Ryan_Landing_Party_Poses_-_Phaser-DAZ.png
 Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 16 November 2012 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 362 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  924
Joined  2003-10-09
GRFK DSGN Unlimited - 16 November 2012 04:02 PM

I’m a little urked right now. Earlier this week I tried to join a group on DeviantArt to try and get some more exposure for my webcomic blog. I was bascially told by one of the moderators that 3d art is not illustration and that moving Poser figures around is not illustration and that I should quit arguing with her. Just burns my a$$!

David

I don’t think you need to need to participate in a close-minded. prejudiced group like that. Daz models are used by professional illustrators.

Posted: 16 November 2012 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 363 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  108
Joined  2010-02-13

well my say is this dont listen to close minded jerks i love everyones work here and strive to be as good. i like the ART i see here so dont get upset - keep posting

Posted: 16 November 2012 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 364 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1292
Joined  2004-07-16
TimG - 16 November 2012 09:06 PM
GRFK DSGN Unlimited - 16 November 2012 04:02 PM

I’m a little urked right now. Earlier this week I tried to join a group on DeviantArt to try and get some more exposure for my webcomic blog. I was bascially told by one of the moderators that 3d art is not illustration and that moving Poser figures around is not illustration and that I should quit arguing with her. Just burns my a$$!

David

I don’t think you need to need to participate in a close-minded. prejudiced group like that. Daz models are used by professional illustrators.

I’d like to see what she’d think of Nova Trek. “Not illustration”- Bull!

Posted: 16 November 2012 10:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 365 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  608
Joined  2006-10-07

Hey all,

For all of you on DA, Paul and I have started a new group dedicated to all things dealing with the Star Trek Mirror Universe. The two freebies I have just posted plus any others will be hosted by that group. We welcome all of you to stop by take and take a look. If you are a member of DA and you have any Mirror Universe images of any kind, we would love to host them. Here is our group Avatar and our tag line is “Not your Fathers Star Trek!”

Image Attachments
Mirror_Trek.jpg
 Signature 

“When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality.”  “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”  “Most bad government has grown out of too much government.” —Thomas Jefferson.

Posted: 16 November 2012 10:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 366 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1292
Joined  2004-07-16
shadowhawk1 - 16 November 2012 10:43 PM

Hey all,

For all of you on DA, Paul and I have started a new group dedicated to all things dealing with the Star Trek Mirror Universe. The two freebies I have just posted plus any others will be hosted by that group. We welcome all of you to stop by take and take a look. If you are a member of DA and you have any Mirror Universe images of any kind, we would love to host them. Here is our group Avatar and our tag line is “Not your Fathers Star Trek!”

Considering how hard it is to find anything on DA, a link to the group would be nice,

Posted: 16 November 2012 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 367 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  514
Joined  2009-01-14

here is a link: http://mirror-trek.deviantart.com/

Signature 

my art: http://mototsume.deviantart.com/
or http://mototsume.webege.com/
freebies:  http://mototsume.webege.com/downloads.htm

Old Post Count: 1773

Posted: 16 November 2012 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 368 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-10-07
MotoTsume - 16 November 2012 11:13 PM

here is a link: http://mirror-trek.deviantart.com/

Thanks Moto for posting the link Sorry about forgetting the link Mdbruffy

Signature 

“When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality.”  “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”  “Most bad government has grown out of too much government.” —Thomas Jefferson.

Posted: 16 November 2012 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 369 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-12-14
mdbruffy - 16 November 2012 10:51 PM
shadowhawk1 - 16 November 2012 10:43 PM

Hey all,

Considering how hard it is to find anything on DA, a link to the group would be nice,

Here you go…..

http://mirror-trek.deviantart.com/

Signature 

Posted: 17 November 2012 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 370 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  474
Joined  2009-07-12

Because it has to be said

Image Attachments
Mr_Shadowhawk.jpg
 Signature 

Don’t resist change! Subvert from within!

Posted: 17 November 2012 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 371 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  258
Joined  2003-10-09

LOL LOL

and ...

How does that badge stay on him? Sticky tape? Velcro to his chest hair (although it appears Mirror Picard shaves his)? An implanted snap? A pin? A strong magnet that is attracted to his artificial heart? (speaking of which, it might be cool to have a really angry-looking scar on his chest from surgery, one that’s not as neat and well-healed as one might expect from our universe’s medical skills wink)

Posted: 17 November 2012 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 372 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-12-14
Ptrope - 17 November 2012 08:48 AM

LOL LOL

and ...

How does that badge stay on him? Sticky tape? Velcro to his chest hair (although it appears Mirror Picard shaves his)? An implanted snap? A pin? A strong magnet that is attracted to his artificial heart? (speaking of which, it might be cool to have a really angry-looking scar on his chest from surgery, one that’s not as neat and well-healed as one might expect from our universe’s medical skills wink)

Animal Magnetism?

Signature 

Posted: 17 November 2012 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 373 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  258
Joined  2003-10-09
ssgbryan - 16 November 2012 08:03 PM

This will be up on my deviantart page shortly.
[Captain on the Bridge for Ryan]

http://ssgbryan.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5lb47i

I’d suggest not mixing upper and lower case with this font - it makes it strange to read wink. Maybe use lower case for everything but “for”

Image Attachments
RyanOnBridge.jpg

Posted: 17 November 2012 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 374 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-12-14
Ptrope - 17 November 2012 09:02 AM
ssgbryan - 16 November 2012 08:03 PM

This will be up on my deviantart page shortly.
[Captain on the Bridge for Ryan]

http://ssgbryan.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5lb47i

I’d suggest not mixing upper and lower case with this font - it makes it strange to read ;). Maybe use lower case for everything but “for”

You are right, I missed that when changing the font (from comic sans).

Signature 

Posted: 17 November 2012 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 375 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-10-07
Ptrope - 17 November 2012 08:48 AM

LOL LOL

and ...

Well being that it is the Mirror universe and I keep getting reminded that it is a Universe of extreme’s I would venture to guess that the communications badge doubles as an Agonizer and has a set of claws that dig through the skin and deep into the muscle in the chest. That way when he is forced to turn over his Agonizer, it is only the remote portion and not the whole device.

Signature 

25 of 99