11 of 99
Star Trek Builders Unite 2 “Renderings on the Edge of Forever” 
Posted: 04 November 2012 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 151 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1381
Joined  2004-07-16
TheCastellan - 04 November 2012 08:57 PM

I mean something like the males wearing,since we did see female Klingons in armor, too.  “Matter of Honor” being a good example.

Then you’re talking the standard Klingon uniform- which hasn’t changed since the TOS movies introduced them.

Posted: 04 November 2012 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 152 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  549
Joined  2011-04-14
mdbruffy - 04 November 2012 09:09 PM

I mean something like the males wearing,since we did see female Klingons in armor, too.  “Matter of Honor” being a good example.

Then you’re talking the standard Klingon uniform- which hasn’t changed since the TOS movies introduced them.

Alright, but is there one for V4?

Posted: 04 November 2012 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 153 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1381
Joined  2004-07-16
TheCastellan - 04 November 2012 09:10 PM
mdbruffy - 04 November 2012 09:09 PM

Alright, but is there one for V4?

That I don’t know. But now that we’ve cleared that up, do you want the standard or do you want the Duras Sisters?

Edit: These shots are from Generations. But they were in several episodes, too.

Image Attachments
generationshd1105.jpggenerationshd1150.jpggenerationshd1331.jpg

Posted: 04 November 2012 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 154 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  493
Joined  2009-07-12

First page is done.

**** UPDATE ****

A kind sir by the name of Thalek pointed out some grammer mistakes.

Coup”, not “coo”, although that’s how it sounds.

“Invalid”, not “invilid”.

And possibly “Deanna Troi” (original spelling) instead of “Dianna Troi”.

As I told him in a PM, releaseing page at a time graphic novels are not my thing, even now something on the release have been changed with the starting of page 3.  Minor changes but still changes.  plus making fixes as I go like these grammer things are a heck of a lot easier.

I just wanted to give everyone a taste of what to expect.

To Thalek, thank you for pointing out these mistakes.

-Paul

Image Attachments
page-2-final-daz.jpg
 Signature 

Don’t resist change! Subvert from within!

Posted: 04 November 2012 09:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 155 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  381
Joined  2012-09-27

A fake Star Trek novel cover in the style of the 80’s Pocket Book covers.

Image Attachments
qq1a_copy.jpg

Posted: 04 November 2012 11:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 156 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  549
Joined  2011-04-14

just normal female Klingon ones.

Posted: 04 November 2012 11:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 157 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  493
Joined  2009-07-12
TheCastellan - 04 November 2012 11:02 PM

just normal female Klingon ones.

I’ve gone back and looked at this thread and your asking of clothing for klingon women.

Well for amour your have the Duras…nuff said, that looks to be the standard for TNG era women

for normal everyday clothing this may be one of the few:  Worf’s wife and mother of his ‘rugrat’  Kehleyr. She wore both armour and everyday clothing as you’ll see from the link.

Has there been clothing made for v4 and free that look like the klingon armour? Not that I can see.  I would recommend pretty much any period style armour, re-texture it and call it good. 

We…the 3D community are a forgiving bunch…we can guess pretty much what is implied….ie my Picard, Troi and Crusher…they are far from exact…again…we know what is implied…and accept. 

Now for a suggestion…From the looks of things if you take some of the more everyday clothing from here or over at Rendo and add leather texture via the free DAZ Shaders at sharecg.  You should be in business for common citizen clothing.

here is a link for clothing suggestions.
http://www.sherylfranklin.com/trekwomen_kehleyr.html

If you are using genesis and have the a3 plugin…this outfit may work
http://www.sharecg.com/v/21775/

-Paul

Signature 

Don’t resist change! Subvert from within!

Posted: 05 November 2012 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 158 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2006-11-22

Poser’s Wardrobe Wizard might also be helpful in taking the A3 clothing and transferring it to V4.

Looks like tunics and leggings would suit many Klingon women.  Hard to go wrong with leather textures, perhaps of contrasting colors.

