

Posted: 28 October 2012 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4613
Joined  2004-07-01
christian_s - 28 October 2012 01:41 AM

It seems it has been a long time since any new dynamic cloths for DAZ have come to market. Is content for the dynamic cloth plugin still being actively developed, or is it effectively dead?

they are still making them - just not as much

Posted: 28 October 2012 03:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15279
Joined  2003-10-09

THere is a thread here, from Martin (Optitex)  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/7143/

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 28 October 2012 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17

There has been about a dozen new releases including Genesis Supersiut addons; M5 wardrobe; leather jacket for M5 & F4; nightwear for V4 & an evening gown for V4.

All of which seems to have been released since Genesis figure came out.

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 28 October 2012 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2012-05-25

where can i download optitex cloth creator demo?

Signature 

Very Happy that i save $$$ for products that have no manual and invest this in the great lux modo :p

Posted: 28 October 2012 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6195
Joined  2005-08-15
creativemodelsbe - 28 October 2012 11:39 AM

There isn’t one for DAZ Studio if that is what you mean.

Creators use the Optitex software as far as I know, which costs around $10,000

Posted: 28 October 2012 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-05-25
JimmyC_2009 - 28 October 2012 01:08 PM
creativemodelsbe - 28 October 2012 11:39 AM

There isn’t one for DAZ Studio if that is what you mean.

Creators use the Optitex software as far as I know, which costs around $10,000

$10,000 it is only for my 3d hobby cloth design are you crazy? sick
is there really no other alternative for dynamic cloth design in studio?
can we expect another alternative and have dynamic clothes?

Signature 

Very Happy that i save $$$ for products that have no manual and invest this in the great lux modo :p

Posted: 28 October 2012 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  893
Joined  2007-01-04

Nope, sadly we’ve been royally screwed by DAZ and Optipish with this system.

The Material room and Dynamics are the only reason I still have my old Poser 6 installed, as I use it’s cloth room to do draped morphs for skirts and the like, before transferring it to DS.

Signature 

**shuffles of with a new headache** tongue wink

Posted: 29 October 2012 12:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2003-10-09

Actually, it is $14,000 now.  I wanted to do it really bad but even the lease-to-own option monthly payment of about $700 per month was more then I can handle.  This software is not for 3d Hobby.  It is for professional garment creation. Martin makes nice clothing but its not a full time job for him.  It is a hobby just like it is for us.

Posted: 29 October 2012 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5575
Joined  2006-02-20

There is more dynamic clothing in Martin’s store:
http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 31 October 2012 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-05-25

Why did daz not leave opitex and go on with the real and available alternative marvelousdesigner?
play with a demo and it looks really great piece of software.

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2009-09-08

There’s really no reason for Dynamic cloth ... Use Blender Cloth Sim with a wind modifier to get the look you want, then add it as a morph. This allows you to get the look you want, and still have your clothing fit any character ..... You can morph just about anything you can see, and animate all the morphs. It takes a little keyframing, but is much easier to control and modify .... And Blender is Freeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: 01 November 2012 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2003-10-09
creativemodelsbe - 31 October 2012 08:55 PM

Why did daz not leave opitex and go on with the real and available alternative marvelousdesigner?
play with a demo and it looks really great piece of software.

Probably because MD haven’t yet got their DS transfer ready. It’s been promised for ages. Soon….

Signature 

Freebies

Posted: 01 November 2012 11:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

I’m gonna get burned for this but… DS started as a Render only program, and for many versions stayed that way. The users are the ones who became Third Party Plugin creators to give DS more features. In the new versions that came out as those plugin’s became standard needs for most of the users they were bought from the creators and added to the CORE of the DS program. 90% of what now comes as standard features in DS4 were things I had to BUY and ADD to DS as a plugin to use those features before DS4.

The FREE DS4.5.1.6 comes with MORE built in creation tools than I ever had in any other version of DS. Daz Studio started as a 3D render tool, it is becoming a 3D creation tool. Yes it still has a ways to go. I for one can not complain about the Features that I’m sure are being worked on but we do not have yet. The Difference’s from DS2.3 to DS4.5 are so vast you really can not compare it to the other programs that have years of development time put into them before DS was even started. DS2.3 to DS4.5 has been done in just four years.

DS is growing. And it is Growing in power very fast. This is my view and I stand behind it. If DS does not fill your needs you are free to BUY any of the software on the market that will fill your needs.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt