Digital Art Zone

34 of 99
Star Trek Builders Unite 2 “Renderings on the Edge of Forever” 
Posted: 22 November 2012 02:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 496 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  490
Joined  2009-07-12
BlumBlumShub - 22 November 2012 01:42 PM

@PDSmith:  Hiya, just wanted to say I’m reading one of your comics and really enjoying it.  Well done smile

Thanks, but make sure you read the others too…I came after everyone else in make these fanfictions..they set the standard.

-Paul

Signature 

Don’t resist change! Subvert from within!

Posted: 22 November 2012 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 497 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1341
Joined  2004-07-16
PDSmith - 22 November 2012 02:46 PM
BlumBlumShub - 22 November 2012 01:42 PM

@PDSmith:  Hiya, just wanted to say I’m reading one of your comics and really enjoying it.  Well done smile

Thanks, but make sure you read the others too…I came after everyone else in make these fanfictions..they set the standard.

-Paul

Don’t let him fool with you,BB. His books are just as good.

Posted: 22 November 2012 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 498 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2003-10-09

Sorry! No relation to Sarah Michelle Gellar I take it! grin

mdbruffy - 22 November 2012 02:42 PM
Eric Walters - 22 November 2012 02:38 PM

Hi Mr Buffy

I see your point as the the “squished together”- I’ll play with that in Zbrush and see if I can “unsquish” it. grin
My focus is on Tpol first though.

I’m sorry guys, but as far as I’m concerned, the Wertz morph for Spock is the one morph he missed. The old M3 morph is alot closer.
The wertz morph looks all squished together in the middle of his face.

Bruffy. grin You left the “r” out.

Posted: 22 November 2012 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 499 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1012
Joined  2007-04-08
GreyMouser69 - 22 November 2012 01:55 PM

OK, hijacking the star trek thread since you’ve already gone there.  :D White star rendered in bryce with horo’s deep space hdri2.  LOVE me some B5!  Might have to do with Harlan Ellison being the consultant on the series a little bit since he is one of my favorite authors, but the story line is just amazing as well.  Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been a trekkie ever since I was little back when it was first on but with B5 story being a complete arc from episode 1 to the end was just amazing.

If you are interested you can find a high res version on my DA at http://greymouser69.deviantart.com/#/d5ge1yd

Hi GreyMouser69

Continuing your hijack, do you know where I can get a Poser/DS ready version of the B5 station itself?

Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 22 November 2012 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 500 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Sorry! I assume you are not related to Sarah M Gellar then? grin

Eric Walters - 22 November 2012 02:53 PM

Hi Mr Buffy

I see your point as the the “squished together”- I’ll play with that in Zbrush and see if I can “unsquish” it. grin

I’m sorry guys, but as far as I’m concerned, the Wertz morph for Spock is the one morph he missed. The old M3 morph is alot closer.

Posted: 22 November 2012 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 501 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16
Eric Walters - 22 November 2012 03:06 PM

Sorry! I assume you are not related to Sarah M Gellar then? grin

Eric Walters - 22 November 2012 02:53 PM

Hi Mr Buffy

LOL! Not quite. I get faint at the sight of blood! LOL

Posted: 22 November 2012 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 502 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1281
Joined  2008-03-30
GreyMouser69 - 22 November 2012 01:55 PM

OK, hijacking the star trek thread since you’ve already gone there.  :D White star rendered in bryce with horo’s deep space hdri2.  LOVE me some B5!  Might have to do with Harlan Ellison being the consultant on the series a little bit since he is one of my favorite authors, but the story line is just amazing as well.  Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been a trekkie ever since I was little back when it was first on but with B5 story being a complete arc from episode 1 to the end was just amazing.

If you are interested you can find a high res version on my DA at http://greymouser69.deviantart.com/#/d5ge1yd

Now that IS beautiful, thanks for sharing smile

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 22 November 2012 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 503 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Ships.
Here’s a render of mine from a few years ago. Question- has anyone created a good Enterprise bridge-from the series “Enterprise?”

Image Attachments
Outthewindow_copy.jpgVulcanonBridge.jpg

Posted: 22 November 2012 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 504 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16

Okay, Sneak Peak time!
It’s no secret that in my next Nova Trek, the crew comes home and puts the Enterprise in the shop. This means Jan, Tam and Spock come home to Riverside and the Kirk Horse Ranch. The ranch has been mentioned in two previous stories- “Guardian’s Child” and “Another Step Toward War”- but this will be the first time we see it.
  Originally, I had planned on buying a model of a victorian house, but the one I bought was worthless. It was build using one-sided cloth plains- all facing outward. Not only did the textures make the place look run down, if you put a camera inside and did a render all you would see would be the exterior textures.
So, I was forced to do something I have never done- I had to build the house myself. The idea is that the house was orignally built in the late 1800’s and its been in the family for generations. They’s kept it up, maintained and upgraded where needed while trying to keep as much of the orignal structure as possiable.
  Except for Jan, the stairs and banisters- which come from the P.I.C.K. Construction Kit, The granfather clock and bookcase, and Jan’s art supplies, I’ve built everything else. I still need to do the porch banisters and roof and re-work the floor texture. The second floor interior isn’t needed for my stories, so I didn’t finish it other than the walls at the top of the stairs.

Image Attachments
Kirk-House--roof-test--WEB.jpgKirk-House--interior--WEB.jpg

Posted: 22 November 2012 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 505 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2397
Joined  2003-12-06
Mattymanx - 22 November 2012 12:05 AM

Non ST conversion comming soon - Please see here for images - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/171726/

>SQUEE!!!!<

Hooboy, this is way better than the Celestia B5 stuff I converted a while back. Excellent! Renders nicely, too.

I also like the look of the other two ST ships. Is that a non-canon carrier? Don’t see much of those outside the StarFleet Battles games.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 22 November 2012 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 506 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  973
Joined  2003-10-09
Rduda - 22 November 2012 12:33 PM

Bridge Front View

Nice work, any idea when you’ll be selling?

Posted: 22 November 2012 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 507 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5036
Joined  2012-04-07
mdbruffy - 22 November 2012 04:32 PM

Okay, Sneak Peak time!
It’s no secret that in my next Nova Trek, the crew comes home and puts the Enterprise in the shop. This means Jan, Tam and Spock come home to Riverside and the Kirk Horse Ranch. The ranch has been mentioned in two previous stories- “Guardian’s Child” and “Another Step Toward War”- but this will be the first time we see it.
  Originally, I had planned on buying a model of a victorian house, but the one I bought was worthless. It was build using one-sided cloth plains- all facing outward. Not only did the textures make the place look run down, if you put a camera inside and did a render all you would see would be the exterior textures.
So, I was forced to do something I have never done- I had to build the house myself. The idea is that the house was orignally built in the late 1800’s and its been in the family for generations. They’s kept it up, maintained and upgraded where needed while trying to keep as much of the orignal structure as possiable.
  Except for Jan, the stairs and banisters- which come from the P.I.C.K. Construction Kit, The granfather clock and bookcase, and Jan’s art supplies, I’ve built everything else. I still need to do the porch banisters and roof and re-work the floor texture. The second floor interior isn’t needed for my stories, so I didn’t finish it other than the walls at the top of the stairs.

Great job! Looking forward to the stories.

Signature 

Posted: 22 November 2012 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 508 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

Hortas!!! Adult and baby grin Tunnel and egg! Have fun grin

Horta is based on the design of MdBruffy with permission.
New textures.
Several shading domains so one doesn’t need to use transmaps to create the fringe.
Templates included though so one certainly can. Both have identical uvmaps but the baby’s is a tad smaller on the paper.
The same shading domains have slightly different names so the mat files for Horta will not work on the baby. One would need to recreate them for the Baby. I also did everybody a favour and did not try to make Poser mats wink [trust me on that one]
Horta loading in Poser 7 ‘as is’ had a beautiful blue light streaking through it for some reason. Sadly doesn’t do that in D/S.
oh well ...

oh yes, there’s a little test video up to illustrate a tunnel animation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYOjFQSkLjE&feature=youtu.be

http://www.mediafire.com/?yb5r79e4uafqm2n  Horta 19 mb [includes the promo pics]

Image Attachments
asitloads.pngHorta.jpgHorta2.jpgHortaEggs.jpgHortahasMouth.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 22 November 2012 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 509 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

And the tunnel section which is the one used in the vidclip.

Image Attachments
cave_turn_down_smoothing.png
 Signature 

Posted: 22 November 2012 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 510 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16
Patience55 - 22 November 2012 06:08 PM

Hortas!!! Adult and baby grin Tunnel and egg! Have fun grin

Horta is based on the design of MdBruffy with permission.
New textures.
Several shading domains so one doesn’t need to use transmaps to create the fringe.
Templates included though so one certainly can. Both have identical uvmaps but the baby’s is a tad smaller on the paper.
The same shading domains have slightly different names so the mat files for Horta will not work on the baby. One would need to recreate them for the Baby. I also did everybody a favour and did not try to make Poser mats wink [trust me on that one]
Horta loading in Poser 7 ‘as is’ had a beautiful blue light streaking through it for some reason. Sadly doesn’t do that in D/S.
oh well ...

oh yes, there’s a little test video up to illustrate a tunnel animation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYOjFQSkLjE&feature=youtu.be

http://www.mediafire.com/?yb5r79e4uafqm2n  Horta 19 mb [includes the promo pics]

Need to say this to Poser 9 users, make sure you check the high light setting in the material room, If you don’t ,you’ll end up with a purple Horta!
(Reminds me of that old Night Gallery episode about the old Lady. “What do you get when you planet old lady fingers? Old Ladies!”)

34 of 99