Posted: 05 November 2012 03:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 159 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  165
Joined  2005-04-30

Klingon females don’t mess with them. They bad for your health

Image Attachments
KLINGON_AND_lEATHER.jpg
 Signature 

We are all alone, born alone, die alone

Posted: 05 November 2012 03:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 160 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  642
Joined  2006-10-07
Thalek - 04 November 2012 03:02 PM
shadowhawk1 - 04 November 2012 03:14 AM

The image turned out great Paul, I am glad that the fix worked for you and it should work well for all the other Wertz morphs you have, and don’t worry that burning feeling like your skin is on fire, it will fade with time as you get used to using Poser! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Is this fix something a Poser user need worry about, or is it a Daz Studio issue?  Either way, though, I think it would benefit the community to know what the fix is.

I’m glad that you were able to help Paul; that render looks damned good.

A Poser user won’t have the issues that Paul was having in DS, the Wertz morphs load right up for us. What I did was have Paul load op M4 in Poser install the morph from the Geometries folder then save the whole figure as a cr2 file. He was then able to copy and paste the cr2 from poser to DS4.5 and use it that way. I tried several times to create an instal morph for him and failed so I had to resort to walking him through that method. Unless you have a copy of Poser (any version should work) I am not sure how else to do it. If someone else has a better way please share as I would b interested as well in how to do it.

Signature 

“When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality.”  “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”  “Most bad government has grown out of too much government.” —Thomas Jefferson.

Posted: 05 November 2012 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 161 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  165
Joined  2005-04-30
PDSmith - 04 November 2012 09:41 PM

First page is done.

This is looking good Paul cann’t wait for more

Signature 

We are all alone, born alone, die alone

Posted: 05 November 2012 04:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 162 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2006-11-22
shadowhawk1 - 05 November 2012 03:25 AM
Thalek - 04 November 2012 03:02 PM
shadowhawk1 - 04 November 2012 03:14 AM

The image turned out great Paul, I am glad that the fix worked for you and it should work well for all the other Wertz morphs you have, and don’t worry that burning feeling like your skin is on fire, it will fade with time as you get used to using Poser! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Is this fix something a Poser user need worry about, or is it a Daz Studio issue?  Either way, though, I think it would benefit the community to know what the fix is.

I’m glad that you were able to help Paul; that render looks damned good.

A Poser user won’t have the issues that Paul was having in DS, the Wertz morphs load right up for us. What I did was have Paul load op M4 in Poser install the morph from the Geometries folder then save the whole figure as a cr2 file. He was then able to copy and paste the cr2 from poser to DS4.5 and use it that way. I tried several times to create an instal morph for him and failed so I had to resort to walking him through that method. Unless you have a copy of Poser (any version should work) I am not sure how else to do it. If someone else has a better way please share as I would b interested as well in how to do it.

I confess that I don’t know how to do intall morph poses, either.  Seems to me that there’s some Poser software out there to do the job, but I don’t know how well it works or what it costs.

Posted: 05 November 2012 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 163 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  128
Joined  2005-01-01
mdbruffy - 04 November 2012 07:16 PM
TheCastellan - 04 November 2012 07:04 PM
bluto - 04 November 2012 01:00 PM
TheCastellan - 04 November 2012 07:24 AM

And TNG era Klingon clothes for V4 around here?

http://www.sharecg.com/v/60596/browse/11/Poser/TOS-Klingon-Uniform-for-V4-Courageous

Thanks, but I am looking for TNG?

You won’t find anything in NG episodes. BUT, can anyone remember the name of the DS9 episode that brought back Kang, Kor and Koloth? They wore the closest thing to civilian wear you’re likely to find.

The episode of DS9 with Kang, Kor, and Koloth is called “Blood Oath”. Just watched it a few days ago.

Signature 

“Time is a fire in which we all burn.” -Dr. Tolian Soren

Posted: 05 November 2012 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 164 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  108
Joined  2010-02-13

i like what you got so far PDSmith

Posted: 05 November 2012 07:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 165 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  458
Joined  2003-10-09

Link to the DS9 episode…

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Blood_Oath_(episode)

David

11 of 99